RSA Group "senior management" Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

RSA Group Employee Reviews about "senior management"

Updated Feb 18, 2019

3.1
RSA Group Chief Executive Officer Stephen Hester
Stephen Hester
Pros
  • "Overall good company to work for, good work life balance(in 41 reviews)

• "Opportunities to develop, great teams and people, good holidays and benefits, flexible working(in 26 reviews)

Cons
  • "Slow decision making, over bureaucratic at times(in 14 reviews)

• "Senior management sometimes impose things without thinking it through fully, but , certainly of late, they accept when a mistake has been made(in 12 reviews)

Reviews about "senior management"

Return to all Reviews

"Beware if you are 50 or over..(Canadian office)"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

I have been working at RSA Group full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Working from home, good benefits, gym membership, social activities, charity-driven.

Cons

Senior management doesn't care, or even bother to make themselves visible. There's a lot of talk about "doing the right thing", but if you're 50 or over, or a long term employee, prepare to have your salary red-lined or be demoted. I found out too late that loyalty means nothing...

Advice to Management

Show some interest in your long term staff - we are baby boomers who respect your authority and expertise. We look up to you for leadership. Please don't alienate us because we are over 50. We have so much to contribute.

RSA Group2013-05-17
  2. "30 Years This Year - It Must be Good or I Must be Daft!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Liverpool, England

I have been working at RSA Group full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

The company does care and it will listen, on the whole it is compassionate and empathetic, but clearly there are limits. It's a large company so I can only speak about my location in Liverpool - Colleagues are a massive part of job satisfaction and barring the odd case they are a great bunch of people to work with.

RSA Group2019-02-18

"Really bad company to start your career with - RSA Actuarial gurgaons"

Former Employee - Actuarial Analyst in Gurgaon, Haryana

I worked at RSA Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

New managers from other companies are relatively better

Cons

- Old hierarchy in the company with favoritism - Managers play the blame game to the lower level and do not take ownership of the project. - Senior management is double faced and takes the matters personally.

RSA Group2018-12-04

"No longer a positive place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Liverpool, England

I have been working at RSA Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Rsa finance continues to provide flexitime and some good benefits, opportunities exist at junior finance levels.

Cons

Culture has changed and is anti-part time, flexible working isn't really an option despite policies to the contrary. Little opportunity for progression to senior management in Liverpool.

Advice to Management

Employees no longer have faith in management due to continual cost cutting and failure to properly implement new systems. Suggest management focus on people rather than just the bottom line.

RSA Group2017-10-31

"Awful, Avoid!!!!!"

Former Employee - Accountant in Liverpool, England

I worked at RSA Group full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Close to Moorefields Station, which is handy..........

Cons

A stagnating workplace where the culture is very negative and passive aggressive behaviour is the default management style. People are generally unhappy and unfufilled. If you value your professional career and want to develop as an individual I would avoid RSA Finance. Senior management have no desire to build, create or innovate, but instead are fixated on cost cutting and overloading the staff that remain whilst personally reaping the rewards or angling for massive redundancy payouts. There is little or no investment in staff and the management is a neptistic and lacks real quality. There are still some genuinely good people left, but these are definitely in the minority.

Advice to Management

Needs a complete overhaul from top to bottom. Formulate a proper strategy. Invest in people, systems and processes. Listen to staff. Challenge and expedite change.

RSA Group2017-07-25
  6. "Lack of direction"

I worked at RSA Group full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Large MNC, Friendly work culture,

Cons

The senior management is not competent or strong enough. They are not able to take stand and decide in right direction. This is one of the primary reasons why RSA went through such difficult times in 2014-2015. Especially senior management in the Group is quite incompetent.

RSA Group2017-06-01
  7. "RSA insurance (UK)"

in Horsham, England

I worked at RSA Group

Pros

Great people working hard, and willing to help and wanting to do the right thing Business is getting better, starting to make a sustainable profit.

Cons

Rough working environment - very combative. Lots and lots of politics amongst senior management. Still restructuring and may be more fallout from that.

Advice to Management

Settle down and deliver on promises. Communicate the real objectives. Hold senior management to the same standards as those you hold other employees.

RSA Group2016-08-07

"Constant restructures create uncertainty"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Horsham, England

I have been working at RSA Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The money is ok and it's a fairly decent commute. On the whole it's quite a friendly place to work. I think they are working on improving their systems and processes.

Cons

Have witnessed (but thankfully not experienced directly) workplace bullying in the past which was never dealt with as far as I'm aware. The constant structure changes give the impression that the senior management don't really know what they're doing and it creates a lot of uncertainty. They enjoy moving people around, which isn't necessarily a good thing if you enjoy your role and working with your team and then you're moved into another team doing a different role, which you have no choice about if you want to keep your job! Very antiquated clunky systems, stuck in the dark ages.

Advice to Management

Bring this company into the 21st Century!

RSA Group2016-03-25

"Working with RSA"

Current Employee - Analyst in New Delhi

I have been working at RSA Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Work culture is superb and actuarial work is great. Must experience working in the fast growing business like this.

Cons

The uncertain environment is causing people to leave the company. Senior management must look into it.

Advice to Management

Seniors should try to understand the employees better and have more one on ones.

RSA Group2015-10-22

"RSA Not What It Used to Be"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Horsham, England

I have been working at RSA Group full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Plenty of work as they continue to reduce headcount.

Cons

RSA no longer treats its employees as well as it used to poorer pension and redundancy packages, its bonus system is not fare and is asked in favour of senior management

Advice to Management

You like to say treat the customer fairly but how about treating your workers fairly.

RSA Group2015-06-27