Paycom Employee Reviews about "catered lunches"

Updated Oct 17, 2020

Found 87 of over 2k reviews

4.3
Paycom President Chad Richison
Chad Richison
1,419 Ratings
Pros
  • "Helpfulness of people; the blessings of a parking garage; great benefits -(in 114 reviews)

• "Team work, catered lunches, coworkers(in 87 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Work-life balance is not the best(in 150 reviews)

• "Difficult to keep up with growth, so long hours are usually required(in 72 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "catered lunches"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

I Love Where I Work and What I Do

Oct 17, 2020 - Tax Team Leader in Oklahoma City, OK
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Great coworkers and managers - Great benefits (On-site gym and workout classes before and after work and during lunch; $1 health insurance and many other insurances at very little cost to EEs; on-site cafeteria and $4 catered lunches everyday) - Lots of opportunities for growth; Challenging and learn something new every day

Cons

- Difficult to keep up with growth, so long hours are usually required

Paycom Representative

Thank you for the 5-star review! We’re happy you are enjoying our benefits and are loving where you work. We appreciate you being a part of our team!

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Paycom excels at opportunity and culture

Aug 17, 2019 - Team Leader in Oklahoma City, OK
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have worked at Paycom for several years and have first hand seen the amazing growth and opportunities. If you are looking for a place to advance quickly and are a hard-worker, you can achieve your goals at Paycom and be very successful. It's by no means a job where you can skate by but Paycom recognizes the hard work we put in by providing amazing benefits, fun activities, a gym, catered lunches, etc. It is definitely a a work hard/play hard environment. The environment here is very cohesive and positive, I find that I get lots of support from senior management as well as my peers. As we continue to grow as a company, we continue to keep getting better. It's a very fast-paced job that is constantly changing so it's great for people who don't want to do the same thing every day and who like a challenge.

Cons

I wouldn't necessarily say these are cons, however it should be noted that Paycom has high expectations of its employees, is fast-paced, and requires you to give 110% every day. It is however rewarding, and if you take it seriously, you can get a lot out of it.

Paycom Representative

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. Your feedback helps us improve!

3. 4.0

Great Place to Work!

Apr 14, 2020 - HCM Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK
      Business Outlook

Pros

There are a lot of pros! The pay is #1, they pay above average for the role. The benefits are great, such as $1 health care, $4 catered lunches every day, on-site gym, and many others. Leadership has proven that they care about the employees. Your coworkers are awesome to work with.

Cons

Some times it can be stressful, but you can leave it all behind at 5pm. You don't have to stress about it at home. Some of your clients won't be pleasant to work with, but many are great.

Paycom Representative

Thank you for sharing such a nice review! We're thrilled to see you are enjoying so many aspects of your career with us, and we're proud to have you on our team!

4. 5.0

Paycom

May 14, 2020 - New Client Setup Specialist
      Business Outlook

Pros

Team work, catered lunches, coworkers

Cons

Work load, time management, overtime

Paycom Representative

We're glad you are enjoying your career at Paycom! We appreciate you sharing this feedback, and we'd love to learn more about how we can continue improving the ways we passionately support our team members. Please be sure to share any ideas you have with your leader or your HR Business Partner, and we will be sure to share this with our senior leaders. Thank you for being a part of our team and helping make Paycom one of Glassdoor's Best Places to Work in 2020!

5. 4.0

Paycom HCM Specialist

Jun 30, 2019 - HCM - Specialist
      Business Outlook

Pros

Paycom has a competitive pay/salary structure. You can earn a $6+ an hour raise within your first year. What other company offers that within the first year? The department is very metric/goal driven, which is great because you always know your success points and your pain points. There's OT available almost every weekend. The rumors are true! Paycom has catered lunches and special events for it's employees. The hard work has it's abilities to payoff.

