Cover image for Plaza Research

47% Recommend to a Friend
66% Approve of CEO

Found 46 of over 46 reviews

2.9
Plaza Research Director Jennifer Miller (no image)
Jennifer Miller

The latest conversations about Advertising

Join the conversation on

Advertising

134.8K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/advertising/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Plaza Research~153401
Join the conversation on

Got a burning question about Plaza Research? Just ask!

On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Plaza Research employees and get real answers from people on the inside.

What's Fishbowl
Ask a Question
  1. 5.0

Fun work

Jul. 19, 2022 - Project Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Something different everyday. Great Director

Cons

Not a lot of opportunities for advancement. Physical location closed

2. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Horrible management, no headsets, constant overtime, yelling at employees, sexual harassment, UNPROFESSIONAL

Jul. 22, 2022 - Recruiter in Denver, CO
    Business Outlook

Pros

Pay was good for Denver at the time for what I was looking for ($17.50/hr) but now would be kind of median. I liked the building and the access to downtown (this is obviously not company specific). It was really interesting to work in market research; I learned a lot.

Cons

I worked as both a recruiter and a front desk host, managing research recruitment as well as clients and participants. Some front desk, some call center, some janitorial. Genuinely this was a horrible job. Employees were given constant overtime and fired when they told management they couldn't work it because management wouldn't hire new employees. They did not consistently give overtime pay. I worked in a tiny overcrowded call center room constantly watched by the manager literally 1.5 yards behind me at all times. They had no headsets and refused to provide them when asked because they were "too expensive" resulting in employees holding phones against their heads with their neck against their shoulder, causing injuries. You have to be able to write at the same time and be on the computer and can't do that with a phone in hand. I witnessed the managers be homophobic to two female employees who were in a relationship, and at one point the manager walked in and screamed at them, getting into a loud argument in a tiny room where we were all making calls to clients. Constant verbal abuse from the manager. Additionally, the lead front desk host repeatedly sexually harassed me, hovering behind me and touching my hair and back. She made comments about my sexuality and sex life and was constantly invasive personally even when asked to stop. She made sexual comments about clients and participants behind their backs and sometimes made fun of people's appearances. She repeatedly made racist comments. It was just disgusting. Management did nothing about her. I was working way beyond the requirements of my position, working 15-20 more hours a week than I was supposed to, full time at times on top of full time school when I told them this was unacceptable. Sometimes things ran so late I was at the building until 2am or 3am for shifts that ended hours earlier. Despite having a physical disability I was made to run all over the city doing errands for clients and yelled at by management when I couldn't find items clients wanted even though that wasn't even my job. Just a horrible business. Managers also openly made biased comments against transgender and non-binary people and said not to recruit them for studies. Kind of ridiculous because LGBT people have opinions about products, too. Awful, awful business. Turnover rate is high. They treat employees like garbage.

1 person found this review helpful
  3. Join the Plaza Research team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 3.0
    Former Employee

Flexible

Apr. 1, 2022 - Recruiter
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible schedule. New studies coming out all the time kept things interesting

Cons

Low pay, poor management, employee cliques.

5. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Company atmosphere

Jan. 12, 2022 - Night Manager in Dallas, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Enjoyed coworkers and Director. Ability to meet new people.

Cons

Pay was always below par.

6. 3.0
    Current Employee

Cool and friendly place to work

Dec. 27, 2021 - Market Research Recruiter in Tampa, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

great work environment , very friendly team and higher ups

Cons

Not many opportunities for growth

7. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Unrealistic Expectations

Jul. 20, 2021 - Recruiter in Los Angeles, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Full Time, M-F, 40 hrs a week

Cons

Be careful with OT, and some projects have unrealistic expectations

8. 2.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

I learned a lot

Jul. 21, 2021 - Phone Recruiter in Atlanta, GA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Work with high level clients. Lear a lot about how market research works

Cons

In the Atlanta location I worked with mean girls. They were passive aggressive and micromanages. If I spoke two words to a coworker that was not work related I was in trouble

1 person found this review helpful
  9. 1.0
    Former Employee

Unrealistic goals

Apr. 22, 2021 - Associate Recruiter
    Business Outlook

Pros

Small office. Could work extra if you’d like on weekends.

Cons

High Turnover. Bad communication with management.

10. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Not a good Job

Apr. 8, 2021 - Client Service Representative in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

People were nice and free snacks.

Cons

Pay and management is not good.

11. 4.0
    Current Employee

Great opportunity for those wanting to gain experience with an entry level position

Feb. 21, 2021 - Market Research Recruiter in Houston, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Relatively easy work, great management

Cons

Gan get a little tedious and repetitive, calling and asking the same questions

Viewing 1 - 10 of 46 Reviews
</>Embed

Plaza Research Reviews FAQs

Plaza Research has an overall rating of 2.9 out of 5, based on over 46 reviews left anonymously by employees. 47% of employees would recommend working at Plaza Research to a friend and 12% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 1% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Plaza Research employees rate their compensation and benefits as 2.1 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Plaza Research. This rating has improved by 3% over the last 12 months.

47% of Plaza Research employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Plaza Research 3.2 out of 5 for work life balance, 2.6 for culture and values and 2.5 for career opportunities.