Rapid7 "willing to help" Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Rapid7 Employee Reviews about "willing to help"

Updated Nov 15, 2018

4.2
Rapid7 President and Chief Executive Officer Corey E. Thomas
Corey E. Thomas
Cons

Reviews about "willing to help"

Return to all Reviews

"Fantastic Growing Company"

Current Employee - Sales Development Representative in Boston, MA

I have been working at Rapid7 full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Solid sales dev program. Helps if you have some sales experience before to be sure but there is plenty of opportunity to learn. - Teaming is incredible. Everyone is willing to help and teach. - Broad portfolio to sell from in the dev stages. You specialize later on. - Solid benefits and great culture. - Clear path to advancement.

Cons

- Slightly below average pay compounded with comp plan confusion. Money will be better in a closing role.

Rapid72018-11-15

"Incredible learning opportunities!"

Current Employee - Business Development in Singapore

I have been working at Rapid7 full-time for more than a year

Pros

The Moose family is very well knitted even across regions and other offices. You'll get to learn a lot as the company emphasise on continuous learning and promotes internal growth. Most importantly, the culture and environment is great which makes working together a wonderful pleasure. Help is also always given when you need it. People are willing to help you to be successful so don't be afraid to ask questions. This emphasis on teamwork is what makes the office bonded and pleasure to work with.

Cons

None that I can think of right now.

Rapid72017-07-06
  3. "Great working environment and atmosphere!"

Current Employee - Business Development Representative in Singapore

I have been working at Rapid7 full-time for more than a year

Pros

- If you are looking for a place with no office politics. Here is the place to be! - Teamwork at its best. Everyone is willing to help one another to succeed! - Open and free communication within the office between employees, managers and directors. - Fun environment with lots of laughter. - Managers and Directors are great!They support you with the intentions to make you do well, and progress. Always looking for ways to improve you and open new doors for you. - Different departments are always willing to help each other for a common team goal. (APAC goal) - Fun team bonding activities throughout the year. And since the office population isn't huge, everyone is very close to one another. - When deadlines are near, and you are missing out on your numbers/targets, everyone will help to the best of their abilities to ensure that your numbers are close or met. - I personally work under a manager who actively defends me and fight for me, which means a lot. - Lots of snacks! - Expanding company.

Cons

- If you are not willing to adapt and be part of the team, it can be difficult because the whole office is one team. - If you are looking to lose weight, you need to be very discipline! - Yes, the work can be stressful, with numbers and targets to meet! But this is the same everywhere you go. But at least targets are achievable here. Majority of the employees in this office hit our targets. It's all about your attitude.

Rapid72017-07-05

"I'd recommend Rapid7!"

Account Executive in Reading, England

I have been working at Rapid7

Pros

I have been working at Rapid7 for just over 18 months and have progressed to a different role in this time. This is a company that wants all of their staff to succeed. Rapid7 is a young, vibrant company in which I feel I am an integral cog. I feel there is opportunity to make a huge difference in this company and to keep moving through the ranks. This is backed up by leadership and colleagues believing in each other and creating a positive and happy culture within the organisation. Rapid7 truly is a company that you can grow and learn with in tandem. There are plenty of incentives and treats for the staff to maintain this culture as we grow, some of these include, company sponsored staff events, trips, charity give back days and more. Training and enablement are frequent and colleagues from across the globe are willing to help with additional training or to jump on a call to help at the drop of a hat. All in all, Rapid7 has been good to me and that in turn has made me feel valued, comfortable and I enjoy work, it is strange not getting that Monday feeling! I can see a long future at Rapid7 and would recommend it to anyone.

Cons

Some processes are driven out of the USA, so with time differences this can cause some delays. It really is a minor qualm that the leadership look to be resolving currently.

Rapid72016-09-26

"Rapid7 Singapore Office"

I have been working at Rapid7

Pros

This is a great place for those who have a positive attitude, willing to learn and being a team player. There is no perfect place; it is as good as you are willing to give your best and work to make it a better place to spend your productive hours. In this office, managers and colleagues are willing to help - you just have to ask. My manager is always happy to give guidance and understand whatever challenges I may face in work. Regular scheduled meetings give me plenty of opportunities to touch base to give and receive feedback with an open mind.

