Relay Platform Toronto Reviews

Updated Nov 23, 2021

Found 6 of over 19 reviews

4.6
Relay Platform CEO Greg Boutin (no image)
Greg Boutin
0 Rating

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

The latest conversations about Tech

227 Comments

Tech

83K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.ca&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Relay Platform~4009948
Join the conversation on
  1. 5.0

Flexible, Top Notch Culture, Going Places

Nov 23, 2021 - Senior Program Manager in Toronto, ON
    Business Outlook

Pros

Management is interested to grow your career Startup culture without ridiculous hours Ability to see the impact of your contributions

Cons

None so far. Will update if I see anything

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great place to grow your carrier

Oct 17, 2021 - Senior Software Developer in Toronto, ON
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Workplace environment is helpful. - There is the opportunity to grow and learn. - The job is challenging but it gets the best out of you. - You can always be your own self. - The management is supportive of you.

Cons

- Client requirements change. - Deadlines change. - Growing fast, new faces, new projects...

CEO

Thanks for the review, it's super appreciated. Would be great to know what incentive you refer to - we have so many! :)

3. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

A Great Place to Grow

Oct 15, 2021 - Intermediate Software Developer in Toronto, ON
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Great mentorship - Modern development stack - Opportunities to deliver demos to customers - Frequent 1 on 1s with seniors that genuinely care about your growth! - Nice, useful and practical perks - Work from anywhere within a reasonable timezone - Great culture

Cons

- Occasionally there will be some days that are filled with back-to-back meetings

CEO

Hi there - thanks for sharing your perspective. I agree there are too many meetings. We have a policy that no meeting is compulsory, but I agree we need to find ways to make it happen more often, and rationalize the number of meetings. This is an issue I've heard of at every company I ever worked at, so either we all have it, or maybe it's got to do with me!!! (but I wasn't in charge at many of those other companies, so I want to believe I'll be part of the solution not the problem!)

4. 5.0

Amazing Environment

Oct 4, 2021 - Engineer in Toronto, ON
    Business Outlook

Pros

The company culture is amazing, the management takes care of employees exceptionally well. They ensure that the resources have a proper work-life balance. With unlimited leaves, paid vacation, work from the anywhere-at-any time you want policies, they have created an amazing environment. Relay goes above and beyond to align the work with our career goals. There is no micro-management and this helps the team to be more productive. It feels great to work with a management that is transparent and communicates well with the employees.

Cons

None! I love working here.

CEO

Wow I want to work there! Oh wait... I do!!! :) We try our best. Sometimes though, I admit I micro-manage. It depends on the topics and my priorities. The rest of the leadership is awesome at not micro-managing, though - I made sure of that! :)

5. 5.0
    Current Employee

A word from the CEO

Apr 13, 2021 - Founder & Chief Executive Officer in Toronto, ON
    Business Outlook

Pros

Hi - Relay CEO here. We build the next generation of insurance and reinsurance solutions for brokers. We help reduce the cost of insurance so more businesses can get insured. We also seek to create a leading culture in Canada. Our core principles are anchored in Diversity and Inclusion, Customer Excellence, Empathy and "Delivering Magic". We encourage our team to "Be Your Very Selves" and bring your differences to work. We don't just change insurance with our product, but with our culture.

Cons

We are a technology venture and we move fast. We emphasize work-life balance and always seek ways to respect it, but at times we have deadlines and clients needing some urgent work. We can always improve.

6. 3.0

Good People

Feb 23, 2021 - Senior Developer in Toronto, ON
    Business Outlook

Pros

they care about the culture

Cons

far too many long hours

CEO

Management response here: Relay is one of a few software companies that really pays attention to work-life balance and have taken concrete steps to ensure our employees have time to resource themselves. Unlimited vacations and time-off, work-from-anywhere and at your preferred hours, frequent discussion and action to further improve in that regard, and we ask almost every Friday whether anyone feels compelled to complete weekend work, so we can find alternative solutions. We will encourage our employees to provide their reviews so job applicants have a wider range of perspectives than this single review.

Viewing 1 - 6 of 6 English Reviews