Penske Media Employee Reviews about "no 401k"

Updated Aug 1, 2018

4.4
Penske Media Chairman and CEO Jay Penske
Jay Penske
Pros
  • "A fast-paced, supportive work environment on the cutting edge of media and publishing(in 11 reviews)

• "Very talented engineers and great people to learn from(in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • "They've already added 401k matching and increased the PTO amount within the last year(in 10 reviews)

• "Benefits are not as robust as other media companies (no 401k match the biggest disappointment)(in 6 reviews)

Reviews about "no 401k"

Return to all Reviews

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Editor in New York, NY

I have been working at Penske Media full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Overall, PMC has been a great, supportive place to work, and I am proud to be an employee! Within the tumultuous world of media, PMC provides stability and a pool of supportive colleagues who approach the industry through an entrepreneurial lens.

Cons

There is no 401K matching

Penske Media Response

September 6, 2018Vice President of HR and Corporate Communications

Thank you so much for your feedback. It's wonderful to hear what all you enjoy about an editorial career at PMC. We have taken note of your comment about no 401K match and this is a benefit we have been actively exploring.

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Penske Media full-time for less than a year

Pros

I've found that people at PMC are super friendly and also mega driven and hard-working (a great combo). Smart and well-respected CEO and top management. The NY office is a beautifully-designed space, located across from Bryant Park. There are outdoor decks being built out for meetings and work functions.

Cons

No 401K match, no gym benefits, no summer hours.

Continue reading

Penske Media Response

September 6, 2018Vice President of HR and Corporate Communications

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback and we have noted your input regarding benefits and perks. We do feel passionate that offering 4 paid days off for volunteer work each year via our 2% program is more in line with our company values than summer hours but we are already looking into matching 401K contributions. And while in the past we have decided against gym benefits in lieu of other company perks this is a good reminder to take another look at that now that our NY team has grown so much this past year. Thank you again.

3. "Exciting company that's growing"

4.0
    Current Employee - Senior Management in New York, NY

I have been working at Penske Media full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great culture filled with the belief (and proof) that media/content is a growing area. This was not a common feeling at my former employers who were/are just cutting costs to stay alive.

Cons

Benefits are not as robust as other media companies (no 401k match the biggest disappointment).

4. "Editor"

1.0

I worked at Penske Media full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

They did build a nice office

Cons

No 401k benefits, focus in companybis outlet about cost cutting. Participants senior editors

"Variety Insight"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Penske Media full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great culture, encouraging supervisors, fascinating industry, what 's not to like? Very positive atmosphere that fosters engagement and creativity. Team , across all departments, seem to get along famously.

Cons

Outside of a brutal commute, can't really say! So far, so awesome. One thing: no 401k matching; that was a surprise.

Continue reading
  6. "Great and growing company."

4.0
    Current Employee - Director in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Penske Media full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Having worked at other major media companies, PMC stands out in a good way. The company is growing and if you have a solid work ethic and an entrepreneurial spirit, there's opportunities for career growth. The people here are hard-working, goal-oriented and generally great to work with. You won't find over-the-top perks of a tech company, but they do make a concerted effort to treat their employees well with a nice office space, company outings and even day-to-day perks like free snacks and coffee. All in all, the company culture is positive.

Cons

The cost of healthcare has risen and there's no 401K match in sight.

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 6 reviews