Cons

Only downside is that the office is a tad small for the team but that also mean that everyone is seated close to one another = plenty of opportunities to mingle.

Rapid72016-04-11

"Thank God I Found This Company"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Boston, MA

I have been working at Rapid7 full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Relevant sales training experience - Incredible teamwork where everyone is willing to help - Fun energetic work environment - Strong product in the market place

Cons

- Work life balance can be touch (all in work place) - High expectations for new product market penetration - Company growing so fast communication can be fragmented

Rapid72015-05-02

"Great culture, great people, great products"

I have been working at Rapid7 full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Very customer and people-focused culture focused on solving really hard problems. Not for people looking to play it safe. Huge opportunities for those who like to collaborate and create. Really passionate team members who are willing to help make you successful in whatever role you are in.

Cons

Growth can cause some processes to be behind and not scale to the demands of the business. Not everyone is a cultural fit which can lead to people not being successful.

Rapid72015-05-04

"Rapid7 is a fun and energetic workplace where you'll never be bored!"

Sales in Boston, MA

I have been working at Rapid7

Pros

-Everyone is willing to help you to succeed - Huge amount of growth potential -Great Industry -Wonderful people - Fun, relaxed culture

Cons

-A small company that's growing quickly so there are some areas where we are learning to be big with the small company mindset

Rapid72015-03-05
  9. "You will work hard, you will learn a lot, and if you are committed...you can be really successful!"

Former Employee - Account Executive/Team Lead

I worked at Rapid7 full-time for more than a year

Pros

The people are amazing and everyone is willing to help you. However, they aren't going to spoon feed you... you need to be proactive and not be afraid to ask for help. The training and enablement when you start is also very good. They give you time to get comfortable with the technology and the company before they throw you right on the phones. This company is also very team oriented so you have a great support system to help you develop. I was very confident in the leadership at the top and they continued to bring in top talent during my entire 2 year tenure across the entire business. It is a fun company to work for and there are always competitions that award you additional incentives and keep you motivated. Just a sample of these types of rewards: Team Dinners, Exclusive Athletic Events, Exclusive Concert Experiences, Gift Cards, etc. If there was something that would motivate you or your team to succeed all you had to do was ask and there was a good chance they would make it happen. Earning potential was uncapped in sales and there were people here in their mid 20's who made over $200K last year. Outside my direct experience in sales I was also extremely impressed with several other departments as everyone is committed to making this company one of the best places to work and exceeding customer expectations. This a fast growing company and they hire talented, smart, and competitive people who are eager to learn and produce results quickly. If you are one of these people and you want to be around other like-minded professionals- this could be a great fit!

Cons

This is a place that demands a lot from employees. I don't believe that is a con on the company, I think it is that people who interview say they are willing to work hard and can handle the demanding workload when in reality they aren't prepared to. You will work long hours, you will experience pressure when it comes to billing and forecasting... but they do give you ample time to develop and will work with you if you are having difficulties. If you are looking for a 9-5 this is not for you. If you are looking for an 8-6 this is probably also not for you...unless you are willing to put in work outside normal hours or are an extremely efficient person who learns very quickly. Like I said above...if you work hard and pick it up quickly there are tons of incentives and you can make some serious money. No one who makes $150-200K+ doesn't work hard or make sacrifices that may affect their personal lives or work life balance.

Rapid72014-06-03

"Rapid7 - The company without professionalism, honesty, integrity, ethics, or transparency."

Current Employee - Account Executive in Boston, MA

I have been working at Rapid7 full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great products. Good experience. Builds a strong backbone. Most employees are willing to help teach and coach if you step up and ask. Fast paced & fun environment.

Cons

No work/life balance. It is very difficult to take a vacation without being seriously questioned or judged. If you are not in the office, employees are talking about you. Very political environment. Management clearly does not respect employees. No transparency - It's very difficult to get honest answers from management. Extremely high turnover. They say that work is from 8:00-5:00, but that is a lie. You typically work from 7:30-6:30 or later, and will end up working one of your weekend days.

Rapid72014-05-18

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 12 reviews