QIAGEN Sales Specialist Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

QIAGEN CEO Thierry Bernard
Thierry Bernard
  1. "Sales Specialist"

Former Employee - Sales Specialist in Toronto, ON

I worked at QIAGEN full-time for more than a year

Pros

my boss was awesome and made my time over there very enjoyable , the products were the best and I had the best colleagues. teamwork is a core value.

Cons

Have a very hard time understanding the Canadian market. We presented over and over again what made the Canadian maker unique but they were trying to assimilate us to the US maket...

Advice to Management

Adapt! Look at the potential for growth, give it time and success will come. Canada is not the 51th US state. It is a country with it's own culture and traditions.

QIAGEN2016-08-03
  2. "A truly innovative company with a unique Culture and an Outstanding Leadership Style"

Current Employee - Inside Sales Specialist in Manchester, England

I have been working at QIAGEN full-time for less than a year

Pros

QIAGEN is culturally diverse, highly dynamic and provides great benefits (i.e. Private Dental, Healthcare, Fitness contributions etc..). Besides, it provides excellent flexibility for their employees to work from home, which significantly reduces any type of additional stress. Being part of QIAGEN is similar to being part of a big family, thus, to succeed here you must be willing to be a team player. Furthermore,... QIAGEN is a highly meritocratic company, with a leadership management structure which promotes free-thinking across all corporate level. Don't be afraid to be creative!

Cons

I've been with the company for only 6 months now. None to report at the present time.

Advice to Management

Perhaps, review the real meaning behind what a "Specialist" role title really represents...

QIAGEN2019-09-30

"Wants to be molecular diagnostics company but does not have the vision to lead."

Former Employee - Senior Sales Specialist in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at QIAGEN full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Good products that are well respected within the marketplace. Customer loyalty was strong for most legacy products. My management, while not there any longer, was very good.

Cons

Innovation is lacking as most "new" products are "me too" products and never 1st to market and then 2-4 years behind the market leader. They are resting on their laurels as many new products are just a reconfiguration of an existing kit with a new, more specific protocol that has existed for some time.

Advice to Management

Get back to leading instead of reacting. Try looking into the future and give your sales force a cutting edge, first to market product. Give marketing more help as QIAGEN marketing is light years behind market leaders like Life Tech and Bio-Rad.

QIAGEN2013-09-15
  4. "Good products and good people"

Current Employee - Sales Specialist in Taipei

I have been working at QIAGEN full-time for more than a year

Pros

QIAGEN have good products, all kinds of product line can fit lots of customers. The people here are very nice.

Cons

Don't have a focus product line or a powerful core technology. Not good combination with in new and old product.

QIAGEN2013-01-24
  5. "Presales support of products. There are at 6 different specialist groups withing the organization."

Sales Specialist

I have been working at QIAGEN

Pros

Ability to work very independently

Cons

Job has very heavy travel requirements.

Advice to Management

The organization from a sales perspective is too lean. Add more personnel. The European model does not work in the US.

QIAGEN2009-07-06