Prodigy Game Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Updated Aug 21, 2019

Found 56 reviews

4.5
Alex Peters & Rohan Mahimker
Pros
  • "Plus a great Health and Learning fund(in 10 reviews)

• "Prodigy is high growth in every sense of the word(in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • "Comparative to other offerings in the job market (especially on the game side), Prodigy is an incredible place to work(in 7 reviews)

• "Burlington itself, a car might be the best option for transit)(in 3 reviews)

1. "Prodigy Game: Helping all Students around the world to love Education, and Loving work while doing it!"

Current Employee - Teacher Success Specialist in Burlington, ON

I have been working at Prodigy Game full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Amazing Culture - Wonderful People - TONS of room for growth and opportunity - Flexible Work hours - Incredible Benefits - Gym & Learning Funds - Stock Options - Super Smash Bros!! - Fantastic mentors & leadership

Cons

There's not really anything negative I've ever experienced in my 10 months at Prodigy. This job really is an absolute dream come true. The only potentially negative points would be, Fast-Paced/Big goal work environment, which can lead to high levels of stress. These shouldn't scare you away from this revolutionary company though if anything you should be excited about these things! Prodigy provides you with the tools...

Advice to Management

Thank you for being so involved, and transparent with our company direction. Both of you are an absolute inspiration for all employees at Prodigy. Please don't ever lose the sight of your core company values, since those are what truly unites us all together at Prodigy. Motivating us to achieve our company mission and to help all students around the world to love learning!

Prodigy Game2019-08-21

"Prodigy is a genuinely good company"

Current Employee - Full Stack Developer in Burlington, ON

I have been working at Prodigy Game full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Everyone at Prodigy lives and breaths our vision and truly wants to contribute towards better education for everyone - Top talent throughout - Tons of fun company events - Growth opportunities - Good, friendly people - Transparent leadership

Cons

My commute is a little long, but I plan to move closer!

Prodigy Game2019-07-08

"Nice people, but run per management book theories and with engineer mindset."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burlington, ON

I worked at Prodigy Game full-time for less than a year

Pros

Top management seems to truly care about making education fun for kids. Workplace was generally fun, with support for Agile processes.

Cons

Focus on learning from management theory books and metrics. Worried about killing the golden goose, which kept new ideas smothered under committee.

Advice to Management

Actually value and communicate with employees as creative humans, less on metrics. Talk with, not at.

Prodigy Game2019-06-18

Prodigy Game Response

June 25, 2019

Thanks for taking time to write this review and highlighting some concerns! We’re sorry to hear you feel as though new ideas don’t come to fruition at Prodigy. We’re trying to address this issue by involving those outside of senior leadership more actively in key planning ...

4. "Excellent Company With Great Values and Culture"

Current Employee - School Partnerships Manager in Burlington, ON

I have been working at Prodigy Game full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great culture Many growth opportunities Management genuinely cares about the well-being of their staff Everyone's contributions are valued Company has a great vision Hardworking employees Great social events Everyone you work with, all the way up to the CEOs, are great people Amazing focus on work/life balance Overall a great place to work for years to come

Cons

None at all to be honest.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work so far, you've established an amazing culture, keep adapting and growing!

Prodigy Game2019-05-16

Prodigy Game Response

May 26, 2019

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review! We’re thrilled to hear your experience at Prodigy has been so positive. Reading reviews like yours makes all the initiatives and daily work that Leadership, People Ops and individual team members do to instill and improve ...

"Great Job"

I have been working at Prodigy Game full-time

Pros

Work balance Give you food (snacks and even random meals here and there, also breakfast they provide) Employees are super down to earth and friendly. Everyone knows they are here to work and no need to gossiping or bad atmosphere. Management is great as well! They have good benefits and other perk (staff events).

Cons

None really. You just have to do your job, slacking off won’t help you at all.

Prodigy Game2019-04-11
  6. "The Greatest Growing Company To Work For!"

I have been working at Prodigy Game full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Lots of room to grow - Encouraging - Flex hours - Great people to work with - Great CEO's - We take great pride in who we hire - Great benefits - Lot's of room to learn

Cons

I don't have much to say here, but if I was going to give something I'd have to say: - Processes could be streamlined a bit

Advice to Management

Older managers could really learn a lot from other newer managers so reach out to them and hear their ideas. They could shed some light onto what you have been racking your brain over!

Prodigy Game2019-03-19
  7. "Quality Assurance Analyst"

Current Employee - Quality Assurance Analyst in Burlington, ON

I have been working at Prodigy Game full-time for less than a year

Pros

Flexible Hours, unlimited sick days, Work from home availability, growth & learning oriented environment, great medical plan, health fund, learning fund, free snacks and much more!

Cons

The company is growing so fast we're running out of room!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. This is an amazing company. Take care of your employees and they'll take care of you.

Prodigy Game2019-03-20
  8. "Great Culture, Fun Place to Work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burlington, ON

I have been working at Prodigy Game full-time for less than a year

Pros

There are many pros to working at Prodigy. 1. Great mission! To help enable every child in the world to love learning. It's not "make the most money" or "be the best at...", it's all about the children and helping them to love learning. Awesome! 2. The People. I have yet to run into 'that guy', and I don't think there is one here. They take their hiring process very seriously, with a technical and a cultural interview,...

Cons

Right now, because of the growth, we are spread out within the building so it makes it difficult to bond with people on different floors. But this is just a short term problem, everything else is GREAT.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work communicating and being transparent with everyone.

Prodigy Game2019-03-20

"Office Manager"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burlington, ON

I have been working at Prodigy Game full-time for less than a year

Pros

Flex hours, supportive managers and colleagues, gym and learning fund, growth opportunities. Creativity to make the job your own.

Cons

There are no cons at this time.

Prodigy Game2019-02-23
  10. "Office Manager"

Current Employee - Office Manager in Burlington, ON

I have been working at Prodigy Game full-time for less than a year

Pros

Company cares about your growth and development. Extremely helpful employees who always help one another. Lots of communication.

Cons

Have yet to see any

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing.

Prodigy Game2019-02-26