PetSmart Sales Associate Reviews

J.K. Symancyk
  1. "cashier"

Former Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier in Sault Ste. Marie, ON

I worked at PetSmart part-time for more than a year

Pros

there my experience was very good

Cons

no any disadvantage because according to me we should not say anything bad where we learnt alot.

Continue reading
  2. "nice to work with pets but hard to get full time"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Ottawa, ON
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at PetSmart part-time

Pros

fun team, work with animals, work with humane society, make friends

Cons

pay is not too good, management wont let me go full time

July 21, 2020Social Media Community Manager

Thank you for taking the time to share and bringing your experience to our attention. Please feel free to contact the CareSmart line at 1-800-738-4693 to speak further about the things mentioned above.

3. "Would not recommend"

1.0
    Former Contractor - Seasonal Sales Associate
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at PetSmart for less than a year

Pros

Got to pet dogs and see lots of animals; Great way to motivate yourself to go to post-secondary and do well so you never have to work for a lousy company like this ever again

Cons

Extremely disorganized; lousy training; mean coworkers; punished if we don't harass customers to get their email addresses

July 6, 2020Social Media Community Manager

We're sorry to hear this was your experience. This certainly is not the work environment we strive to create and appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We'd like to understand more. Please contact the CareSmart line at 1-800-738-4693. Thank you for taking the time.

4. "Meh"

Current Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier

I have been working at PetSmart part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Animals, you can change departments

Cons

Very little hours available, bad management

February 14, 2020Social Media Community Manager

We appreciate you taking the time to leave a review. Please know, you can also share your thoughts via the CareSmart line at 1-800-738-4693. Thanks, again!

5. "Company seems to be betraying its values: Disorganized, cuts hours, poor communication"

1.0
    Former Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier in Edmonton, AB

I worked at PetSmart part-time for more than a year

Pros

Working with animals, being able to recommend proper care for animals. Friendly coworkers. Select managers were kind and encouraging.

Cons

Extremely disorganized management, over 4 weeks late on final pay check. Scheduling is a mess, doesn’t respect availability. Cuts hours for long time employees but continues to hire new people. Has forces people to come in when they are ill even when given appropriate notice and workers are penalized if they stand up for their rights. Does not provide actual proper knowledge and training for petcare. Does not schedule enough time to properly close petcare meaning that animals are not properly taken care of and employees are held to unfair standards. It shows that the values of the company have shifted.

January 7, 2020Social Media Community Manager

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We're so sorry that this was your experience at PetSmart. Please reach out to the CareSmart line at 1-800-738-4693 so that we can learn more about your time with us. We value your contributions in helping to make pet lives happy and healthy and appreciate you taking the time.

6. "petsmart sales associate position"

Former Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier

I worked at PetSmart full-time for less than a year

Pros

interacting with animals and their parents, giving them treats, helping them find the best foods and care products.

Cons

it takes a long time and alot of experience to change positions, i was interested in the pet care associate position but i didn't have enough experience for it.

September 10, 2019Social Media Community Manager

Thanks for sharing your experience. We're so glad you enjoyed your time with us and think working with animals and their pet parents make PetSmart a fun and special place as well! Please know that you can always share feedback via the CareSmart line at 1-800-738-4693. Thank you, again, for taking the time!

7. "Great place to work hard"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Oakville, ON

I have been working at PetSmart full-time for more than a year

Pros

Lots of room for growth

Cons

Very few full time associates hired

September 3, 2019Social Media Community Manager

Thanks for the review! We agree that PetSmart is a great place and are happy that has been your experience as well. It's our associates, pets, and pet parents who make PetSmart such a special place. Thanks again for taking the time!

8. "PetCare Associate"

Current Freelancer - Sales Associate

I have been working at PetSmart for more than a year

Pros

It is a good place to work

Cons

I do not have any cons

September 3, 2019Social Media Community Manager

It's great to hear that you're enjoying your life at PetSmart! Thank you for all that you do for pets and pet parents. We appreciate you taking the time to review!

9. "Sales Associate @ Yonge St."

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Toronto, ON

I worked at PetSmart part-time for less than a year

Pros

I worked at the Yonge Street location and had the chance to work with very flexible managers and wonderful teammates. Definitely recommend it to anybody looking to make an income while studying.

Cons

Rarely you might need to work on a day that you've taken off in advance

December 3, 2018Employer Branding

Thanks for the feedback! That's wonderful to hear how much you're enjoying PetSmart, especially working with your managers and colleagues! Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We really appreciate hearing from our associates.

10. "Mostly great, but"

4.0
    Current Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier in Oshawa, ON
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at PetSmart part-time for more than a year

Pros

Relatively reasonable pace of work. Generally more pleasant customers. DOGS!

Cons

Little say in how things go. Opportunity for creativity lays within displays.

October 22, 2018Employer Branding

Thank you for the feedback. I'm glad you're enjoying life at PetSmart, but you raise some valid concerns. Please feel free to contact the CareSmart line at 1-800-738-4693, as well, to share your experience. Thank you!

Found 192 reviews