Primerica Reviews in Canada | Glassdoor.ca

Canada

4.5
Glen Williams

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Excellent training, unlimited income potential" (in 53 reviews)

• "Started part-time as a teacher / coach" (in 62 reviews)

Cons
  • "Commission-based only as a start" (in 43 reviews)

• "Primerica is too much of a multi-level marketing business" (in 19 reviews)

1. "RVP"

Current Employee - RVP in Brantford, ON
    Current Employee - RVP in Brantford, ON

I have been working at Primerica full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Primerica is a great company to work within. Anyone who says it's a scam says so because they quit. If you listen to them you are letting them control and affect a great opportunity that you will miss out on and you won't be able to help families with all the great products we offer. If these people who slam Primerica had a credible voice they wouldn't be slamming a company that does nothing but good for our clients. if you read a bad review it's either someone who quit or someone who has never seen what we do to help the middle income family. Forbes magazine voted us one of the most trustworthy financial companies ..so I suppose Forbes magazine is a scam also?
    Billions of dollars handled by this company ..same as a large bank. Better returns on investments for clients ..amazing life insurance ..it's a company that is putting right the incredibly horrible whole life policy that rips people off ..I could go on and on about all the great things this company is on a crusade to right many wrongs that have been happening to people for generations in the banking industry and investing and insurance. PRIMERICA is not a scam it is not a pyramid scheme..it works like a brokerage ..clearly people who believe it's either have no idea how a business system works ..and frankly if you want to listen to bad reviews that's your perogative ..it won't stop this company from changing lives every single day..our reps their families and their clients ..I'm so proud to be a part of this great company.

Cons

You have to deal with people . Which is a pro and a con...and you have to deal with uneducated people calling it a scam ..people who can't have success here can't have success anywhere because they are quitters...it's a great opportunity to help others and to build an amazing career..I am blessed to have found this company .

Advice to Management

Primerica ..you are the future of financial services and I am proud to be a part of this great company !!

"Branch Manager"

Current Employee - Branch Manager in Hamilton, ON
    Current Employee - Branch Manager in Hamilton, ON

I have been working at Primerica full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The company is part of the Financial Service Industry. Financial Service industry is one of the largest most profitable industries in the world.

Having education and experience in the financial services, it is rewarding working with clients and other company partnerships.

Unlimited amount of income, like any other business. Primerica helps reps be in business for themselves but not by themselves.

Listed on the NYSE, under the symbol (PRI), you can get ownership of the company with bonuses that are paid.

Best company to get licensed by for the LLQP or Mutual Fund licese. State of the art licensing program that helps reps succeed.

Cons

Anyone who is new to the financial service industry, has to become licensed. This turns some people off who are not willing to self develop.

The licensing program contains tests that some may not be able to achieve.

This is a business model, not a job. Anyone looking to work 9-5 should look elsewhere from finance not just Primerica. Most financial service companies positions are commission based.

Commission is beneficial to the financial service industry, because as your clients grow, so does your income. In finances the only way to grow a book of business is to get good results for your clients. The more money means the more you helped people out.

Advice to Management

Every office is independent owned and operated. Primerica is a brokerage model and experiences may vary from office to office.

Do not paint all the offices with the same brush.

"District Leader"

Current Employee - District Leader in Hamilton, ON
    Current Employee - District Leader in Hamilton, ON

I have been working at Primerica full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- People are investing in you. The support system in Primerica is 100x better then anywhere else I have worked. Your team will teach you all you need to know to succeed.
    - You make your own schedule. This was very important to me, as I was working 70 hours a week, and still not making the money I needed to before I started working with Primerica.
    - You determine your income. You get paid for the work you do. Great part time income, with no quotas.
    - Outgoing, uplifting environment.
    - Learn about finances, so you don't get taken advantage of.

Cons

- It does take work, anything that is worth it does. I really see this as a pro, if you have a good work ethic it is impossible to fail.

"Primerica helps middle income families with financial planning to retire"

Current Employee - Production Supervisor in Brantford, ON
    Current Employee - Production Supervisor in Brantford, ON

I have been working at Primerica part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people to work with, lots of support from Primerica head office. They pay for all your education! Primerica helps you achieve your dreams, whether they are large 6 figure dreams or just part time income dreams. The only way you don't succeed in Primerica is because you did not try hard enough. Primerica will support you with videos for training, help you help people become financially independent. Nothing is more rewarding then showing people how to retire with enough money to enjoy their retirement. You can make as much money as you want or as little as you want. You can start your own business and watch it grow! The possibilities are only limited to your desire to succeed!

