What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Benefits are good and not a hard job" (in 305 reviews)
- "Good pay for your first year with the company and they care about their employees" (in 253 reviews)
- "awesome place to work the people are great the company really cares about its workers whether your temp worker or not" (in 162 reviews)
- "Training was good and regularly updated/distributed." (in 57 reviews)
- "Great employee's to work with and for." (in 53 reviews)
- "Poor management to work with" (in 146 reviews)
- "long hours necessary to adequately cover specific market areas" (in 80 reviews)
- "No work life balance be prepared to work up to 12 hours a day + Saturdays." (in 65 reviews)
- "Micro management which evolved completing upper management tasks other jobs that were not in the job description( knocking on doors collecting money, site visits for other business units endless recording of activity's that were completely meaningless just to satisfy upper management , reporting the same material in multiple locations to make other members jobs easier , spending 60" (in 51 reviews)
- "I have engaged direct manager and his manager multiple times with no success." (in 45 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Republic Services and is not affected by filters.
- Ethnic Group
- Sexual Orientation
- Parent or Family Caregiver
- Veteran Status
Found 164 of over 3K reviews
Updated Oct 2, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Reviews about "work life balance"Return to all Reviews
- 1.0Jan 30, 2016Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee, less than 1 yearDurham, NC
benefits vacation package health insurance
I noticed that if your not in the click and the click is the managers and supervisors watch out! They will tell lies about you, write you up for anything and everything and give you absolutely no guidance, your treated like the plague if you ask a question. There wasn't enough time in the day to complete all the duties required for this position. No work life balance be prepared to work up to 12 hours a day + Saturdays. The managers and supervisors are two faced they talk about the employees behind there backs but to there face they are buddies, it's like they feel very superior to anyone under them. I was pushed out they didn't like me a certain woman manager who everyone knows there, if she doesn't like you the door is the next step for you, bad mouth you to who ever is listening and has a foul mouth as well The type of person that will help you if needed but then hold it against you at the same time and this is management. And how many smoke breaks can managers, supervisors take in one day?Republic Services Response8y
We are sorry to hear that your experience didn’t meet your expectations. We strive to create great experiences for our employees and we’re always seeking feedback. If you’d like to discuss this further please email us at email@example.com.
- 4.0Mar 15, 2017Operations SupervisorCurrent Employee, more than 10 yearsLakeland, FL
Some of the pros are the fantastic training opportunities available to management, great work benefits and the overall outlook for the sustainability for the company.
The work life balance is not the best at this location due to several challenges.Republic Services Response7y
Thanks for your feedback and being part of the RS team!