Pure Romance Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Pure Romance Reviews

Updated Sep 18, 2019

3.9
Pure Romance CEO Chris Cicchinelli (no image)
Chris Cicchinelli
Pros
  • "In the Oregon market anyway, I feel like there is a sisterhood, I've had women offer to help me not in my upline many times, one allowed me to shadow(in 16 reviews)

• "All the money you make depends on how hard you want to work(in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • "As with any business you are trying to start up, it takes money to make money(in 12 reviews)

• "Also, potential ones who don't ask the sponsor questions before signing on(in 6 reviews)

1. "National Director"

Current Employee - Independent Consultant in Sun Peaks, BC

I have been working at Pure Romance full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

This company is spectacular. They are cutting edge when it comes to technology and the income is unlimited! The training is supplied and on point. The network of women to help is amazing!

Cons

You must be motivated to work to do this job. you get out what you put in

Pure Romance2016-07-11

"You can really make money You get to get stuff at a big discount and can pass that to customers"

Current Employee - Consultant in Delta, BC

I have been working at Pure Romance part-time

Pros

You get what you put in to it :) and on your own time

Cons

You get what you put in to it not a con unless. You don’t want to work.Some of the girls that are at the top here are very rub in your face they do so well I’m sure if you work in the company here you know who it is and so much of not letting the up and coming get in to events

Advice to Management

Love the incentives but would love more smaller ones

Pure Romance2018-02-25

"Insane shipping costs"

Consultant in Fredericton, NB

I worked at Pure Romance

Pros

The kit was a great start off point. It had lots of options.

Cons

The Shipping costs are insane! It is the biggest deterrent from people making orders on line. This makes it impossible for consultants to make money. $42 to start and going up from there. Also they send you the cheaper toys, so if you want a sample of the nicer toys you pay out of pocket.

Advice to Management

UPS is outrageous, use Canada Post in Canada if you care at all about consultants making any money.

Pure Romance2016-08-26
  4. "Why wouldn't you?"

Current Employee - Advanced Consultant in Meriden, CT

I have been working at Pure Romance part-time for more than a year

Pros

Flexible schedule, work as much or as little as you want, amazing products, smallest "required" sales I've ever dealt with, amazing corporation to work with.

Cons

People who don't want to do any work that want to bash what we do, oh well. How can one expect to do nothing and bring home tons of money?

Advice to Management

keep doing what you are doing, you make training beyond affordable and never fail to answer a question when asked!

Pure Romance2019-09-18
  5. "its fine"

I have been working at Pure Romance full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

lots of overtime with quality workers

Cons

don't know when you'll leave

Pure Romance2019-08-20

"PR is a great opportunity if you can afford start up costs."

Former Employee - Former Advanced Consultant in Fayetteville, AR

I worked at Pure Romance part-time for less than a year

Pros

These are great products. I highly recommend them.

Cons

The selling goal is old-school. I, for one, am an avid Amazon Prime shopper. PR still promotes parties, parties parties. No one really does the in-house party gig these days. It reminds me of an Amway meeting someone took me to when I was around 3. PR should start focusing more on online parties and slowly move away from the inconvenience of using someone's home to host. They are already starting this with... the various online parties on Facebook. Consulting is great if you have other monetary support other than your own . Most of the consultants I know are married to men who can afford for their wife to stay home. As with any business you are trying to start up, it takes money to make money. Unless you already have money or you have a partner that makes enough to compensate, it's a great gig. Because what's left of the pay check from your job, after you pay your bills, will be for inventory (especially in the beginning). And the perks and great discounts are only for the Director's, etc.

Advice to Management

Research current sales techniques including clothing styles. The dress code required for consultants for parties is outdated. House parties are outdated as well. People are more willing to purchase something if they are not thinking about somewhere else they should be or what's happening in their own home. Read the reviews by consultants noting the difficulty of holding in-home parties. Also, it's 2019, while... I was in PR, I felt like it was a "homophobic" environment. I completely understand that no men should attend parties that are hosted in someone's home, however, I don't understand the reason that LGBT people cannot attend. You should be trying to build your market, clientele, not snuffing out people that are not straight.