Cons

There are not downsides. If you don't succeed it wasn't because of Primerica, it was your poor aditiued and unwillingness to learn.

5. "Life on My Terms"

Current Employee - Divisional Sales Manager in Hamilton, ON
    Current Employee - Divisional Sales Manager in Hamilton, ON

I have been working at Primerica part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have been part-time in Primerica for almost 6 years. I love that I can work around my kids' school schedule, make good money when I do work and have such a positive impact on the families I work with. Primerica is a company of integrity. with great products and great financial education for families. For everyone wondering if Primerica is a scam, just Google "Primerica Forbes Top 50" and you will see an article by Forbes listing Primerica as one of the Top 50 Most Trustworthy Financial Companies in North America. I am pretty sure Forbes Magazine would have figured it out if Primerica was a scam.

Cons

It's not for everyone. You have to be willing to change from an employee to an entrepreneurial mindset. Earning a wage vs earning commissions is a different way of working. I love that Primerica lets you work your own hours part-time, this is perfect for me and I have built a big enough business that I make money every month without having to work too hard at it. When I started I was hungry to change and grow, so that helped me a lot. Working with people and being an entrepreneur required personal development, which you don't always have to do at a wage-earning job. You decide how much you grow, which also decides how much you make. Commission earners are some of the wealthiest people in the world. They are also the hungriest to keep learning and improving. If you are hungrry to grow, then you should take a look at Primerica.

Advice to Management

Thank you for building a great company!

"Best Business Opportunity in North America"

Current Employee - Future RVP in Toronto, ON
    Current Employee - Future RVP in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Primerica full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Where else can the average person find the opportunity to build an massive, passive income-producing legacy, for such a low cost?
    People from all walks of life truly have the chance to live the American Dream.

Primerica truly pushes people to be the best version of themselves.
    Probably the toughest line of work, outside of parenthood, but totally worth it.

There is absolute NO discrimination on any level.
    Positive, results-oriented work environment.

EVERYONE has the opportunity to BE SOMEBODY.
    You just have to work for it... and DON'T QUIT!

Cons

New recruits may often be under-informed on our business model and ideology, and therefore are left unprotected from rival companies, especially those more well-versed.

Primerica is for everyone, but not everyone may be for Primerica.
    There may be a significant shift in mindset required to really find long-term success in Primerica.

"Not easy but worth it."

Current Employee - Regional Leader in Waterloo, ON
    Current Employee - Regional Leader in Waterloo, ON

I have been working at Primerica full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Controlling my own schedule and income.

Cons

It's not easy. I wouldn't recommend for people who give up on their goals easily.

Advice to Management

The management of Primerica is constantly surpassing my expectations.

"Primerica is Direct Selling or Multilevel Marketing!"

Former Freelancer - Down Liner Business in North York, ON
    Former Freelancer - Down Liner Business in North York, ON

I worked at Primerica (More than a year)

Pros

In Primerica, You will be trained as a big liar and big dreamer.

Cons

Your families and friends will be the victims of their business, and you are their slave.

Advice to Management

Stop your Scam Primerica's Job fair, this is totally suck

"Great Business Opportunity"

Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Toronto, ON
    Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Primerica full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This company truly gives the average Joe/Jane a shot at an incredible life.
    Where else can you find the opportunity to build a multi million dollar business, with an unlimited amount of readily available resources to do it, at such a low cost?
    Great way to replace income from a job, while still having freedom of time and money.

What most people pay $1000s for can be obtained here so easily. (self-improvement material, financial analyses & consults, high-level financial products)

This company was built on the attitude of gratitude, and every Primerica office is expected to have a 100% positive environment. (Home office is actually very, VERY strict on this matter)

The Home Office staff are always supportive & on the front lines willing to fight for the salesforce to get things done because the salesforce fights for the client, and the client is ALWAYS the #1 priority.

You can build an income here that will pay you & carry forward FOREVER, even long after you stop working.

Cons

A Primerica agent's ability to recruit and create distribution, while absolutely an amazing privilege, can also be taken advantage of by a representative who's looking to take shortcuts for recognition... One thing to be aware of when being prospected.

"AMAZING CREDIBLE COMPANY!"

Current Employee - District Leader in Vancouver, BC
    Current Employee - District Leader in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Primerica part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great environment, products, trainings, support, opportunity to help people solve their financial challenges , freedom, unlimited income potential!
    The more people you help the more money you make!
    We do what's right for the client 100% of the time!
    Self developement! Leadership and much more!
    For umbitious people with good hearts! System works if you work!

Cons

No flaws at all, (not 9-5 JOB)