Paylocity Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated Jun 30, 2020

4.2
Paylocity President & CEO Steve Beauchamp
Steve Beauchamp
Pros
  • "Work/ Life balance is second-to-none(in 160 reviews)

• "The amount of money you can make at Paylocity is almost a little hard to believe especially considering you get to work from home(in 78 reviews)

Cons
  • "Growing pains without staffing to compensate for it(in 58 reviews)

• "No cons as we always work with one another to find a better solution(in 48 reviews)

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews

"Chaotic & Micro Managed"

2.0
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Paylocity full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great salary, benefits, & diverse

Cons

Marketing department is chaotic and your micro managed all the way up the chain to the CMO. Poor work life balance, always getting emails and tasks sent over late at night.

2. COVID-19

"A breath of fresh air in the tech world"

Current Employee - Engineer II

I have been working at Paylocity full-time for more than a year

Pros

Culture, Flexibility, Benefits, Compassion, Innovation I started my 100% remote job with Paylocity fairly recently. I hadn't shared on glassdoor yet but because of how they are handeling COVID019 I feel extra desire to share how amazing this company is. Paylocity is FAMILY. They value you as a person not as a means for output. They truly value transparency and are currently providing weekly executive and department chats to make sure we informed about how the COVID- 19 situation is effecting the company and all of our employees. My supervisor and manager routinely check in with me as well to make sure everyone in my family is doing well. They have told us that they will not require people to return to the office as long as the schools/childcare remains closed. They are actively making changes now to ensure they do not have to lay anyone off. Even though they were not obligated to provide extra sick days, because they are a large employer, they did it anyways! They heavily encourage to use PTO for mental health days. I have a kid and with the home schooling going on they have made sure I understood my priority should be my family and kiddo. This has reduced so much stress and allowed me the freedom to be the best person I can be in both work and home life. I am so happy I've made the jump to Paylocity. My quality of life has increased exponentially and I can't imagine going back to where I was before.

Cons

I haven't had any yet! The PTO doesn't accrue as quickly as some previous jobs I've had but I also haven't had to use it as often due to the fantastic work/life balance.

June 8, 2020Employment Branding Coordinator

Paylocity is FAMILY! I completely agree with you! We are valued as a person by our leadership with their transparency and thinking forward frame of mind. The routine check-ins are much appreciated especially now working remotely. Thank you for making the decision to join our team!

3. "good and bad"

Current Employee - Implementation Consultant

I have been working at Paylocity full-time

Pros

company tries to be a great place to work

Cons

work life balance is non existent

June 8, 2020Employment Branding Coordinator

Thank you for your honest feedback, regardless of whether it’s positive or negative, we’re always glad to hear it because we can learn from it. Like with any job, there are good and bad parts. Paylocity does deliver on being a great place to work. Work life balance can be harder during our peak times are we are working with our clients and their needs. If you’re open to having additional conversations, please reach out to your leader if you’re comfortable or your HRBP.

4. COVID-19

"By far the best company I have ever worked for!!"

Current Employee - HCM Account Executive

I have been working at Paylocity full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Leadership from the top Executive Level down to our direct supervisors truly empathize and care deeply about their employees, which is reflective in the amazing culture instilled here at Paylocity. - Having worked in this industry my entire career, it is amazing to be part of a company that is extremely forward thinking in regards to technology and solutions for both our clients as well as internally (as we also utilize our own system). Consistently striving to enhance the product, which ultimately makes our jobs easier. - People here care about the company, their responsibilities, and our clients. Having been at other organizations with sales teams that "sign and dash", we actually care about not only working with our clients in the beginning of a new relationship, but throughout their life-cycle of being a partner with us. - Full Corporate Transparency: it's funny remembering at a prior company, it was unheard of to even hear from a CEO, or even a Regional Director for that matter. Here at Paylocity, it took a week to personally meet the executive team while at the Corporate HQ. Executive Team consistently engages employees at all levels of this organization, and they truly care about our feedback to continue to make Paylocity an amazing place to be a part of. - Work/ Life balance is second-to-none. Family priorities are always put first, and it is something that is preached throughout the organization to ensure a healthy lifestyle. - Great compensation structure - A true last stop company on the resume- plan on being here for the rest of my career. - Lastly, need to compliment how great Paylocity has been during the time of an unprecedented pandemic with COVID-19. Strong remote workforce to ensure we do not miss a beat, and rest assurance that our jobs our secure.

Cons

None that I have personally come across since joining the company.

April 27, 2020Employment Branding Coordinator

YES!!! Agree completely with all that you have listed here. I too am thankful for leadership that cares about our safety and well-being during this unprecedented time. We are all in this together and looking for solutions to each new challenge will makes us better overall. “Sign and dash” is just not who Paylocity is and will never be a part of our culture. We believe in transparency from the top down as is evident in our weekly Executive Q&A sessions on Friday. Thankful to have you as part of our team.

5. COVID-19

"Amazing Company"

Current Employee - Enterprise Account Executive in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Paylocity full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Paylocity is an incredible company and has changed my life. They truly care about their employees and even during difficult times like COVID19. We have a great work life balance and opportunity with our careers based on performance. Amazing President's club locations and resorts with incredible talent all around the organization from the top down! I couldn't be more proud of a company to work for and it gets better every year.

