What people are saying about Rakuten
Got a burning question about Rakuten? Just ask!
On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Rakuten employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Nice people to work with" (in 144 reviews)
- "Nothing much great to mention here apart from free food and few free biscuits in pantry." (in 137 reviews)
- "Good Work life balance and people policy" (in 121 reviews)
- "Lots to do and good culture" (in 97 reviews)
- "Good benefits including some paid lunches each week and you cant forget the In" (in 85 reviews)
- "1. Salary is low for fresh graduate (I heard that the salary of mid" (in 192 reviews)
- "low TC very top down bad management" (in 130 reviews)
- "Sometimes managers have no technical knowledge or hands on experience making technical decisions and those projects are promised to fail or become a nightmare." (in 102 reviews)
- "Low pay and con package" (in 62 reviews)
- "Lack of leadership and lot of business mistake trial and costly errors." (in 33 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Rakuten and is not affected by filters.
- Ethnic Group
- Sexual Orientation
- Parent or Family Caregiver
- Veteran Status
Found 223 of over 3K reviews
Updated Sept 28, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Reviews about "free lunch"Return to all Reviews
- 1.0Jun 14, 2014Software EngineerFormer Employee, more than 3 yearsTokyo
Free lunch and nice-ish employees I seriously don't know what else
Silly company rules that slow down every single process Lack of communication The environment is still extremely Japanese and not willing to embrace diversity. The culture is almost military-like, where everyone is expected to behave all the same, following the nonsensical work process. Departments don't communicate well with each other, resulting in you always having to explain the situations when you get contacted by multiple people from different sectors - especially in English.8