Cover image for Relay Platform

65% Recommend to a Friend
60% Approve of CEO

Found 6 of over 27 reviews

3.8
Relay Platform CEO Greg Boutin (no image)
Greg Boutin

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

The latest conversations about Tech

70 Comments

Tech

455.2K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Relay Platform~4009948
Join the conversation on
  1. 5.0

Amazing Environment

Jan. 11, 2022 - Software Development Engineer In Test (SDET) in Toronto, ON
    Business Outlook

Pros

The company culture is amazing, the management takes care of employees exceptionally well. There is always an opportunity to learn something new. They ensure that the resources have a proper work-life balance. With unlimited leaves, paid vacation, work from the anywhere-at-any time you want policies, they have created an amazing work environment. Relay goes above and beyond to align the work with our career goals. There is no micro-management and this helps the team to be more productive. It feels great to work with a management that is transparent and communicates well with the employees.

Cons

None! I love working here.

2. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Good Team Members, No Leadership Direction

Mar. 17, 2022 - Marketing in Toronto, ON
    Business Outlook

Pros

Remote Work is obviously a bonus. They will provide you with a laptop and swag upon joining.

Cons

There is a clear lack of direction from upper management. The CEO (Greg) will nit-pick your work without providing valuable constructive criticism. Employees are pressured to post reviews on Glassdoor immediately upon hire. Look at the amount of CEO responses in other review, they should clearly tell you where the priorities lay with Relay leadership. They care more about their reputation than the people that work for them. This is a completely true review from a former employee, my previous review was taken down. Greg, if you are reading this, you need to adjust your mentality towards negative opinions of your working style.

Relay Platform Response

CEO

Thanks for the feedback. Mine would be in return that judging a company after less than a month on the job, and in reaction to feedback you received and did not like, is reactive and not objective.

3. Join the Relay Platform team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Phenomenal Place to Work

Jan. 11, 2022 - Intermediate Software Developer in Toronto, ON
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Great mentorship. I was able to grow from a Junior Developer to an Intermediate Developer - Modern development stack - Opportunities to deliver demos to customers - Frequent 1 on 1s with seniors that genuinely care about your growth. They will make sure that your career is progressing in the exact way that you want to - Nice, useful and practical perks - Work from anywhere within a reasonable timezone - Great culture that's actually "doing the work" when it comes to diversity, equity and inclusion. - Leaders are truly open to suggestions and trying new things

Cons

- Occasionally there will be some days that are filled with back-to-back meetings - Although they stress that we shouldn't work weekends, achieving work-life balance can sometimes be tricky

5. 5.0

Flexible, Top Notch Culture, Going Places

Nov. 23, 2021 - Senior Program Manager in Toronto, ON
    Business Outlook

Pros

Management is interested to grow your career Startup culture without ridiculous hours Ability to see the impact of your contributions

Cons

None so far. Will update if I see anything

Be the first to find this review helpful
  6. 5.0
    Current Employee

A word from the CEO

Apr. 13, 2021 - Founder & Chief Executive Officer in Toronto, ON
    Business Outlook

Pros

Hi - Relay CEO here. We build the next generation of insurance and reinsurance solutions for brokers. We help reduce the cost of insurance so more businesses can get insured. We also seek to create a leading culture in Canada. Our core principles are anchored in Diversity and Inclusion, Customer Excellence, Empathy and "Delivering Magic". We encourage our team to "Be Your Very Selves" and bring your differences to work. We don't just change insurance with our product, but with our culture.

Cons

We are a technology venture and we move fast. We emphasize work-life balance and always seek ways to respect it, but at times we have deadlines and clients needing some urgent work. We can always improve.

Be the first to find this review helpful
  7. 3.0

Good People

Feb. 23, 2021 - Senior Developer in Toronto, ON
    Business Outlook

Pros

they care about the culture

Cons

far too many long hours

3 people found this review helpful

Relay Platform Response

CEO

Management response here: Relay is one of a few software companies that really pays attention to work-life balance and have taken concrete steps to ensure our employees have time to resource themselves. Unlimited vacations and time-off, work-from-anywhere and at your preferred hours, frequent discussion and action to further improve in that regard, and we ask almost every Friday whether anyone feels compelled to complete weekend work, so we can find alternative solutions. We will encourage our employees to provide their reviews so job applicants have a wider range of perspectives than this single review.

Viewing 1 - 6 of 6 English Reviews