PointClickCare "fast paced" Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

PointClickCare Employee Reviews about "fast paced"

Updated Oct 22, 2019

4.1
PointClickCare CEO Mike Wessinger
Mike Wessinger
Pros
  • "The leadership team really takes the time to understand our needs and provide a workplace environment that supports the employee’s work life balance(in 29 reviews)

• "An awesome family oriented work environment with many advancement opportunities(in 27 reviews)

Cons
  • "No cons that I can think of right now(in 16 reviews)

• "Because the company is growing so fast, we're not always as efficient or as structured as a more mature organization would be(in 12 reviews)

Reviews about "fast paced"

Return to all Reviews
  1. Featured Review

"Incredible place to work"

I have been working at PointClickCare full-time

Pros

In all my years of work, I’ve never experienced a company like this. The passion and care every employee has about the success of the business is evident no matter what title you have. The leadership team really takes the time to understand our needs and provide a workplace environment that supports the employee’s work life balance. We have amazing facilities here and the company spoils us with all the money and... investment they put in to ensure we have everything we need.

Cons

Fast pace, not your typical 9-5. Unless you have the mentality of “getting things done” and are a go-getter, this isn’t the right place for you.

Advice to Management

Continue to support your employees wellbeing and putting that at the forefront of everything you do.

PointClickCare2019-04-04
  2. "No Complaints Here"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Brampton, ON

I have been working at PointClickCare full-time for more than a year

Pros

- The people are all positive and supportive - Assortment of amenities and benefits (Gym, Snacks, and Cafe) - Lots of support in regards to training and increasing knowledge - Opportunities to work on interesting projects - Flexible hours, ability to work from home, and understanding/helpful leaders

Cons

- Fast paced, with a bit of pressure to deliver

Advice to Management

Keep up with the the great culture you perpetuate through out the company, and maybe look into investing more into the people that keep the company going.

PointClickCare2019-06-07

PointClickCare Response

June 10, 2019Talent Programs Specialist

Thank you for sharing your feedback! We are fortunate to have you!

"Completely Love Everything About PCC"

I have been working at PointClickCare full-time

Pros

Not only do I get to work with great individuals day to day but everyone across the organization are good people. I've also never worked for such an amazing organization where you get to actually bring your ideas to work and they are always heard. No idea is ever too crazy (love that) and I love that my manager supports me in anything I do. The work-life balance at PCC is what keeps me here. The work is... challenging but FPTO (unlimited vacation) and flexibility to work from home makes me less crazy. The gym, cafe, and new lounge with the beer vending machine are all definite pros!

Cons

Fast-paced and is not for everybody (not sure if that's really a con).

PointClickCare2017-11-06
  4. "Project Management"

Project Manager in Mississauga, ON

I have been working at PointClickCare

Pros

Grow your PM Skills quickly

Cons

If you do not like to have fun and don't enjoy a fast pace growing company then this is not a place for you.

PointClickCare2016-06-27
  5. "Wow"

Current Employee - Java Developer in Mississauga, ON

I have been working at PointClickCare full-time for more than a year

Pros

-amazing culture -amazing people -continues development and growth -beer Friday's and dog friendly -great gym, pool and ping-pong table, Xbox one and a Wii. -flexible vacation policy -subsidized cafeteria with different lunches everyday ($3 meals)

Cons

-fast paced environment, not for everyone

Advice to Management

-keep going

PointClickCare2016-03-27

"Great Place to Work"

I have been working at PointClickCare full-time for more than a year

Pros

I've worked at PointClickCare for almost 3 years. I love it here. We've got a great team, work in a great environment and the company truly values it employees. There is a lot of flexibility around work-life balance which really makes a difference for me.

Cons

The company is growing at a very fast pace. It might be hard from some people to adapt to the constant change and to juggle multiple priorities.

PointClickCare2015-04-27

"Exciting place to work and a company that values their employees."

I have been working at PointClickCare full-time

Pros

This is a company that lives up to their corporate values! Great work environment, fantastic team and alot of opportunities for job growth. Flexible work arrangements is also nice, They really value their employees and include many perks. People are very approachable even at senior manager level. I have been impressed with the working culture. Can see myself wanting to stay with this company for a while.

Cons

The company is fast growing so if you do not like fast paced or having to adapt to change, it might not be the place for you. The company is still building out new processes across the organization.

Advice to Management

As the company continues to grow try and keep the great working culture.

PointClickCare2014-08-08

"Awesome place to work and huge potential for growth!!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON

I have been working at PointClickCare full-time for less than a year

Pros

The company has huge potential and is just starting to mature. They're going through crazy growth but the Sr leadership team is still very accessible and not set in their ways. It's pretty easy to get buy in and support for your ideas here too. It really is a cool culture and the perks are nice too - free lunches, gym on site with a trainer, team building events, etc.

Cons

Because of the crazy growth there aren't a lot of processes in place yet. If you struggle with fast pace and change management then this probably isn't the best place for you. They're doing a lot to improve this, but if you like structure and routine then it might not be a fit.

Advice to Management

Keep the culture in place as you continue to grow.

PointClickCare2014-07-21

"I like that they do the right thing"

Current Employee - Software Developer in Bloomington, MN

I have been working at PointClickCare full-time for more than a year

Pros

The company has a great vision for the future of health care. They understand that it's more important to help seniors and have an engaged workforce than to try and pump up a share price. The most important thing to me is the people I work with, and everyone here has been great. I think it really helps when you have down to earth leadership to set the tone of the company. I feel like I can approach many of the... executive staff members and just chat as real people like you would at a very small company.

Cons

Not really a con to me, but maybe to you: there's a ton to do and it can be fast-paced. If you're looking to get lost in a cubicle until 5pm and not be noticed all day, you probably won't like it here.

Advice to Management

Stay down to earth, trust your instincts and continue to be real with people, you're doing great.

PointClickCare2018-03-07