Prodigy Education Reviews

Updated Sep 24, 2021

Found 122 of over 136 reviews

4.8
Prodigy Education Co-CEOs Alex Peters & Rohan Mahimker (no image)
Alex Peters & Rohan Mahimker
Pros
  • "I was promoted within a few months of working at Prodigy and the hiring process felt very fair and well rounded(in 14 reviews)

• "Plus a great Health and Learning fund(in 11 reviews)

• Cons
  • "There's not really anything negative I've ever experienced in my 10 months at Prodigy(in 8 reviews)

• "growing pains due to fast-growing company(in 4 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year
      Featured Review

Great place to work, I love it here

Jun 28, 2021 - Agile Coach in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

Strong culture where people care about and look out for each other. There's plenty of psychological safety and it's the best learning environment I've been part of as far as companies go. I can't recommend working here highly enough.

Cons

We've grown quickly, so we have our share of growing pains. Company growth plans are also aggressive, which puts some pressure on the teams, but work-life balance is still very much valued.

2 people found this review helpful

Prodigy Education Response

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review! We are happy that you've enjoyed your time here and would highly recommend it to others :)

2. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

A fantastic place to work - brimming with passion and decent, hardworking employees.

Sep 24, 2021 - Account Executive in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

- A great product: It was a nice feeling to speak with educators everyday and hear the impact that Prodigy was making on their teaching lives and how much students loved the program. - Experienced management: I always felt supported by my Manager, and when I asked for transparency on my performance, it was exactly what I received. - Good office environment: A lot of talented individuals work at Prodigy - it was great to chat to different teams over coffee in the morning.

Cons

Very few. The subscription model made it difficult to track impact from a Sales standpoint.

3. 5.0
      Former Employee

Customer Success

Sep 20, 2021 - Customer Success Manager (CSM)
      Business Outlook

Pros

-Great company culture -Flexible hours -Great quarterly bonus

Cons

-Company has tried to improve on this but still lacks diversity

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Growing Company and Great Place to Learn

Sep 14, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

I learned more in 10 months working at Prodigy than my previous 2 roles combined. If you are willing and interested in challenging yourself you can learn a ton in a fraction of the time anywhere else. You have to be willing to put yourself out there, and take ownership.

Cons

If you are unsure of who to go to, or the next steps for a collaboration project, it can be hard and time-consuming to find the correct person. This can make things fall through the cracks or the ownership of a project falter just after launch.

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Driving a great mission!

Sep 8, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

-Mission -Culture -People focused -Open to feedback -Transparent communication -Managers who care

Cons

None, but like all companies, it isn't for everyone.

Prodigy Education Response

We’re thrilled to hear your experience at Prodigy has been so positive. Reading reviews like yours makes all the initiatives and daily work that Leadership, People Ops and individual team members do to instil and improve our culture worth it!

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great work place to be!

Sep 7, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great work culture, especially towards up levelling your skill sets and continuous improvement.

Cons

Changing priorities in feature work, thus overloading teams.

Prodigy Education Response

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are thrilled to hear that you appreciate the work culture, especially our collective Growth Mindset! In our space, we do need to move fast and pivot when needed to create a great product. This may translate to changing priorities, which can create additional work for our teams. If you are feeling like you have too much on your plate or you are getting overloaded in any way, we strongly encourage you to share this feedback with your manager and bring up any concerns. They can help to prioritize the work to ensure a sustainable workload for you and the team. If you’d like to expand on this feedback, you’re more than welcome to follow up with Sarah-Jayne Lehtinen, VP People Ops or Tracey Fitzpatrick, Director Employee Growth & Development.

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Fantastic company with many growth opportunities

Aug 30, 2021 - Product Designer in Oakville, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

Fantastic place to work with frameworks in place to ensure you are continuing to progress in your career. A lot of growth as a company right now so lots of opportunities to expand into different areas if you desire.

Cons

Nothing significant in my experience

Prodigy Education Response

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review! We are so happy to hear that you have enjoyed your experience at Prodigy, particularly related to growth opportunities.

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great company, opportunities to learn and grow, excellent talent within the organization

Aug 29, 2021 - Data Analyst in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

Company culture is great within the organization. Lots of autonomy on projects, challenging and engaging work, great tools / tech and the talent on the team has been unmatched compared to previous companies I’ve worked for. I really enjoy how team members are genuine in helping each other learn and develop; they also make time to review each other’s work for valuable feedback. The benefits are great with a monthly learning and fitness fund, PTO and good base salary. Health care benefits start from day 1 and you don’t have to contribute at all, which is unheard of in any of my previous companies!

Cons

I think a higher base addresses this in some way but matching RRSP would round out the total comp package. I do observe many meetings but teams often gather feedback on whether or not the participants find value in them, which is nice because they are constantly seeking to understand which meetings are necessary and adjust. Overall as an organization, though, it’s well operated, managed and treats its employees really well. It’s a high-performing org and brings out the best in its employees.

Prodigy Education Response

Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts! It’s great to know you’re thriving in the work environment here and enjoy the work you are doing with your team members. Getting feedback like yours makes all the work we put into maintaining and improving the employee experience feel worth it and super rewarding. We appreciate your feedback regarding compensation. We consistently review our Total Rewards package to ensure we maintain market competitiveness and are paying employees in a way that motivates and excites them about their work. Stay tuned - we will be announcing updates to our Total Rewards offering for 2022 in November! We encourage you to connect with SJ Lehtinen, VP People or Audrey Wang, Compensation Manager if you would like to share more feedback on our total rewards strategy.

9. 5.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Great place to work and grow your skills

Aug 24, 2021 - Community Marketing Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Smart coworkers who push you to bring your best self to work - Fun and challenging work packages to handle - Autonomy of work - Work perks (free snacks, coffee, happy hours on Friday afternoons)

Cons

- Must like a start-up environment, although they've grown a lot since my time with them and therefore this comment may not be as relevant as it once was

Prodigy Education Response

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review! We're glad that you enjoyed working with us :)

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great place to work!!

Aug 23, 2021 - Customer Success Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing culture, total transparency. Snack Gym and learning teamwork Safe environment physically mentally and emotionally

Cons

Growing company with a big mission so work can be very fast-paced.

Prodigy Education Response

Thanks for sharing! We're happy to see you've enjoyed the last 3-4 years!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 122 Reviews