Philip Morris International Reviews

Updated Jun 23, 2020

3.8
Philip Morris International Chief Executive Officer André Calantzopoulos
André Calantzopoulos
Pros
  • "Working environment pleasant for innovative product development in a Pharma settings(in 82 reviews)

• "Good work life balance, good salary, relocation opportunities(in 69 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"International, scientific, breaktrough and dynamic working environment"

5.0

I have been working at Philip Morris International full-time for less than a year

Pros

International, innovative, dynamic, professionals stimulating and oriented to costumers

Cons

Lines of communication, double roles, not clear hierarchy

January 24, 2020Philip Morris International

Hi, there. Thank you for your 5-star review! We are happy to know that you are enjoying the company transformation and that you are professionally stimulated in your role. Our people are our greatest asset, and we want to ensure we can provide them with a positive work environment and career development. We are sorry to hear that the hierarchy and communication lines are unclear. We would advise you to speak to your line manager or HR contact regarding these issues. Once again, thank you for taking the time to leave us your review. We wish you the best of luck with your future career and why don't you stay updated by following us on social media @InsidePMI.

2. "Overall Good"

5.0
    Current Employee - Finance Manager

I have been working at Philip Morris International full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good Salary, Benefits and Growth

Cons

None that I can think of

November 13, 2019Philip Morris International

Hello there! Thank you for the positive 5-star review! We are very happy that you are overall satisfied with your experience at PMI. It is also great to hear that you would recommend us to your peers and that you enjoy the development opportunities we offer. Thank you again for your feedback and why not follow us on social media @insidePMI to stay tuned.

"Run away"

2.0
    Former Employee - Sales Representative

I worked at Philip Morris International full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good pay work was always different

Cons

Management was all over the place. No direction

March 27, 2020Philip Morris International

Hi there, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are happy to read that you enjoyed the company benefits working at PMI, for more than 5 years. However, we are truly sorry to hear you are not happy with your overall experience and with the management. At Philip Morris, our aim is to ensure that every voice is heard, so we take your comments very seriously and thank you for your honesty. We wish you continued success in the future and thanks again for taking the time to leave us a review.

4. "Great Benefits at giant corporation"

Current Employee - Product Owner
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Philip Morris International full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great Benefits, Pension Plan, Opportunities to move around

Cons

Big corporation, red tape, just a small pound in a big ocean, undergoing transgormation

March 9, 2020Philip Morris International

Hi there, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review — much appreciated! We're glad to hear you are profiting from many company benefits like the opportunities to relocate and the pension plan. Nonetheless, we take into consideration your comment regarding management and the company size. We try to create a strong management team that will inspire people and lead to successful change. At Philip Morris, our aim is to ensure that every voice is heard, so we take your comments very seriously and thank you for your honesty.

5. "Wouldn’t recommend working for the company"

1.0
    Former Employee - District Sales Manager in Toronto, ON

I worked at Philip Morris International full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The people, Fair pay, Fantastic benefits

Cons

Culture is toxic Unrealistic expectations on a niche product (IQOS) in Canada Silo approach to leadership/communication

March 27, 2020Philip Morris International

Hello, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are glad to read you enjoyed the benefits of working at PMI and the were satisfied with your colleagues, for over 10 years. However, we are truly sorry to hear you are not happy with your overall experience working at PMI and the leadership in the Canada offices. As you know, we are currently going through a massive transformation. It's a very exciting period but it does indeed come together with some uncertainties. At Philip Morris, our aim is to ensure that every voice is heard, so we take your comments very seriously and thank you for your honesty. Thank you again for taking the time to leave us a review.

"Overall compensation package is above average. However company culture is toxic."

Current Employee - Marketing Lead in Toronto, ON
    No Opinion of CEO

Pros

Compensation is the top motivation of working for this company.

Cons

To succeed in this company, relationship and partisan are the two top factors.

February 7, 2020Philip Morris International

Hi there! We really appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review. We are glad to read you have been enjoying the benefits of working at PMI, for over 8 years now. However, we are sorry to hear that you feel relationships are a top factor to succeed and that this is a con. We take this very seriously and encourage to speak up and report any compliance issue. Alternatively, do not hesitate to go talk to your line manager or your HR contact person. At Philip Morris, our aim is to ensure that every voice is heard, so we take your comments very seriously and thank you for your honesty. Thank you again for taking the time to leave us a review.

7. "Nepotism in the Toronto office"

2.0
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Philip Morris International full-time

Pros

Great benefits to compensate for all the cons.

Cons

An overwhelming majority of employees working in the Toronto office have been hired on or promoted due to the fact that they are either a daughter, wife, son of, brother-in-law of another employee. Nepotism rules in this company, and if you are not related to another employee, your chances of getting hired or promoted are very slim.

January 17, 2020Philip Morris International

Hello, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are glad to hear you are able to enjoy the benefits PMI has to offer and that they compensate all inconveniences. However, we are very sad that you hear that you feel there is nepotism in the Toronto office, we take this very seriously and encourage to speak up and report compliance issues. Alternatively, do not hesitate to go talk to your line manager or your HR contact person. At Philip Morris, our aim is to ensure that every voice is heard, so we take your comments very seriously and thank you for your honesty. Thank you again for taking the time to leave us a review.

8. "Change positions and get move in your expertise"

4.0
    Former Employee - Planning Supervisor

I worked at Philip Morris International full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

big projects with advanced approach good remuneration

Cons

regulated thus limited in possibilities to promote product staying for too long in this Company will reduce your expertise to inner frames of this business

January 10, 2020Philip Morris International

Hi there! Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We're glad that you enjoyed the company benefits and feel you were able to contribute to big projects. This is one of our main goals that we aim to achieve within each department across the company. However, we are sorry to hear you feel that your expertise did not develop enough with your time with us. Furthermore, it's great to see that you would recommend us. Why not follow us on social media @insidePMI to stay tuned! :)We thank you again for your time and wish you all the best!

9. "RBH and affiliate of PMI"

Former Employee - Packaging and Graphic Design in Toronto, ON

I worked at Philip Morris International full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Good pay and benefits.

Cons

Tobacco and government laws in Canada are hurting this company

December 30, 2019Philip Morris International

Hi there! Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We're glad that you enjoyed the company benefits. As you know, during periods of transformation, it is true that there are many uncertainties. However, we try to create a strong management team that will inspire people and lead to successful change.Once again, thank you for writing a review.

10. "Fun company culture"

4.0
    Current Employee - Territory Manager
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Philip Morris International full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Autonomy, opportunity to be on pilot tests and projects, different initiatives and priorities every quarter. Company car, salary + bonus, 4 weeks vacation to start (3 + Christmas)

Cons

No financial incentive to move into a head office role. Raises are poor.

November 6, 2019Philip Morris International

Hi there, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review — much appreciated! We're glad to hear you are enjoying your time at PMI and that you find it a fun environment to work in. We are also pleased to hear you are able to enjoy the company benefits and profit from working on different projects. Nonetheless, we take into consideration your comment regarding financial incentives and the raises within the company, and we advise you to reach out to your line manager or HR. We wish you continued success and thanks again for taking the time to leave us a review and why not stay updated by following us on social media @InsidePMI.

Found 1097 reviews