RentMoola Payment Solutions Reviews

1. 5.0

A rebirth

Jul 23, 2020 - Product Manager in Vancouver, BC
    Business Outlook

Pros

The company has been realigning its strategy and is growing the team under a new and energetic leadership. A brand new platform that is setting the foundation for a solid product revolution and acceleration of new product delivery Very good team spirit with a good mix of culture, expertise and long term and new employees High growth mode and amazing opportunities

Cons

Company has been struggling in the past and like any company going to changes at an accelerated pace it create frictions.

Chief Human Resources Officer

Thank you for your review and advice to management! Investing in our people is of utmost importance to us and we are happy to hear that it is being recognized! Without our extremely talented team, we would not have our company so this is always something that is at the top of our minds!

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Tons of development possibilities, truly diversified team, great spirit in a stable business segment. Great employer.

Jul 22, 2020 - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC
    Business Outlook

Pros

1. While a lot of companies claim to be diversified, RentMoola is a truly diversified business, offering talents from everywhere in the world a chance to discover their skills. 2. Plenty of colleagues have been promoted to higher positions from within. 3. If you ask for responsibility and for interesting yet challenging tasks- you'll get them. 4. good reactionplan to COVID has been executed by the management, all required work technologies (Slack, Video conference, CRM, etc) in place.

Cons

Fintecs in general offer a fast paced environment with a comparatively high workload. So is RentMoola, too.

Chief Human Resources Officer

Thank you for your review! We are a truly diverse organization with about as many different languages spoken as we have team members and we are very proud of that fact. Diversity brings so many great ideas and perspectives, and we truly appreciate hearing them. The Zoom Cocktails and online socials are now in place in lieu of our normal office Happy Hour on Fridays in the office while the pandemic is still around and while we strive to keep our people safe. Thanks again!

3. 4.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Company on the verge of something big

Jul 28, 2020 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

At Rentmoola there is ample opportunity to identify something that needs to be done and then do it, so its easy to grow professionally. Careful initiative is rewarded. You are able to learn from others who will take their time to explain difficult problems and support your work. You feel like you are part of the team.

Cons

Fast paced start-up environment is not for everyone. Overime may be required during critical junctures.

4. 4.0

Sep 16, 2020 - Sales
    Business Outlook

Pros

Interesting fintech with an always changing environment which I’ve found it helpful to build on my skill set.

Cons

Not very many cons other than some communication problems from time to time

Be the first to find this review helpful
  5. 5.0
    Current Employee

A good company to grow in

Jul 22, 2020 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

There is a Positive & Flexible Environment here. A few positives that stand out to me so far include: -People know their stuff -Opportunity for growth -Efficient with on-boarding staff -Benefits to look forward to -Training and education to look forward to -Interactive CEO, Human Resources and Leadership team

Cons

Well, so far so good!

Chief Human Resources Officer

Thank you for your review! We are happy to learn that people feel that RentMoola is a good company in which to grow as we do our best to provide that type of stimulating, innovative, fast paced environment!

6. 1.0
    Former Employee

Your salary nor benefits will cover the therapy you need while working here.

Jul 23, 2020 - Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Are you a fan of The Office? The chaos, the dysfunction - will the branch close? What prank will Jim pull on Dwight next? Why is Michael Scott such an idiot boss? Well…why couldn’t Michael Scott be my boss? At least I know he cares. Writing this out, I should not compare RentMoola to The Office. The Office deserves better. RentMoola is a great place if you want to learn what NOT to do. Have a passion to be leader? Work here to see what habits not to pick up. Have the desire to have your own start-up one day? Work here to see how to have one that is not a failure. The experience you gain here is next to none. You will truly learn so much. You will get responsibilities and tasked with projects you probably wouldn't get else where. That’s why employees stay as long as they do - there is something worth it. The people-not leadership nor the executive team-make this place. They are the reason the company is still standing. DO NOT BELIEVE THE POSITIVE REVIEWS. If you want to learn more, just reach out to the “RentMooligans” who have left the company in this past year.

Cons

Where to begin… The company is managed by the Board of Directors and Shareholders - who have no experience in tech nor do they care. They want to see returns. This is at the expense of the hard-working staff. They have ideas (terrible and never thought out. They do not do any market research to validate their ideas) and demand a fast turnaround time. That means, the small team that is barely keeping the platform running, has to drop everything to deliver those ideas. What happens next? They change their mind or it fails. Bottom line: it’s your fault. All that hard work you are doing for your resume and portfolio - flushed down the toilet. The lack of competency and leadership at this company is astonishing. You would think, after 8 years, three different executive teams, it would get better. It gets worse. Just faster. First executive team, made up with the co-founders lasted 4 years. Then 2 years and now…there’s a new team. They are all the same: they micro-manage, criticize and belittle you - nothing you do is good enough. The co-founders…at least they cared about the product and the company. The jokes that surrounded them or past them, do not. There is so much more, but am too exhausted to write it all. Going to watch The Office to make myself feel better and just wish I worked at Dunder Mifflin instead this joke of a place.

