Primerica Reviews in Canada | Glassdoor.ca

Canada

4.6
Glen Williams

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Excellent training, unlimited income potential" (in 53 reviews)

• "Started part-time as a teacher / coach" (in 63 reviews)

Cons

1. "Want a business that stands for a noble cause?"

Current Employee - Senior Sales Representative in Drummondville, QC
    Current Employee - Senior Sales Representative in Drummondville, QC

I have been working at Primerica part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Mission is fixing an injustice in the financial world. Great pay for doing what is right. No need to recruit to make money. Pushes those who want to win in life to evolve into better people.

Cons

Hard work. Deal with people constantly claiming that this NYSE rated enterprise is an MLM

Advice to Management

Keep improving.

"Positive filled environment"

Current Employee - Child Care Supervisor in Fort McMurray, AB
    Current Employee - Child Care Supervisor in Fort McMurray, AB

I have been working at Primerica part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

*Super positive environment, there are many people from all backgrounds, beliefs, ages and stages of their life.
    *If you decide to explore what it is about simply googling is not going to do it. You need to spend the $128 to take the courses. It teaches you ethics, taxes, insurances etc... It normally would cost you for the same courses in college 1200+. Even if you don't want to be apart of it the education of your own finances is worth it.
    *Not just anyone one can make it. You need to be dedicated and want it.
    *It's not a get rich quick scheme you are paid what you are worth. If you don't try or do any work you won't get paid. If you try your hardest and put your all into and are resilient you can make it.
    *You get paid 8 different ways!!! Not just one way.
    *You can properly protect the ones you love and care about.
    *You can control all of your own finances learn and grow as you go.
    *Self development. It teaches you to be positive appreciate what you have and how to be strong.
    *You can be part time and there is no risk to your current career
    *You get to travel to parts of the world you never thought you could afford or even wanted to visit.

Cons

*How ignorant people get when you ask for help for just training.
    *You have to work hard!!!
    *Realizing who your true friends and family are.

3. "RVP"

Current Employee - RVP in Brantford, ON
    Current Employee - RVP in Brantford, ON

I have been working at Primerica full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Primerica is a great company to work within. Anyone who says it's a scam says so because they quit. If you listen to them you are letting them control and affect a great opportunity that you will miss out on and you won't be able to help families with all the great products we offer. If these people who slam Primerica had a credible voice they wouldn't be slamming a company that does nothing but good for our clients. if you read a bad review it's either someone who quit or someone who has never seen what we do to help the middle income family. Forbes magazine voted us one of the most trustworthy financial companies ..so I suppose Forbes magazine is a scam also?
    Billions of dollars handled by this company ..same as a large bank. Better returns on investments for clients ..amazing life insurance ..it's a company that is putting right the incredibly horrible whole life policy that rips people off ..I could go on and on about all the great things this company is on a crusade to right many wrongs that have been happening to people for generations in the banking industry and investing and insurance. PRIMERICA is not a scam it is not a pyramid scheme..it works like a brokerage ..clearly people who believe it's either have no idea how a business system works ..and frankly if you want to listen to bad reviews that's your perogative ..it won't stop this company from changing lives every single day..our reps their families and their clients ..I'm so proud to be a part of this great company.

Cons

You have to deal with people . Which is a pro and a con...and you have to deal with uneducated people calling it a scam ..people who can't have success here can't have success anywhere because they are quitters...it's a great opportunity to help others and to build an amazing career..I am blessed to have found this company .

Advice to Management

Primerica ..you are the future of financial services and I am proud to be a part of this great company !!

"District Leader"

Current Employee - District Leader in Hamilton, ON
    Current Employee - District Leader in Hamilton, ON

I have been working at Primerica full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- People are investing in you. The support system in Primerica is 100x better then anywhere else I have worked. Your team will teach you all you need to know to succeed.
    - You make your own schedule. This was very important to me, as I was working 70 hours a week, and still not making the money I needed to before I started working with Primerica.
    - You determine your income. You get paid for the work you do. Great part time income, with no quotas.
    - Outgoing, uplifting environment.
    - Learn about finances, so you don't get taken advantage of.

Cons

- It does take work, anything that is worth it does. I really see this as a pro, if you have a good work ethic it is impossible to fail.

"Branch Manager"

Current Employee - Branch Manager in Hamilton, ON
    Current Employee - Branch Manager in Hamilton, ON

I have been working at Primerica full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The company is part of the Financial Service Industry. Financial Service industry is one of the largest most profitable industries in the world.

Having education and experience in the financial services, it is rewarding working with clients and other company partnerships.

Unlimited amount of income, like any other business. Primerica helps reps be in business for themselves but not by themselves.

