Pelmorex Corp Reviews

Found 86 of over 100 reviews

4.1
Pelmorex Corp President and CEO Sam Sebastian
Sam Sebastian
Pros
  • "Free Coffee and tea like everyone said(in 10 reviews)

• "Managers care about the well-being of their employees; very good at promoting work-life balance(in 9 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Not many opportunities for vertical career growth (ex(in 4 reviews)

• "Television works in seasons - Pelmorex let staff go right after beginning of season making it next to impossible to get new positions(in 4 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

this is my review !

Jan 28, 2022 - Chief Revenue Officer in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

Just a great place to work. Smart people who care about each other and about winning

Cons

none that come to mind

Pelmorex Corp Response

Thank you for your feedback! We appreciate the time you have taken to write your review and are happy to hear that you enjoy working at Pelmorex. We are always thriving to create an organization that cares for its employees!

2. 4.0
      Current Employee

Good company

May 18, 2022 - GIS Technician
      Business Outlook

Pros

Inclusive Environment, Lots of interesting work, Pioneering of targeted advertisement methods

Cons

Low Salary, Job Titles are less than the work performed

3. 3.0
      Current Employee

Good company pre Covid

Apr 5, 2022 - Manager Content Marketing in Oakville, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

salary, partnerships, flexible culture, people, benefits

Cons

hours of work, inconsistency, culture, management demands, institutional legacy

Pelmorex Corp Response

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We strive to provide a positive, transparent and collaborative environment and value your input. We want our employees to have a positive experience and that also includes having work-life balance. We encourage you to reach out to your HRBP or your People Ops Generalist to discuss your concerns. Your insights are necessary in helping us achieve our goal of being the #1 place to work. Your feedback is greatly appreciated, thank you.

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

No complaints

Jan 13, 2022 - IT Service Desk Analyst in Oakville, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great place to work, room for advancement within the company

Cons

Health benefit is a bit pricey for what you get

Pelmorex Corp Response

Thank you for your feedback! We continuously review our health and benefit plans and always want the best for our employees. If you haven't done so already, we do recommend visiting the People Portal to explore other perks that are part of our Total Rewards package that you can take advantage of!

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

great place

Nov 2, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

strategy, culture, people, mission, balance

Cons

none that i can think of

Pelmorex Corp Response

We appreciate your feedback and acknowledging the reasons why you continue working with us after 9 years!

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Best work/life balance

Oct 22, 2021 - Ad Operations Specialist in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work from home. The company is very organized and provide good and friendly feedback. The CEO keeps everyone updated about the company and the decisions he is making.

Cons

It can get bored for some individuals that need new things constantly

Pelmorex Corp Response

Thank you for your feedback! We've happy to hear that working from home is one of your pros of working here at Pelmorex- we've introduced our "Choose Our Own Adventure" strategy with this goal and to give our employees the flexibility and option to choose where they work best!

7. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Nice place to work - low pay

Oct 27, 2021 - Software Developer in Oakville, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

The company has nice values and they try to live up to them. They have some good managers and people in leadership

Cons

I found that there are not a lot of opportunities for growth in the company. Unfortunately, this company does not come near the current market on pay.

Continue reading
      3 people found this review helpful

Pelmorex Corp Response

Thank you for your feedback! We are always looking for ways to help our employees with growth and development opportunities. We suggest reaching out to your manager to learn more about these opportunities.

8. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Would recommend

Oct 28, 2021 - Developer
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good leadership and clear direction. Decisions are evidence and research driven. Lots of smart individuals.

Cons

Lower level leadership not as transparent.

Pelmorex Corp Response

Thank you for your review. We're happy to hear that you would recommend Pelmorex as a great place to work. We appreciate it! We are always looking for improvements, if you have any suggestions or feedback, feel free to reach out to your HRBP.

9. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 10 years

Unrealistic targets

Oct 18, 2021 - Client Partner in Oakville, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great location. Easy for those who live west of Toronto.

Cons

Unrealistic targets. They don't work with the employees to create budgets.

Continue reading
      1 person found this review helpful

Pelmorex Corp Response

Thank you for your review. We know that employee feedback is necessary to achieve our goal of being the #1 place to work. This is why we have implemented tools such as our pulse surveys and Q&A during our bi-weekly town halls to allow each individual at Pelmorex to anonymously voice any feedback or suggestions we can acknowledge, consider, and implement. With that said, we appreciate your candid review and value your feedback on your experience as a former client partner and employee of ours for over 20 years.

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Environment that highly focused on doing the right thing

Sep 15, 2021 - Digital Media Archivist in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

Through constant innovation, Pelmorex is one of the world largest weather information providers and has broken new ground in providing data solutions and insights to businesses. My pros: - Open and transparent communication environment, including weekly meeting with our CEO. - Leadership that inspires. - In-house Learning Academy that includes offerings like French, yoga, mindfulness. - Course Reimbursement Program. - Fitness Allowance Program. - Full Medical & Health Benefits. - Personal Days in addition to Vacation time off. - Gives back to the community.

Cons

I really don't have any cons.

Pelmorex Corp Response

Thank you for taking the time to write your thoughtful review. We care for our employees and believe that people do their best work when they want to BE at work! We appreciate hearing about your experience and are glad to learn that you are enjoying our Total Rewards package and perks!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 86 Reviews

Pelmorex Corp Reviews FAQs

Pelmorex Corp has an overall rating of 4.1 out of 5, based on over 100 reviews left anonymously by employees. 81% of employees would recommend working at Pelmorex Corp to a friend and 70% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 2% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Pelmorex Corp employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.9 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Pelmorex Corp. This rating has improved by 4% over the last 12 months.

81% of Pelmorex Corp employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Pelmorex Corp 4.3 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.5 for culture and values and 3.9 for career opportunities.

Popular Careers with Pelmorex Corp Job Seekers