Ralph Lauren Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated May 4, 2020

3.6
Ralph Lauren CEO Patrice Louvet
Patrice Louvet
Cons

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Sales"

I worked at Ralph Lauren

Pros

Great work life balance and friendly staff.

Cons

Not enough room for growth

Ralph Lauren2018-01-30

February 1, 2018Employer Brand Manager

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review for Ralph Lauren, and for your support of our growing effort of giving employees opportunities to lead a balanced life!

"RL behind the scenes"

Former Employee - Associate Manager in New York, NY

I worked at Ralph Lauren full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Employee discounts are very generous. Met some great colleagues. Learned a lot in my role and lots of classes available for self growth.

Cons

Little room for career growth, moving up in title and salary. No matter how hard you work or prioritize your job. Which goes hand in hand with work life balance. There was none. The “Way forward” was all talk and sounded ideal but no progress really was made. Too many of upper management are old timers with their set ways. Working from home was stressful as VP was not used to this way of working. Constantly checked in via IM to make sure we were at our computers all day.

Ralph Lauren2020-05-04

May 26, 2020Coordinator, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your feedback! We encourage internal mobility at Ralph Lauren and give our employees the tools and resources to explore different career options.

3. "Be the Brand!"

Current Employee - Director in New York, NY

I have been working at Ralph Lauren full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

- flex place - work/life balance

Cons

- inadequate training for managers - not much control over your career path

Ralph Lauren2020-03-05

March 30, 2020Coordinator, Talent Acquisition Programs

So great to hear you have utilized our Flexible Work Arrangement benefits. As for your career path our Navigating Your Career workshop is a great opportunity for preparing you for internal mobility!

4. "Overall experience was memorable and positive"

Former Employee - General Manager in New York, NY

I worked at Ralph Lauren full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

brand recognition, great training & support resources, opportunity for advancement, good benefits

Cons

difficult work/life balance, frequent leadership changes

Ralph Lauren2020-01-27

January 30, 2020Coordinator, Talent Acquisition Programs

Thank you for taking the time to write a review! We understand retail does come with its challenges, but we appreciate that you acknowledge and take advantage of our benefits program.

5. "Great Company"

Former Employee - Vice President in New York, NY

I worked at Ralph Lauren full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Dynamic, interesting, global, capable, smart, work-life balance

Cons

Sometimes hard to navigate the various departments.

Ralph Lauren2020-01-23

January 27, 2020Coordinator, Talent Acquisition Programs

Thank you for your time with us at Ralph Lauren we appreciate you writing a review!

6. "Best work life balance"

5.0
    Current Employee - Account Executive in New York, NY

I have been working at Ralph Lauren full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Flex Time assists with maintaining work/life balance - Enthusiastic and Supportive Management - Core Values - Encouragement for internal growth - Employee Discounts

Cons

- Location move to downtown

Ralph Lauren2019-11-17

November 22, 2019Employer Brand Manager

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review! We appreciate your call-outs of the programs and perks we have to offer our people, we strive to ensure work/life balance needs are met and our people feel fulfilled. We love having you as a part of our family!

7. "Great work life balance"

5.0
    Current Employee - Brand Manager

I have been working at Ralph Lauren full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great work life balance, love working here.

Cons

Nothing, even though it pays less than other industries it has plenty of other pros.

Ralph Lauren2019-11-12

November 15, 2019Employer Brand Manager

Thank you for your review and your support of the brand, we appreciate you!

"Avoid factory stores at all costs."

1.0
    Former Employee - Associate Manager
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Ralph Lauren full-time for less than a year

Pros

Product discounts and the team you build.

Cons

Zero work life balance. The factory division of the company is the most profitable branch of the brand offering very generous discounts to its employees and customers. The quality of the product is far below what you would expect from a company with the power and name recognition of Ralph Lauren. From the get go it was apparent the company is highly unorganized and not efficient when it comes to management training or overall operations of their stores. Each store is run differently based of the management style of the GM. Some are stronger than others but in most cases all of the stores managers are EXTREMELY overworked. It was very common to work 7 to 12 day stretches with 10+ hour work days because of how heavy the workload could be. On multiple, if not the majority of occasions, I would not be able to take a lunch due to conference calls, heavy workload tasks, or limited payroll for part time associates. Be prepared to be on call 24/7, even if your are using your PTO. It was common for my shift to end only to be on the phone with my General manager for hours at a time discussing how to tackle all the tasks sent through corporate with very little time frames for completion. On countless occasions I would need to step out from spending the rare time I got with friends or family to take a call from my store. This put a huge strain in my personal life and my relationship with my partner. Requests off were typically met with a lot of push back because the business will always come first. Making it very hard to use PTO for vacations. In my experience I was told when I could use my PTO, not allowing me to plan time off with my loved ones, or plan something that would work with their schedules. I would have plan something for the week off the GM approved for me. My schedule would be changed almost weekly without warning, typically altering days off which made it extremely hard to plan anything. If you happen to be a salaried employee like I was and you pushed back you were told “this is expected of salaried employees.” You will have to cancel any appointments you may have had at the drop of a hat, check you schedule for you next day off and hope it wouldn’t change. Burnout in the company is extremely high and manager dropout is a consistent problem across the outlet division. Expect your stress levels to rise as there is always an “emergency” that needs to be tackled almost every work day. The company culture seems to revolve around chaos even at the corporate levels. You quickly realize you are a number and not valued as a person in this company. Be cautious if you are interested in joining this company on the outlet side. It will drain you physically, emotionally, and pull you away from loved ones. I know not everyone’s experience will be the same but my experience may offer some insight to the day to day of working in Polo Factory Stores.

Ralph Lauren2019-11-07

November 8, 2019Employer Brand Manager

Thank you for your feedback, we will be taking it to the appropriate teams.

9. "Enjoyed my time here"

Former Employee - Senior Director in New York, NY

I worked at Ralph Lauren full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Learn a lot. Ability to move up.

Cons

Work life balance difficult to maintain

Ralph Lauren2019-08-16

August 22, 2019Employer Brand Manager

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review of your time at Ralph Lauren! We hope you were able to utilize our newly-implemented flexible work arrangements to your advantage to help with work-life balance.

"Great people, poor culture."

2.0
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Ralph Lauren full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great learning environment to take experience with you to another Brand.

Cons

Poor communication within corporate itself and the stores. Generally not setup for success with payroll: no funding for shipment, floorsets, training, onboarding, or anything really. Job requirements demand the work of 2-3 people for every one person staffed, and barely have the payroll even then. The Culture doesn’t care about its people. No work life balance at all.

Ralph Lauren2019-08-15

August 15, 2019Employer Brand Manager

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review of your time at Ralph Lauren, we will be bringing your feedback to the appropriate teams.

Found 129 reviews