Listed on the NYSE, under the symbol (PRI), you can get ownership of the company with bonuses that are paid.

Best company to get licensed by for the LLQP or Mutual Fund licese. State of the art licensing program that helps reps succeed.

Cons

Anyone who is new to the financial service industry, has to become licensed. This turns some people off who are not willing to self develop.

The licensing program contains tests that some may not be able to achieve.

This is a business model, not a job. Anyone looking to work 9-5 should look elsewhere from finance not just Primerica. Most financial service companies positions are commission based.

Commission is beneficial to the financial service industry, because as your clients grow, so does your income. In finances the only way to grow a book of business is to get good results for your clients. The more money means the more you helped people out.

Advice to Management

Every office is independent owned and operated. Primerica is a brokerage model and experiences may vary from office to office.

Do not paint all the offices with the same brush.

"Primerica helps middle income families with financial planning to retire"

Current Employee - Production Supervisor in Brantford, ON
    Current Employee - Production Supervisor in Brantford, ON

I have been working at Primerica part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people to work with, lots of support from Primerica head office. They pay for all your education! Primerica helps you achieve your dreams, whether they are large 6 figure dreams or just part time income dreams. The only way you don't succeed in Primerica is because you did not try hard enough. Primerica will support you with videos for training, help you help people become financially independent. Nothing is more rewarding then showing people how to retire with enough money to enjoy their retirement. You can make as much money as you want or as little as you want. You can start your own business and watch it grow! The possibilities are only limited to your desire to succeed!

Cons

There are not downsides. If you don't succeed it wasn't because of Primerica, it was your poor aditiued and unwillingness to learn.

7. "Life on My Terms"

Current Employee - Divisional Sales Manager in Hamilton, ON
    Current Employee - Divisional Sales Manager in Hamilton, ON

I have been working at Primerica part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have been part-time in Primerica for almost 6 years. I love that I can work around my kids' school schedule, make good money when I do work and have such a positive impact on the families I work with. Primerica is a company of integrity. with great products and great financial education for families. For everyone wondering if Primerica is a scam, just Google "Primerica Forbes Top 50" and you will see an article by Forbes listing Primerica as one of the Top 50 Most Trustworthy Financial Companies in North America. I am pretty sure Forbes Magazine would have figured it out if Primerica was a scam.

Cons

It's not for everyone. You have to be willing to change from an employee to an entrepreneurial mindset. Earning a wage vs earning commissions is a different way of working. I love that Primerica lets you work your own hours part-time, this is perfect for me and I have built a big enough business that I make money every month without having to work too hard at it. When I started I was hungry to change and grow, so that helped me a lot. Working with people and being an entrepreneur required personal development, which you don't always have to do at a wage-earning job. You decide how much you grow, which also decides how much you make. Commission earners are some of the wealthiest people in the world. They are also the hungriest to keep learning and improving. If you are hungrry to grow, then you should take a look at Primerica.

Advice to Management

Thank you for building a great company!

"Best Business Opportunity in North America"

Current Employee - Future RVP in Toronto, ON
    Current Employee - Future RVP in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Primerica full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Where else can the average person find the opportunity to build an massive, passive income-producing legacy, for such a low cost?
    People from all walks of life truly have the chance to live the American Dream.

Primerica truly pushes people to be the best version of themselves.
    Probably the toughest line of work, outside of parenthood, but totally worth it.

There is absolute NO discrimination on any level.
    Positive, results-oriented work environment.

EVERYONE has the opportunity to BE SOMEBODY.
    You just have to work for it... and DON'T QUIT!

Cons

New recruits may often be under-informed on our business model and ideology, and therefore are left unprotected from rival companies, especially those more well-versed.

Primerica is for everyone, but not everyone may be for Primerica.
    There may be a significant shift in mindset required to really find long-term success in Primerica.

"Not easy but worth it."

Current Employee - Regional Leader in Waterloo, ON
    Current Employee - Regional Leader in Waterloo, ON

I have been working at Primerica full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Controlling my own schedule and income.

Cons

It's not easy. I wouldn't recommend for people who give up on their goals easily.

Advice to Management

The management of Primerica is constantly surpassing my expectations.

"Primerica is Direct Selling or Multilevel Marketing!"

Former Freelancer - Down Liner Business in North York, ON
    Former Freelancer - Down Liner Business in North York, ON

I worked at Primerica (More than a year)

Pros

In Primerica, You will be trained as a big liar and big dreamer.

Cons

Your families and friends will be the victims of their business, and you are their slave.

Advice to Management

Stop your Scam Primerica's Job fair, this is totally suck

Showing 54 of 1,003 reviews