Reliance Home Comfort Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

4.2
Reliance Home Comfort President and CEO Sean O'brien
Sean O'brien

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Comfort Ambassador program is a great opportunity to have management recognize their team members (in 14 reviews)

• Company highly values Team Member and work-life balance (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Work/Life balance is ZERO (you won't have life) (in 4 reviews)

• No clear direction from Management team (in 5 reviews)

1. "A fantastic company with amazing work ethics and culture."

Current Employee - Operations Manager in Maple Ridge, BC
    Current Employee - Operations Manager in Maple Ridge, BC

I have been working at Reliance Home Comfort full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Working for Reliance has many pro's, although the company is large as a whole it feels like you are part of a close tight knit family surrounded by friends. There are massive opportunities for personal growth, although my job role is defined and I know what I am responsible for I am always given the opportunity to try new things or join in on management calls so that i can gain a better understanding of the way the company works on multiple levels. There is great communication between all of the different departments which makes day to day working life great. I can honestly say that I have never had a job where I didn't mind waking up in the morning and going to work, every day is filled with something different or some new task to complete or figure out and every day goes by in a blink of an eye. Something that makes working for the company is so great is their close attention to customer service, they/we put customer service first above all else which makes doing my job rewarding on a daily basis, knowing you are making a difference to peoples lives. I am proud to call myself a Reliance team member.

Cons

The only downside is I wish we were closer to head office so that I could be a part of the larger running's of the company, this is not really a con as the company has many locations and is part of being a larger organisation. Luckily we have the opportunity to travel to head office from time to time which is a great perk of the job.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing, pay close attention to your team members and make sure they are given plenty of praise for all of their hard work. If that continues you will have team members for life. Acknowledgement of hard work is key and something that is currently done so well.

2. "Solid & Organized"

Current Employee - Manager in Vancouver, BC
    Current Employee - Manager in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Reliance Home Comfort full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Reliance is a great place to work - tasks are clearly laid out. What I enjoy the most is having very clear expectations plus unbiased feedback through reports and scoreboards.
    As it's a larger company there is plenty of opportunity for upward mobility for all employees compared to any peer companies.

Cons

As we are out on the West coast - time differences limits the communication window from head office to our office. Not much we can do about that

Advice to Management

Well managed

3. "LIVING THE DREAM IN ALBERTA"

Current Employee - HVAC Technician in Edmonton, AB
    Current Employee - HVAC Technician in Edmonton, AB

I have been working at Reliance Home Comfort full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I was fortunate enough to be hired by Reliance Home Comfort here in the Edmonton branch. This is a top notch well organized company with safety its top concern. The best employees i have ever worked with, really talented and great guys. Supervisor and upper management are allways concerned about our well being, so if your interested in working steady and being paid what you are worth then this is the company that will grow and have you grow with it.

Cons

NO CONS ALL PROS WITH THIS TEAM

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing, awseome, thank you for making me a better person and being there for me allways.

5. "Great growth opportunities"

Former Employee - Operations Manager in Calgary, AB
    Former Employee - Operations Manager in Calgary, AB

I worked at Reliance Home Comfort full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The management at Reliance will work with you to facilitate long term goals and ensure your growth is front and center. You are not just a number you're part of the Reliance family. The company is very aggressive in terms of growth so be prepared to be fully committed and available to help your team members.

Cons

Nothing to mention that would be considered a con.

Advice to Management

Keep hiring great team members and never sacrifice team member happiness for growth. Both can coincide.

"Great place to grow and learn."

I have been working at Reliance Home Comfort full-time

Pros

I have worked for many companies in the past but no other compares to Reliance. I feel at home and comfortable. Safety is the top priority and everyone is treated with most respect. I sometimes refer to my co-workers as friends when having conversations with my family. This is the real deal and I'm looking forward to many more years!

Cons

Company has a few growing pains, but end up as POSITIVE in the end.

Advice to Management

Advertise how great Reliance is! Keep up what you are doing.

7. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Technician
    Current Employee - Technician

I have been working at Reliance Home Comfort full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Fast pace very exciting environment with room for growth and opportunity. A team environment that is driven by our strong corporate culture only spells success for all that are involved. We are supplied with everything we need to give our customers the experience they deserve every day. Our CEO is very inspiring.

Cons

With growth there are challenges but with the management team we have issues are resolved.

Advice to Management

Keep us going down the winning path

8. "Better is better"

Current Employee - Service Technician in Winnipeg, MB
    Current Employee - Service Technician in Winnipeg, MB

I have been working at Reliance Home Comfort full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The pay is really good,compared to other company's in the same field.you are treated like a member of the family.

Cons

When we have to deal with suppliers that are not our regular supplier. As they always don't have the parts we need.

Advice to Management

Continue to move forward in this positive direction that we are on.

9. "Good recognition for performance."

I have been working at Reliance Home Comfort full-time

Pros

Company generally recognizes performance and achievements. There is a good ability to move within the company /move up the company. Comfort Ambassador program is a great opportunity to have management recognize their team members.

Cons

Should reevaluate benefits, because they are not one of the best .

10. "Teamwork is #1"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Winnipeg, MB
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Winnipeg, MB

I have been working at Reliance Home Comfort full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I enjoy the people I work with and the family atmosphere we have. Trust is important in the workplace and that is my definition of a team. A group of people who trust one another in pursuit of their objectives

Cons

Location. Winnipeg is a city of 750,000 people. To be located on the very East part of the city hampers our ability to properly market our brand to rest of the city.

Advice to Management

Focus a portion of marketing budget into community involvement. Manitoba has the highest percentage of charitable donations per capita in Canada. We need to be a part of this culture.

11. "Manager"

Current Employee - Manager in Saskatoon, SK
    Current Employee - Manager in Saskatoon, SK

I have been working at Reliance Home Comfort full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Corporate culture. Family atmosphere. Great compensation

Cons

Being able to get information from head office

Advice to Management

Keep doing what we are doing!