Found 135 of over 2K reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "3. Bad management infact they do not know to manage at all. 4. No employee importance." (in 74 reviews)
- "There is no training and you are literally thrown into the fire and nobody helps you." (in 35 reviews)
- "2.Controlled Environment , you manager will decide when you will go for tea or lunch or break." (in 31 reviews)
- "Old technology practices and systems that are dead weight in modernization" (in 19 reviews)
- "management has gotten weaker and weaker, while upper management has become more focused on moving the stock price." (in 13 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Principal Financial Group and is not affected by filters.
Reviews about "life balance good"Return to all Reviews
- 3.0Feb 22, 2019Assistant DirectorFormer Employee, more than 10 yearsDes Moines, IA
Define Benefit plan was a nice plus. Good work life balance was good.
Management can be very over bearing. Change is driven from the top down. If you are creative this may not be the company for you. They are slow to market with products and they end up chasing the competition. Their products are expensive and the competition has caught them and passed them. They are trying to catch up but they are not doing well right now and looking for cost savings. Unfortunately that is going to come at the cost of employees.
- 5.0Oct 25, 2023Financial Analyst IICurrent Employee, less than 1 yearDes Moines, IA
- Fair pay for midwest area - Great culture - Good work life balance depending on role - Room for advancement and mobility internally - Great internship program
- Upper management can be out of touch - RTO push - Des Moines area is not for everyonePrincipal Financial Group Response4w
Thanks for sharing your experience. We're invested in building the best possible experience for our employees and appreciate your feedback as it helps us to grow and improve.
- 5.0May 7, 2023Consultant - CyberSecurityCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsPune
1) Employee Friendly policies. 2) Good Work Life balance 3) Permanent WFH
Nothing as such. Everything is fine.
- 3.0Jun 24, 2010IT Analyst SeniorCurrent EmployeeDes Moines, IA
Flexible work schedules for non call center employees. Flat organizational structure in IT gives everyone a voice. Benefits have been recently cut but would still rate them as slightly above average. The people you work with are generally smart, nice, and fun to work with. On site fitness centers.
Flat organizational structure in IT limits advancement opportunities at a point just below management level. At that point, your career becomes a job. Heavy process in some IT units limits productivity. In some areas a lot of red tape needs to be cut to get things done. There are priority committees for the priority committees that then need to talk to priority committees at the organization level. Salary is below average in the Des Moines market. Company tries to make up for it wih flexible schedules and offerring a good work/life balance . However, if you spend your time working on dashboard projects you may find it hard to maintain a work/life blance.2