Cons

I do not have any cons

April 20, 2020Employment Branding Coordinator

What a time we are in, right?! Our leadership has been so amazing and calm during this transition to all of us being 95% remote. It has been so smooth! They truly care about our safety and well-being in all of this. Plus, hard work is rewarded like with President’s Club. Keep up your hard work!

"Second to None"

Current Employee - Talent Acquisition Partner in Schaumburg, IL

I have been working at Paylocity full-time for more than a year

Pros

I have been working at Paylocity for 2+ years now. Not one day goes by that I have not been extremely grateful to be here doing the work I love. I have always felt that this company truly goes over and above the standard corporate expectations. Yes, I am paid very well for the work that I do, have great benefits, PTO, ESPP and 401k offered to me. But there is so much more beyond that. When it comes to our team, Paylocity truly encourages and strives for an inclusive community, career development and work-life balance. Our voice and contributions are not only recognized, but will and do make a difference. Paylocity leadership is second to none. They are visionaries with a driven purpose to provide only the very best product and service for our clients. They recognize the necessity of creating a supportive working environment for the employees that encourages and develops an individual and team spirit. Today I am especially appreciative to work for a company that leads with thoughtfulness, foresight and a true commitment to corporate citizenship. There is no doubt I surely benefit individually from this. Even beyond that, Paylocity delivers an HR/payroll product while modeling how a winning team gets things done for both its clients and employees. Isn’t that the kind of team you want to be on?

Cons

Lots of growth so if you don't like change and challenge this is probably not the company for you. For those of us who love the excitement of growth and development this is a bonus, so not considered a "con".

April 7, 2020Employment Branding Coordinator

Yes! We do have great management and lots of room for growth and advancement, absolutely!  The benefits here are also amazing. But, like you said, one must be able to change and like new challenges as these are what look for in our new talent. I think this sets us apart as it allows us to part of the process and solution. Culture is very important to us and therefore, we look for a culture fit (and someone who can positively contribute and add to what we have) each time we select a new team member. This allows us to be a leader in our industry and remain a caring company.

7. "Best Company I've Ever Worked For!"

Current Employee - Implementation Project Manager

I have been working at Paylocity full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great pay, awesome benefits and work/life balance. Remote work is encouraged, positive growth with great things in place for the future. You can't honestly ask for any more in an employer

Cons

Zero cons. This place is like a dream come true.

April 7, 2020Employment Branding Coordinator

Agreed! Paylocity is an amazing employer. There are so many perks such as the benefits and remote opportunities. The remote option is a game changer. We do have great management and lots of room for growth. Couldn’t agree with you more on this!

8. "Great Permanent Home for Engineers"

Current Employee - QA Engineer

I have been working at Paylocity full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Paylocity does an excellent job appreciating its QA engineers. Quality is important and it is evident throughout all levels of management in the organization. We are empowered to make decisions and given authority to do whatever we need to do to ensure quality in our applications. The pay is fair and the work is challenging, nothing boring about working here. We also have a great work-life balance and Paylocity is always actively seeking ways to improve the balance and ensure this place is great for everyone. I am continuously impressed with our executives and their transparency within the organization. I am proud to work at Paylocity!

Cons

Occasional long hours and context switching

April 7, 2020Employment Branding Coordinator

I am proud to work here at Paylocity too! Glad you feel the same way. We do have amazing leadership who believes in transparency to make us all better in the end. I think this is what sets us apart from other companies as Paylocity does really care and appreciate all of their team members. And, yes, there are the occasional longer hours, but it does happen depending on the project or time of year. Context switching can be tough too. As long as we stay true to our values, then Paylocity will always be welcoming place to all.

9. "Wow!"

Current Employee - Client Services Account Manager in Meridian, ID

I have been working at Paylocity full-time for more than a year

Pros

Working from home opportunities Perks like free branded swag, very often Paid time off Transparency from the CEO and other executives Growth opportunities and ability to be promoted quickly Understanding leadership Work-life balance

Cons

Not easy work Stressful position Pay increases for additional certifications are almost unattainable

March 25, 2020Employment Branding Coordinator

Who doesn’t like free Paylocity swag?! I sure do! The ability to work from home is amazing and definately a perk that allows for more of a work-life balance (or better yet, work-life harmony). Being a growing company does come with it’s advantages such as promotions and growth opportunites. All that being said, we appreciate your honest feedback that our work can be tough and stressful at times. And, those are the moments that we need our team members the most!

10. "Best place I have ever worked!"

Current Employee - Major Market Sales Executive in Downers Grove, IL

I have been working at Paylocity full-time for more than a year

Pros

Paylocity has exceptional work/life balance, a positive culture, is in high growth mode, offers unlimited career opportunities, but most of all has exceptional leadership. The "community" platform which the company uses to communicate is the best I have had at any other organization I have worked for. I can use it to collaborate with my peers, give recognition or receive recognition, see all announcements. It is mobile friendly and set up just like many other social media platforms that I am used to interacting on with my friends. :)

Cons

Learning and training seem to be one level for all incoming employees. It would be more beneficial to have an "advanced course" people can take who come from another competitor and are familiar with the HR/HCM industry.

March 25, 2020Employment Branding Coordinator

Collaboration is a must in our industry! Our “Community” product is amazing at allowing us to communicate and collaborate with other team members. This creates open lines of communication across the business and thank goodness that we can use it on our phones too! That’s how I access the app each day. And yes, we can get better with our learning and training. You make a good point because some of us are at different points in our learning. And of course, great to be bringing in the cash, that’s always a nice cherry on top!

Found 188 reviews