10 people found this review helpful
  7. 2.0
    Former Employee

A shell of what it used to be

Apr 24, 2020 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

RentMoola has had a history of many ups and downs, and they have consistently and miraculously made it out of even the worst of times, which is a testament to the company's tenacity. More recently, the company has had an incredibly rare opportunity to rebuild its platform and standard operating procedures from scratch using all the latest and greatest technologies. If you are an individual willing to embrace an environment where you may be asked to take ownership of a large piece of the overall business, this is a great place for you to really shine in that aspect and build a solid hands-on work experience. Due to the size of the company and the demanding nature of the market RentMoola is in, every line of code you write, every sales call you make, and every customer's question you resolve will have a direct and noticeable impact on the business. At RentMoola, you'll have the opportunity to have a voice and impact that no large company can offer. Things move extremely quickly, and so will your career path. This may however come at the risk of not having the mentorship or guidance that can also be equally helpful in one's career path. Despite the recent negatives, new management seems to be actively taking the steps to gravitate the company to a more structured organization and to improve a lackluster office culture - though I am skeptical of the approach as I'm of the belief this cannot be done artificially. The new CEO is also utilizing his extensive network of investors and partners to hopefully move the company to a more viable trajectory.

Cons

The company has consistently been in a rocky position - whether its capital, revolving personnel, or the non-existent culture, there is always a nagging and growing pain of working at RentMoola. Deeply rooted frustration from every department leads to toxicity across the entire company to a point where it's not uncommon to hear obnoxiously loud gossip about leadership and the poor state of the company throughout the office during working hours. The company had a brief few years of a culture that was really starting to click. Leadership all got along with each other, and you could tell there was a camaraderie within the small but humble and hardworking office. Everyone was geared toward the common goal of really making RentMoola a game changer and a great place to work. That was all thrown into uncertainty when the company hired an egotistical CEO who puts his personal achievements before the company's. Despite having an arguably successful background in business and leadership on paper, he has successfully managed to clean house and wipe out the entire executive team and senior staff below him within months of his arrival by either firing them or having them eventually leave on their own accord out of sheer frustration, which speaks a lot about his leadership qualifications. The small startup charm that RentMooola maintained for so long was snuffed out in the months following the appointment of the new management. Senior staff would be replaced primarily with with CEO's former colleagues from outside of the country, while the company itself would begin to shift in untenable directions, even going as far as to change the longstanding name of the company into something that is quite frankly bizarre to say the least, without conducting any prior market research or focus groups. RentMoola's worst enemy has been time and focus, and in the company's 8 rocky years, it's competitors and technology in general have caught up, which is highly unfortunate for the future of the company.

9 people found this review helpful

Marketing Director

Dear anonymous, Thank you for taking the time to submit a thoughtful review. We are glad that you recognize the positive steps the company is taking to improve the product and processes. We are disappointed that your experience with the company does not line up with what we stand for and the growth we are seeing today. We are incredibly proud of our platform and the progress we have made. We value company culture, diversity and treat our team members as family. We recently developed our core values in collaboration with the entire team and have put a closer focus on employee engagement. We have also put together programs to ensure we measure, recognize, and reward performance. And in just a few months this has led to tremendous growth for the company and we are extremely proud of the progress we have made so far with business success, accolades and awards. And we are confident that this growth will continue as we execute our plans for sustainable growth. It is always our goal to improve communications among team members and it is an ongoing process. The company is thriving and it is entirely due to the talent we have and continue to attract. We wish you the best of luck in your career.

8. 1.0

Total Systemic Incompetence - Starts at the top

Jul 8, 2020 - N/A
    Business Outlook

Pros

There are a few highly motivated and intelligent people keeping the company afloat.

Cons

Micro-management at every corner. Lack of real ownership over anything.

9 people found this review helpful
  9. 5.0
    Current Employee

Fintech where it is really needed!

Mar 9, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

The product is awesome, fits into a space thats been old and laggard for a really long time. Who still wants to pay rent with checks and cash...takes forever to process The company is under a new structure. Before I joined, I had read all the reviews about the past. I can't say much but there has been no problems from the older reviews since I joined. Full investment into its people and the companies goals. The tech stack is great, website is really well done and the platform is so modern compared to whats been in this space. I've seen the CEO go into sales meeting and fly to clients to ensure they're happy. Plenty of room for growth and learning. If you're wanting to wear more hats and expand your career; its here.

Cons

Clean up: There's still some things left behind by the older team that needs to be worked on to fit into the new model and structure. Company is still fairly young and there isn't time to do everything. There's limited human resources but still growing. Great outlook

10. 2.0

Young startup

Dec 13, 2016 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Great place to discover your strengths and weaknesses, and lots of opportunity to switch roles -Central location in downtown Vancouver -Relaxed work environment (casual dress, friendly staff) -The leadership is really excited about their product -Some very talented individuals work there

Cons

-Lack of transparency -The product is a hard sell. I think more thought and work needed to go into it before they opened up shop. -A major boys club (there are no women in senior or mid-level leadership) -Having "manager" in your title does not actually mean you're managing anything -The company relies heavily on being a "fun startup environment", but realistically, it's a bit stale -Working from home is not an option, ever

4 people found this review helpful