Powered By Search Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Powered By Search Reviews

Updated 10 October, 2018

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Some of the smartest people I've worked with"

Current Employee - Digital Marketing Consultant in Toronto, ON
    Current Employee - Digital Marketing Consultant in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Powered By Search full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Real industry experts. Everyone is so knowledgable & experienced.

Cons

Still running in the start-up mode. Need to go above and beyond with your work.

2. "Hilarious, Energetic, Positive Company"

I have been working at Powered By Search full-time

Pros

Laid back and positive culture - full of laughs. Understanding management and a great salary with room for expansion.

This place really cares, unlike corporate HR red-tape nonsense.

Cons

None - I mean it.

"Great Environment to Work Where You Gain Knowledge and Develop Your Personality!"

Current Employee - SEO Specialist in Toronto, ON
    Current Employee - SEO Specialist in Toronto, ON

Pros

You're surrounded by smart people and that rubs off on you and lots to learn from them
    Relaxed culture with no formal dress code
    Access to all major industry tools for research
    Pod structure where you are put in the pod to work in based on your strengths and areas of interest
    Management always makes out time to hear your thoughts and ideas
    Weekly meetings to keep you up to date on other departments as well
    Weekly company lunches and other fun stuff like outings, potlucks. Always something fun happening.

Cons

No major con. This may be a con for some : there's always a lot of work to do and it seems never ending but it is a benefit in disguise as it has allowed me to learn so much in such little time. I couldn't think of working at companies where everything is relaxed. I like to be on the go and busy at all times.

4. "Work hard play hard"

I have been working at Powered By Search full-time

Pros

Powered by Search offers a dynamic and fun working environment. Everyone is very smart and friendly. The partners care about each and every employee. They listen to the team and deliver what are promised.

Cons

The work is challenging and can be overwhelmed from time to time, so make sure you develop strong time management skills

Advice to Management

More team building time?

5. "One of the BEST Digital Marketing Companies to Work For!"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Pembroke, ON
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Pembroke, ON

I have been working at Powered By Search full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This company has offered me the best employment experience ever! I knew very little about SEO/SEM when I started working with Powered by Search, but they took time to teach me through various training methods. I started as a Novice and was able to work my way to a Project Management position in just over a year, thanks to the guidance and excellent training program they offer. I work in a contract position from my home office, which makes it extremely easy to balance single parenthood. This company offers tremendous room for growth within the company, which is great because no one wants to stand still in their career. The company also offers many other performance, knowledge benefits such as cash bonuses, gift certificates and a monthly blogging contest with $1000 bonus, who wouldn't love any of these rewards. They also conduct reviews and offer excellent raises with good performance. Their policies and expectations are equal across the board no matter the position you work in. The partners are very flexible with time-off requests if requested with the appropriate notification. They also love friend referrals when they are hiring.

Cons

This company does not offer any kind of group insurance for employees or home contractors.

Advice to Management

Have you considered looking into a group health insurance plan for your employees/contractors? This would be a great additional incentive to offer to full-time employees, even if the employer pays 40% and the employee pays 60%.

Powered By Search Response

20 Aug, 2014 – Founder

Thanks for your review! Employees at Powered by Search receive group insurance benefits for health, dental, and additional benefits like massages etc. We actually cover 100% of the cost of the... More

"The Expanding Dream Team"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Powered By Search full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Partners Matt, Dev and Warren set the tone for the company: a passion for being digitally effective, and bringing together some of Canada's top talent.

There's a real mix of hard work, technical prowess, creative energy, and a lot of laughs. There are parents, students, an inspiring office, a work-from-home balance. There are years of experience, and newbies with talent.

Cons

We're expanding, and we're looking for the right people...

Powered By Search Response

13 Aug, 2014 – Founder

Thanks for taking the time to review. Finding and growing the right talent is at the heart of us running this business. The stellar people that work here make it a great place to work, and a great... More