Premier Group Recruitment Employee Reviews about "sales job"

Updated Aug 30, 2018

Premier Group Recruitment Director Ben Broughton (no image)
Ben Broughton
Pros
  • "Commission - The commission structure is very good in comparison to other recruitment companies I interviewed with(in 11 reviews)

• "I worked at Premier for nearly 5 years, and I will always look back at my time there very positively(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • "Long Hours & Pressure - As above, if you want to do well in this job, you have to put in the hours and be assertive with your time(in 11 reviews)

• "Any sales job comes with targets and pressure, so if you cant handle it then consider something else(in 5 reviews)

Reviews about "sales job"

Return to all Reviews

"Career Builder & Money Earner"

Current Employee - Manager in Birmingham, England

I have been working at Premier Group Recruitment full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Incentives - If you're prepared to work hard, and I mean really hard, then there are plenty of rewards and incentives along the way which you will earn! I've literally been on some of the best incentives that most people can only dream of. Career - I developed my career from Trainee Consultant through to Business Manager over the course of 10 years, and have my sights set on future promotions. It's not a given, but if you are doing well and determined to develop your career, then there is plenty of opportunity. Initial promotions are based on sales targets (Senior/Lead Con) but after this you have the chance to steer your career in the direction you want, if you have the capability to do so. Commission - Having worked in recruitment prior to Premier Group, I can tell you that wherever you work, you have to graft for your money. I've put in 15 hour shifts to ensure I'm doing enough business to get to the higher end of the commission structure (30-40%), 11 to 12 hour days as standard. I've earned commission beyond expectations (£12k in a single month), and way beyond what I could have earned at other agencies. People - The business has a good structure across management, sales, business support and back office. You're never far away from someone who can/will help you, as long as your prepared to ask!

Cons

Long Hours & Pressure - As above, if you want to do well in this job, you have to put in the hours and be assertive with your time. If you think you can make a ton of money by doing the basic hours, then this is not the job for you. Any sales job comes with targets and pressure, so if you cant handle it then consider something else.

Continue reading

"Do not work for this company"

1.0

I worked at Premier Group Recruitment full-time

Pros

Commission structure, Christmas and summer parties, quarterly incentives and yearly incentives but you’re told as a new starter you can easily go on these incentives. You can’t

Cons

Everything. One of those companies who are willing to stab you in the back. From day 1 they sell you the dream of working as a recruitment consultant. Bearing in mind I have done this for many years. Not once do they tell you that if you leave the company a few days before pay day they are legally allowed to withhold your wages as it’s written into your contract. Long working days. Hours of work are 8:30am-6:30pm and you are expected to start at least 30 mins early and stay at least an hour after you finish. Any sales job is cut throat but they are willing to sack anyone for anything. It’s a bad business model and I would advise to stay away from this company. They say they invest time into every employee which is not true.

"Life at Premier"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England

I have been working at Premier Group Recruitment full-time for more than a year

Pros

I have worked at Premier Group Recruitment for over a year and a half now and the amount of training and support on offer to each and every person in the business is unbelievable, they go above and beyond to make sure that you have everything you need to succeed at your job and be successful in the industry. The Director Ben is always there when you need him (for everyone whether you're on your first day or at Management level) he's hands on and always happy to help with anything just like the rest of the management team. Secondly the incentives Premier offer to reward the teams are insane! Every quarter there are trips away in Europe, lunch clubs to the best restaurants, yearly trips to USA of course with all expenses paid and they go all out for you! The host yearly Summer and Christmas parties for the whole company to attend as well as monthly sales meetings and drinks! Each office has a bar that is stocked every Friday for the team to socialise after work with each other (optional). Lastly Premier genuinely care about people, I could tell that right from the interview stage and it's still the same now. They have been in the Sunday top 100 companies to work for for the last 4 years running - that's not by accident! If you’re looking to start your career in recruitment or if you want to change companies cause maybe you’re not that motivated in your current role Premier will support you, train you, help you grow and reward you incredibly well for doing your job!

Cons

There aren’t many… 5* holidays, free lunches, unlimited training and support, great colleagues and bosses, cash bonuses, amazing earning potential, car allowances. It’s a sales job, like any you get out what you put in.

Continue reading

"The most surreal experience of my life"

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant

I worked at Premier Group Recruitment full-time for less than a year

Pros

Worked with some great sales people. There ARE people who earn six figures here or at least there were when I worked there. That was inspiring. However no-one in the Manchester office where I worked achieved that or was even close to that money. Having said that, the incentives and commission are genuinely outstanding. You can earn life changing sums of money here. The most proactive director, Ben Broughton, is infectious. He races around like he has red bull pumping through him instead of blood.

Cons

Long hours - I once stayed till 10:30pm. You stay until you get 3 CVs out for a job you pull. This not a 8:30 - 6:30 job. You get in at 8 to beat the competition to candidates and you do not leave your desk until you have done everything you need to do. Do not be under any illusions about how hard you will work. A real "lad" culture. Some will love that, I hated it. It's all money, money, money, desk banging, c-ock measuring banterific banter. It is dressed up as being "winners" and "success" - naturally it breeds a few James Blunts. Not for everyone. The training when I was there was really poor. It consisted of sheets of paper split into ten modules. Read the paper and do an exam. Both my managers forgot where I was up to with it. You had a handful of mock client calls too when remembered. That was it. I felt let down from Premier, no consistency to the training. As a recent graduate, I needed that support! To be fair, I think Premier may have addressed this now with "IMPACT" training. Pressure. As with any sales job, but it is heated up here. The lead consultants used to get emails telling them they would be selling the big issue if they didn't pull their weight (shouldn't laugh). A manager got sacked while I was there. Numerous staff walked/sacked. The entire Manchester office is no longer there from when I worked at Premier. Someone posted the same thing in 2015 too. Don't buy into this "best places to work" guff either. We were given the survey while down at the reading office right before a big party - talk about buttering you up! Someone left a negative review of them in the survey, got found out and rollocked. Take that with a pinch of salt. _____________________________________________ Overall, this is a place to change your life. You will work your bones to the ground for it, but it can change your life. If you can handle it - great. If not, go and do a 9-5 £30K job (as advised by one of the directors himself!). I couldn't take it and I have and I am far happier. Best summary of the place is The Boiler Room where Ben Affleck is conducting a group interview. Watch it and just replace the words "first million" with "hundred grand".

"Fantastic company that offers a real career"

Current Employee - Manager in Reading, England

I have been working at Premier Group Recruitment full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Financial rewards Career progression Incentives Ability to talk to Managers and Directors Hard work very much rewarded

Cons

It's very hard work, not your normal sales job. The rewards more than make up for this though.

Premier Group Recruitment Response

July 24, 2015Director

Thank you for such positive feedback, we agree that the job can be hard work at times but good things come to those people who work hard!

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 5 reviews