Qatar Airways Employee Reviews about "doha"

Updated Nov 12, 2020

3.9
Qatar Airways CEO Akbar Al Baker
Akbar Al Baker
Pros
  • "Good salary package and professional(in 78 reviews)

• "Great pro are travel benefits and working in a multicultural environment(in 59 reviews)

Cons
  • "Dusty weather,hot in summer doha(in 43 reviews)

• "Curfew for cabin Crew, nothing else(in 32 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "doha"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Experience"

I worked at Qatar Airways full-time

Pros

Diversified workforce Progression in career level Huge organization Multicultural

Cons

Challenging Based in Doha Stressful Detailed Management

2. COVID-19

"Good start. Will never regret"

4.0
    • Diversity & Inclusion
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Wrocław
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Qatar Airways full-time for less than a year

Pros

Big player on the market, great airline, cultural diversity, good school for life (army), continuous trainings, amazing people around. Teach you how to work under tremendous pressure, cope with unpleasant people, do when you don’t want to.

Cons

Weak management, centralization of power in Doha, no financial benefits, strict time for breaks and toilet breaks, too much pressure from “local heads” in quality team, huge work load during corona and lack of appreciation, no talents management.

3. "Benifits Review"

• Diversity & Inclusion
    Current Employee - Solutions Architect in Doha

I have been working at Qatar Airways full-time

Pros

Disounted tickets, family and friends travel free

Cons

Dusty weather,hot in summer doha

4. "Not for the faint of heart"

2.0
    Former Employee - Manager in Doha
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Qatar Airways full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Flight benefits, company provided housing, strong global brand, diverse work culture with many nationalities, English is the office language, good international experience, easy to be promoted if you start as a Manager or higher because of the high turnover

Cons

No raises unless promoted, constant change in senior leadership (below CEO), feels more like a dictatorship than a business internally, private health insurance only covers cost of operations within Qatar (eg, if you have medical treatment in Germany and it is more expensive than in Qatar, insurance will only reimburse the amount the operation would cost in Qatar), fear culture, bad leadership, lack of vision, terrible IT department, high turnover, hot Doha summers, only 30min break each day

Continue reading
  5. "Challenge yourself with Qatar Airways"

Former Employee - Flight Attendant in Doha

I worked at Qatar Airways full-time for less than a year

Pros

Get new experience in different country, company accommodations

Cons

A lot starting with curfews ending with expensive food and everything in Doha

6. COVID-19

"Golden cage"

2.0
    Former Employee - Cabin Crew in Doha

I worked at Qatar Airways full-time

Pros

Travel the world Health insurance No rent fees Good salary Discounts in Doha

Cons

Crew limits and rules as : Curfew Minimum rest No visitors allowed during corona time and not allowed after 10pm in normal time Crazy schedules No private life Cabin crew are considered by the high management like slaves. If you report sick, if you do mistakes, if you are tired they will not help you. The policy of the airline is to report each others. You will feel the pressure all the time while you will be working. Most of the people in this company are scared to talk about what is really going on. We are trained to shut our mouths and obey like sheeps. Crew are the ones who are holding the airline and they are treated like garbage. The rules and restrictions they can create against cabin crew are limitless. The last one was to create a curfew at 9pm . We were 3000 crew made redundant and how they treated us is a shame. They took our passport and kept it for months without telling us when we will be able to be sent back home. This is against basic humans rights.

Continue reading

"Good experience to build on the career"

Former Contractor - Flight Attendant in Doha

I worked at Qatar Airways for more than 3 years

Pros

Salary is high. Free accommodation, water and electricity. Worldwide destinations we get to go. Hotels are in 4-5 star quality. Easy to make friends from all over the world if you are young as all the collegues are relatively young. Discount tickets for Qatar Airways are unlimited. Other airline tickets are also under discount. 5-star airline, good for career development.

Cons

We have to live in Doha. Strict accommodation rules including curfew (2-7 am) and visitor's check (opposite gender is not allowed to visit after 10 pm.). Unfair management (possibility of termination for no reasons)

8. "Excellent company"

Current Employee - Sales Assistant in Doha

I have been working at Qatar Airways part-time for more than a year

Pros

Excellent care of employee, structured organization, truly a 5 star company.

Cons

Pressure, Job security, Roster Shifts, Warm Weather of Doha

9. "It is worth trying and making the best out of it"

4.0
    Former Employee - Computer Resource Manager I in Doha

I worked at Qatar Airways full-time for more than a year

Pros

Layovers, high salary, free furnished accomodation, seeing the world, excellent medical insurance, chances of promotion, full time permanent employment, discounted air travel, good life in Doha

Cons

Health hazards cause of excessive workload and fatigue (too many flying hours per month)

Continue reading

"Great experience working for Qatar Airways"

Former Employee - Cabin Crew in Doha

I worked at Qatar Airways full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

It is a great airline to work in, with a good salary, accomodation, mostly of medical expenses paid by the insurance that they have a contract with, you get to travel to a lot of countries and different destinations and get to learn a lot about customer service.

Cons

You will have to live in Doha/Qatar and probably means far away from family and home country.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 61 English Reviews