Pure Romance2019-05-08

"If you're lazy & want instant $$ keep scrolling."

Current Employee - Associate Director in Red Oak, IA

I have been working at Pure Romance full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The buying discount for consultants beats all. I saw a review saying Avons commission is 50%....try UP TO 50% based on the size of your order. At Pure Romance, the lowest buying discount is 40% no matter the size of your order. I have been with the company over 7 years & I've made killer income! And I only do about 4 parties a month. Yea- some companies offer the ONLINE PARTY option, but we at Pure Romance feel... that making a personal connection with our clients is VERY important- more important than seeing how much money they'll throw at us. I personally with ANY kind of product, want to see it in person, feel it, taste it, etc before I spend my hard earned money. That's what we do! We also change lives, offer the business opportunity, & help save relationships! Also the fact that PR consultants are NOT OVER SATURATED. There are only 30,000 of us worldwide!!

Cons

Cost of shipping for consultants is a bit high. Having to carry so much inventory...(have to purchase up front -tho buying discount is amazing). Women are most definitely INSTANT GRATIFICATION, so when you're stocked up, your sales are most definitely higher!

Advice to Management

Stop overlooking your small hitters. Recognition is awesome for those ladies that are killing it with 100s of thousands in sales, but there's nothing for us gals consistently doing $40,000/year.

Pure Romance2019-05-08
  8. "Love It!"

Current Employee - Consultant

I have been working at Pure Romance part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

great work life balance always

Cons

Getting people to commit party

Pure Romance2019-03-17

"A real full-time employee (not a consultant) review"

I have been working at Pure Romance full-time

Pros

This place is tough; real tough. The CEO forces you to be your best and that’s probably why there are some negative reviews from former employees out there. If you can't stand the heat then you'll fail. Yes, a tough place IS a 'Pro'. I've learnt so much since I've been here it makes my head spin. Hours can be long, PTO can sometimes be hit or miss. But I for one have grown more in the last few years while working... for PR that anywhere else over the last 20 years. The ex-employees who’ve posted negative reviews here on Glassdoor I feel never got that; those people who've left under bad terms did so due to their own fault. If you're not prepared to give this job your all, then you'll fail AND you'll hate working here. Usual perks (Free coffee, soda and snacks) + a gym and access to a trainer help alleviate the stress. Free parking (downtown parking free - How rare is that?) also makes this a great location to work in. CLC (the CEO) is a hard task-master - of that there is no argument (including from him), but would you rather have a CEO who’s a wimp who will let you slack, or a driven CEO who demands you be just as driven? I know who I'd rather. On occasions, working at PR can be exhausting, on others it can be infuriating. But most of all it’s wonderfully rewarding. At the end of the day, once you remember that we have two bosses - CLC AND the consultants, then it all makes sense. Knowing that what we do helps so many ladies out there become masters of their own destinies, then pushing hard for them makes it so much more worthwhile. CLC is a passionate man – it’s obvious he cares about the consultants but he also cares about the employees as well. He may not show it always but when you listen to him speak from the heart, it comes out.

Cons

The almost ADHD type environment can drag sometimes; it makes it hard to prioritize. However it is slowly getting better.

Advice to Management

Try and stick to some long term targets and not pivot hard in an opposing direction so often. Set up some policies and stick to them like glue - your employees will appreciate that little bit of stability!

Pure Romance2018-11-17
  10. "Grow and Go!"

Current Employee - Advanced Consultant in Norcross, GA

I have been working at Pure Romance full-time for more than a year

Pros

You can make a decent living if you put in the work (as with with everything worth having) you meet new people and you have fun doing it! If you are motivated and belive in what you are selling, then this will be the best opportunity ever! There are programs in place to assist you with building inventory. You just got to want it.

Cons

you have to stay motivated.

Advice to Management

the only advice i would have is it would be nice to have a grace period with the invetory programs. But they are soooooooo helpful to growing your business.

Pure Romance2018-10-28