Plex Systems, Inc. Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Found 118 reviews

4.0
Plex Systems, Inc. CEO Bill Berutti
Bill Berutti
Pros
  • "Great work environment, great leadership(in 14 reviews)

• "They offer free snacks, a pinfarnia coke machine to customize your pop and a coffee vending machine that has Starbuck coffee on the 15th floor(in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • "Plex is going through some growing pains(in 10 reviews)

• "Organization is becoming top heavy with too many ex-Oracle types with overblown egos(in 6 reviews)

"Plex is still a great place to work!"

Current Employee - Account Executive

I have been working at Plex Systems, Inc. full-time for more than a year

Pros

With the negative reviews that have piled on lately, I'd like to take a minute and remind everyone that Plex is still a great place to work and is a company with a lot of upside. Pros: Product - For the manufacturers where Plex is a fit, it's a fantastic solution that has very few peers in the industry. Commitment to Customer Success - Plex is more committed to customer success then any other company I've... worked at. Doing right for the customer is still a guiding principal for decision making. Autonomy - I have yet to experience a micro-manager at Plex. This is the type of company that provides you with tools, goals and resources and then expects you to get the job done your way. Transparency - Very little is hidden at Plex. Despite being a private company, all the employees know our revenue, sales goals achievement, profitability, product launches, product delays, NPS scores etc. Good, bad or ugly, senior management treats employees like adults/partners and shares the news. Experienced Team - Most the people at Plex are 10+ year veterans in manufacturing and/or enterprise software. You can trust that the team knows what it's doing. Corporate Vision - Plex has a massive vision that involves really changing the game in a stagnant manufacturing ERP market. People who've been around in ERP for a while understand that what Plex is attempting to do is both ambitious and exciting. Compensation - At or above industry norms for the geographic locations. Rewards proactive employees - What I've seen is that employees who display an ownership mentality and make a strong business case for what that want to do are often rewarded with the responsibility.

Cons

Unfortunately, there have been some growing pains at Plex that have ended up creating a few casualties, many of whom are probably the authors of the negative reviews. I'm sure that their experience is the truth from their perspective, but it's not the full truth of working at Plex. Cons: Growing too fast - Plex tried to compete in a lot of new sales territories all at once when the product (and the... infrastructure) weren't there to support it. Development delays - I give Plex credit for having ambitious goals on the product side, however, when those product enhancements end up being delayed for over a year (even when delaying the launch is the right thing to do) it's going to create challenges on the sales execution side as we try compete in opportunities outside our comfort zone without the product we need to back us up. Lack of customization options - Another major challenge to selling Plex is that we don't have any way to customize the solution to meet the needs of unique manufacturers that don't fit the mold of the Plex platform. This has definitely impeded our ability to sell the solution in new markets.

Advice to Management

Slow down, regroup, and persevere. Plex can definitely become a publicly traded, billion dollar company, but there's a lot of groundwork to lay down first. Let's not forget the existing customer success comes first, product development comes second, and that marketing and sales will follow after that.

Plex Systems, Inc.2016-06-24

"Best Place to Work"

I have been working at Plex Systems, Inc. full-time for less than a year

Pros

Flexible work Employees treated like adults Investment staff functions to build a bigger better company Employee programs released regularly Incredible product Massive market opportunity

Cons

Very few, typical growing pains - lots of new people trying to make a difference and sometimes get in each others way - but hearts are all in the right place. Still a few cliques, but blending better each day.

Advice to Management

Value input from all employees, long tenure, new comers, former colleagues and those in between. Keep up all of the good work!

Plex Systems, Inc.2015-08-26

"Great Company"

Former Employee - Engagement Manager

I worked at Plex Systems, Inc. full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The culture, people, product, and customers.

Cons

401k match could be improved.

Plex Systems, Inc.2019-09-06

"Great place to work, but change is feared."

I worked at Plex Systems, Inc. full-time for more than a year

Pros

Plex was a great place to work. The perks were fun and a great break from the workday. The culture and the people are what make the job worth it. The work itself can be fun too, if you like problem solving. Benefits could be better.

Cons

A new leadership team has come in and doesn’t seem interested in keeping up with the Plex culture.

Advice to Management

Relax a bit. Enjoy Plex and all it has to offer. Let employees have their fun, they work hard.

Plex Systems, Inc.2019-08-24

"Values work/life balance, good communication, and employee success"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Troy, MI

I have been working at Plex Systems, Inc. full-time for more than a year

Pros

Plex prioritizes work/life balance. (PTO, flex time, etc) Plex practices open communication. Plex praises jobs well done.

Cons

While there are some great work/life benefits, there are other benefits that aren’t quite where their competitors are.

Advice to Management

Continue to show your employees that they are valued and do something about some of benefit programs that lag behind other companies.

Plex Systems, Inc.2019-08-16

"Outstanding talent within the organization."

Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Plex Systems, Inc. full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

1. Culture-despite the rate of growth that Plex has experienced, the culture is important enough to the employees that they demand that it doesn’t get lost. The services team is outstanding. There were some big hits to the organization with a couple of departures, but the new guys will be solid when they have a better understanding of the business. Right now, we are seeing some changes without that... understanding. I love what Bill Berutti brings to Plex with his persistent focus on the customer.

Cons

Communication around major initiatives is strong within the company but poor with customers. There is more ownership being shown and I expect this to be an area of improvement.

Advice to Management

Understand the business. Take ownership and lead.

Plex Systems, Inc.2019-05-09

"Moving in the right direction — Hiring rockstars"

Current Employee - Professional Services Consultant in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Plex Systems, Inc. full-time for more than a year

Pros

Company is committed to recruiting rockstars like Randy Johns, Todd Kisaberth, Bill Berutti, etc

Cons

Client Success is weak. Customers do not get the relationship management they deserve.

Advice to Management

Upgrade client success; put more structure in place: make sure employees know the difference between RTO and flexibility; move out the bottom 5%; continue the awesome external talent acquisition —- we need people who have run large companies.

Plex Systems, Inc.2019-05-03

"Good company for the most part"

I have been working at Plex Systems, Inc. full-time

Pros

Good atmosphere, most employees get along, very relaxed time off policy

Cons

Promotions aren't performance related. Underperformers aren't addressed.

Plex Systems, Inc.2019-03-21

"Account Executive"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Plex Systems, Inc. full-time for less than a year

Pros

Healthy Culture, High Energy, Thought Leader, Customer Focused.

Cons

401k match is not in line with other companies.

Advice to Management

Keep on supporting your people as we change and prepare for our future.

Plex Systems, Inc.2019-03-03

"Great people to work with"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Plex Systems, Inc. full-time

Pros

Some really good and fun people to work with.

Cons

Must "fit in" with the culture.

Advice to Management

Continue to communicate to all employees via blogs.

Plex Systems, Inc.2019-02-03