Premier Group Recruitment Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Updated 11 December, 2018

3.4
Ben Broughton

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "I worked at Premier for nearly 5 years, and I will always look back at my time there very positively" (in 6 reviews)

• "Commission - The commission structure is very good in comparison to other recruitment companies I interviewed with" (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • "Long Hours & Pressure - As above, if you want to do well in this job, you have to put in the hours and be assertive with your time" (in 12 reviews)

• "The job can be stressful but again, this is a sales job" (in 6 reviews)

1. "Great place to start a career in Recruitment!"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Premier Group Recruitment (Less than a year)

Pros

IMPACT training
    Supportive management team
    Clear progression path

Cons

Long hours - you have to put these in to see results
    Not an easy job - but well worth the pay / incentives

"Great company"

Former Employee - Consultant in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Consultant in London, England (UK)

I worked at Premier Group Recruitment full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

If you want to make money and see real progression then this is the perfect place to work. You get support and real recognition for grafting and showing a desire to succeed, the training was the best I’ve had and the team is full of personality, you would find it very difficult not to get on with everyone. Very social and a positive place to be. You are expected to work hard but anyone wanting to make a serious living should be more than willing to put the effort in.

Cons

Don’t work here if your motivations aren’t solid, you won’t enjoy the effort required.

Advice to Management

Thanks for the platform you gave me

"An absolute pleasure"

Current Employee - Consultant
    Current Employee - Consultant

I have been working at Premier Group Recruitment full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The career progression
    The opportunities to work with some really well known clients and brands
    The management team, they all started as trainee cons in the business at some point which is unheard of these days
    The support from the back office team
    The training program, I’ve not seen anything similar anywhere else
    The earning potential
    They bring out the best in anyone wanting to really achieve something

Cons

It’s a demanding role but if you want an easy ride with little reward then it’s not for you anyway.

Advice to Management

None

4. "Avoid"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I worked at Premier Group Recruitment full-time

Pros

IMPACT Training.
    Incentives.

Cons

Poor pay
    Poor management
    Lack of respect
    Long hours

5. "Recruitment Consultant"

I worked at Premier Group Recruitment full-time

Pros

Good training, incentives, christmas party

Cons

alot of rumours about the senior members of staff

"Keep your options open before accepting a job at Premier"

Former Employee - Trainee Graduate Recruitment Consultant in London, England (UK)

I worked at Premier Group Recruitment full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Promising training programme
    Fun incentives
    Great location

Cons

Poor senior management with lack of training capabilities which is a shame because from the outset the training programme looks promising.
    Staff favouritism which explains a lot for the companies low turnover. In short if you are not a loud and cocky individual you will not fit it.
    Unrealistic targets and ridiculous working hours.

Advice to Management

Seriously review your senior management team rather than constantly looking for new staff as they are your downfall

7. "Great company to learn at, commision and extras."

Former Employee - Recruiter in London, England (UK)

I worked at Premier Group Recruitment full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Great company to learn and face tracked learning environment. If you can learn to make money here and not get fired in the first 12 months you will make it any recruitment role afterwards.
    - Competitive environment where success is heavily celebrated and rewarded.
    - Great commission and incentives
    - Young environment - average age would be about 25
    - Passionate about expansion

Cons

- Lowest salaries in the industry
    - 7am-7pm is the minimum expectation
    - The best salespeople make managers not the best people make managers

Advice to Management

Premier does a lot right but they should think longer term when it comes to their staff.

"Great back office team but underpaid"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reading, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reading, England (UK)

I worked at Premier Group Recruitment full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible hours for back office staff (when you’re allowed to use them)
    Free breakfast
    Great office and location
    Back office join in on some incentives
    Company parties

Cons

Quick to get rid of people, “if your face fits environment”
    Underpay for back office
    Blame culture
    Lack of appreciation that back office hold everything together
    Awards are always a popularity contest and don’t reflect the work put in

Advice to Management

When you’re paying sales staff as much as you do, don’t forget the little people
    Look at the current market and how much they could be paid elsewhere or they won’t hand around
    Put in a proper bonus structure if you’re going to pay bonuses, you should make it fair at least and not based on whether the face fits
    Generally it was a great team, and nice environment most of the time, work on keeping it that way
    Lastly, stop making the parties and nights out forced fun if you make something compulsory it immediately takes some fun out of it!

"Career Builder & Money Earner"

Current Employee - Manager in Birmingham, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Manager in Birmingham, England (UK)

I have been working at Premier Group Recruitment full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Incentives - If you're prepared to work hard, and I mean really hard, then there are plenty of rewards and incentives along the way which you will earn! I've literally been on some of the best incentives that most people can only dream of.

Career - I developed my career from Trainee Consultant through to Business Manager over the course of 10 years, and have my sights set on future promotions. It's not a given, but if you are doing well and determined to develop your career, then there is plenty of opportunity. Initial promotions are based on sales targets (Senior/Lead Con) but after this you have the chance to steer your career in the direction you want, if you have the capability to do so.

Commission - Having worked in recruitment prior to Premier Group, I can tell you that wherever you work, you have to graft for your money. I've put in 15 hour shifts to ensure I'm doing enough business to get to the higher end of the commission structure (30-40%), 11 to 12 hour days as standard. I've earned commission beyond expectations (£12k in a single month), and way beyond what I could have earned at other agencies.

People - The business has a good structure across management, sales, business support and back office. You're never far away from someone who can/will help you, as long as your prepared to ask!

Cons

Long Hours & Pressure - As above, if you want to do well in this job, you have to put in the hours and be assertive with your time. If you think you can make a ton of money by doing the basic hours, then this is not the job for you. Any sales job comes with targets and pressure, so if you cant handle it then consider something else.

Advice to Management

Keep on investing in the business, technology and the people, you have a good thing going here.

"Avoid Avoid Avoid."

Former Employee - Recruiter in London, England (UK)

I worked at Premier Group Recruitment full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Near Liverpool Street Station - can get home quicker after the extremely late nights.

Cons

I joined Premier Group with no sales experience and naively drawn in by their fancy incentives and the idea of earning lots of money very quickly. I thought that Premier would be a great environment to learn the ins and outs of the industry - I was very wrong.

I pretty much knew from the get-go that company life wouldn't be enjoyable, having being spoken to like I was a useless and that I could be replaced at a snap of their fingers. The whole company is built on ego-driven management/employees with everyone thinking they're better than each-other and if you're not cocky or a loud mouth then you simply won't make the cut with the rest of the team/managers.

As well as the general cocky loudmouth environment, there is a huge drug culture within the company. In the office, client events and company parties it's full of it.

Working late in recruitment is normal - but at Premier Group leaving on time any day of the week is seen as half a day's work. Most people feel obliged to stay in the office until 8PM most days just as a way of showing their face so they don't get ridiculed for 'being lazy'.

The company is completely KPI driven (min 3 hours on the phone or 100 dials), 30 new contacts/leads per week, 10 new companies - if you don't hit these targets daily you are told that you're not putting in enough effort and would "have to stay late and put a shift in" just to get call times up?! Not even to get more leads, for the sake of call times.....

If you're young and want a life - avoid. There are far better places to work than here, and you won't have the stress they give you.

Also, a lot of these reviews on here are fake as the company ask employees to write a good review....so don't take the good reviews on here as Gospel as they're very clearly fake

Advice to Management

Stop treating employees like disposables.

Premier Group Recruitment Response

22 Oct, 2018 – Senior Marketing Executive

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review.

We’d just like to clear up some inaccuracies in some of the points made:
    - We believe that our management team and senior members treat all staff... More