Paycom Employee Reviews about "long hours"

Updated Jan 20, 2021

Found 71 of over 2k reviews

4.3
Paycom President Chad Richison
Chad Richison
1,419 Ratings
Pros
  • "Helpfulness of people; the blessings of a parking garage; great benefits -(in 114 reviews)

• "Team work, catered lunches, coworkers(in 87 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Work-life balance is not the best(in 150 reviews)

• "Difficult to keep up with growth, so long hours are usually required(in 72 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "long hours"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

One of the most solid marketing departments I've been a part of

Jul 29, 2020 - Marketing Supervisor in Oklahoma City, OK
      Business Outlook

Pros

The Paycom marketing team is driven, hungry and focused on growth. If you're looking for a fast-paced, quick-turn environment, this is a great place to expand skills. Paycom is an S&P company, so the marketing is top-tier and management expects a lot of the team. It's a collaborative environment, so working across teams is a quality one must posess or be willing to sharpen. My team is light-hearted and fun, but tenacious when it comes to creating lead-driving marketing campaigns.

Cons

I'm fairly new, but I have set the expectation for my team to have after-hours and weekend boundaries to ensure a good work-life balance. I have 2 young children, so this is a top priority for me. While my group does this well, there are folks on the wider marketing team who burn themselves out by working long hours and not setting those boundaries.

Paycom Representative

Thank you for the 5-star review! Our employees make Paycom a great place to work. We appreciate your feedback as we're always looking for areas of continuous improvement. Thank you for being part of the Paycom team!

2. 5.0

Growth Oriented Environment

Apr 16, 2020 - Human Capital Management Team Lead in Oklahoma City, OK
      Business Outlook

Pros

Paycom has been a fantastic workplace. The company is focused on a feedback culture, which helps its employees learn how to effectively communicate both at work and in our personal lives. There are also endless opportunities of continued learning that is centered on industry specific knowledge, business acumen and personal/professional growth. I have learned more about business and seen the largest amount of growth in myself over the few years that I have been working for this company. In addition to the feedback and growth, Paycom takes care of its team members. Benefits, lunches, the gym, and company clubs help foster employee engagement and friendly environment. I highly recommend this company to anyone looking to be supported and challenged in their career and personal development.

Cons

Paycom pushes employees to be the best they can be and to do the best for our clients. This can mean occasional long hours, participation in crucial conversions, and stretching comfort zones. I do not consider these as cons for myself, but these should be considered when looking to develop a career at Paycom.

3. 5.0

I Love Where I Work and What I Do

Oct 17, 2020 - Tax Team Leader in Oklahoma City, OK
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Great coworkers and managers - Great benefits (On-site gym and workout classes before and after work and during lunch; $1 health insurance and many other insurances at very little cost to EEs; on-site cafeteria and $4 catered lunches everyday) - Lots of opportunities for growth; Challenging and learn something new every day

Cons

- Difficult to keep up with growth, so long hours are usually required

1 person found this review helpful

Paycom Representative

Thank you for the 5-star review! We’re happy you are enjoying our benefits and are loving where you work. We appreciate you being a part of our team!

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

A great place to work

Jan 19, 2021 - Senior Tax Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK
      Business Outlook

Pros

Fair Pay, Good benefits, $1 healthcare

Cons

Long hours during mandatory overtime

Paycom Representative

We appreciate your hard work as it will lead to great opportunities! Thank you for sharing your Paycom experience and for being a part of the team.

5. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great Company

Dec 10, 2020 - Sales Manager in Saint Louis, MO
      Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits, Commission plans, culture, short travel for sales team

Cons

Long hours, very rigid training.

Paycom Representative

Thank you for the 5-star review! We're happy to hear you're enjoying the benefits and culture Paycom has to offer. We appreciate your feedback and will share this with the leadership team.

6. 2.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Work Life Balance

Jan 20, 2021 - Sales Representative in Detroit, MI
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good pay, $1 Health Insurance

Cons

Very little work life balance, long hours, unrealistic expectations

2 people found this review helpful

Paycom Representative

We wish you the best in your future endeavors. If you’d like to provide any additional feedback regarding your time at Paycom, please reach out to feedback@paycomonline.com.

7. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Be careful

Nov 20, 2020 - Sales Representative
      Business Outlook

Pros

Pay is nice but you do too much work to really admire it.

Cons

Long hours, lots of information to know, the days are very much the same as the ones before. You are viewed as a number and not a person here. Just make sure to ask people about the life here before joining. New hires are very expendable and replaceable.

7 people found this review helpful

Paycom Representative

We appreciate you taking the time to let us know about your experience. As an employee-focused organization, we value each member of our team and strive to support their success. In a rapidly growing company, we give everyone the ability to expand their careers by offering professional and personal trainings. We would like to learn more about your experience. If you feel comfortable, please reach out to us at feedback@paycomonline.com.

8. 5.0

Rewarding, but Hard Work is Needed

Aug 2, 2020 - Senior Paycom Specialist
      Business Outlook

Pros

Company awards the employees handsomely once they become seniors. 401k and stock is awarded towards March. Affordable insurance.

Cons

Long hours and turnover is high.

Paycom Representative

Thank you for the review and feedback! We're glad to see you recognize all the benefits and opportunities Paycom has to offer. We appreciate your hard work and dedication.

9. 5.0

Great Atmosphere and Amazing People

Jan 30, 2020 - Transition Specialist in Pittsburgh, PA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Paycom is a company that truly cares about its people. The TSR department in particular is constantly looking for ways to grow and develop as individuals, offices, and as an entire department. You can always count on your feedback to be heard and implemented. The Pittsburgh office is a very tight-knight group, who gets along and works well together. If you are willing to work hard, there are a lot of opportunities for extra compensation. Management has the perfect balance of being involved and supportive but not micro-managing in projects. Overall, awesome place to work.

Cons

It is a very fast-paced environment and can sometimes involve long hours. Time management and good work-ethic are key if you want to be successful and maintain a good work-life balance!

Paycom Representative

We appreciate the great review! We're so glad you are enjoying your team up in Pittsburgh! Thank you for being a part of Paycom's success!

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Paycom Review

Jun 16, 2020 - Sales in San Jose, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Learning opportunity, financial opportunity, fun culture!

Cons

I work long hours most weeks.

Paycom Representative

Thank you for the review! We're thrilled you are enjoying the culture and opportunities at Paycom!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 71 Reviews