Cons

We need people! The workload to employee ratio is definitely one sided. Because Paycom is growing rapidly, the work increases month by month, and Paycom can't staff our department fast enough. Our processes change non stop, and so you can never anticipate what your day to day is going to look like. Due to the overload of work, and the lack of employees, OT is required to meet your daily/weekly goals. Supervisors and TLs are always occupied with different projects to the point that the normal day to day duties get pushed aside. Rules and regulations are often presented, but hardly enforced.

Paycom Representative

Thank you for the review and feedback. We will share it with the leadership team. Additionally, you'll be happy to know we are actively recruiting. Don't forget about our employee referral program if you know other individuals that would thrive at Paycom! Again, thank you for your hard work and contributing to the company's success.

6. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Just another corporation - nothing special

Apr 16, 2019 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Cheap insurance, easy to be promoted, catered lunches, paycom looks great on a resume. There isn't anything exceedingly unique about Paycom that you couldn't find elsewhere but if you're looking for a stepping stone to a greater career, this is a good place to find it!

Cons

Not a great work/life balance. Had to see senator lankford in the cafe dining with the CEO. Growing way too fast as a company and the overall quality of Paycom has gone downhill significantly due to insufficient training at all levels. They will deny this I'm sure, but they "ask" employees to leave positive reviews on Glassdoor and other various job sites - so don't always believe what you read on here. You get an email asking you to please leave a review by a certain date and to let them know when it's complete. If you don't respond, they will continue to contact you until you either say no or give in and write one. They never state that it's optional and they present it as if it's mandatory and it's very much looked down upon if you don't leave a review. I would say they're abusing their power and I don't believe that is within Glassdoor's community standards.

14 people found this review helpful

Paycom Representative

We appreciate your feedback. Paycom is transparent about our commitment to continual improvement across our organization and therefore we do encourage employees to share their story on social media sites. We comply with Glassdoor guidelines in our efforts to inspire voluntary and anonymous participation. We will share your feedback with our leadership team and wish you the best in your future endeavors.

7. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great place to plant roots and grow!

Feb 12, 2020 -
      Business Outlook

Pros

$1 healthcare Catered lunches Team environment Fast growth = numerous opportunities for personal/ professional development and career growth

Cons

Work/ life balance- which has improved tremendously since I have been employed here.

Paycom Representative

We appreciate your feedback, and we will be sure to share this with our leadership team! Thank you for being a part of the Paycom family!

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Product Analyst

May 17, 2019 - Product Analyst in Oklahoma City, OK
      Business Outlook

Pros

In my opinion one of the best paying companies in Oklahoma which includes stock options, great benefits, and so many other perks. There is always room to move up in the company. I have worked here for almost 5 years and have never felt stuck in my position. The leadership in my department is incredible and not only has the voice of the customer in mind but also the voice of the employee. I am constantly learning new things each day. $4 catered lunches, on site gym and fitness classes, and so many other benefits. I can’t say enough good things about the product management department and how great the leadership is!

Cons

Getting out of the parking lot each day is tough due to traffic but it’s getting better with new exits! Some days are tough because of how busy it is but that is typically during the winter months.

Paycom Representative

Thank you for the review! We're glad to read you enjoy your career at Paycom.

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Banking Experience

Jun 19, 2019 - Banking Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK
      Business Outlook

Pros

Being able to work with people who have grit and want to work as a team is lovely. The buildings alone make working here worth the while, $4 catered lunches, a gym that is available before during and after work, our new Paycom Park,! Paycom has numerous leadership programs to help develop current employees into leadership! As well recently project manager training and Six Stigma. Paycom is taking the time to develop and grow all employees. We also love to serve our community each month we have luncheons that donate to our local nonprofits, and during end of year we have kettle program and angel trees! Paycom is a great place to work!

Cons

Not enough PTO when started. Not Christmas/ end of year bonus.

Paycom Representative

Thank you for your review and feedback!

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great place to work!

Oct 9, 2019 - Team Leader
      Business Outlook

Pros

There are so many benefits to working at Paycom, from the catered lunches to the free goodies every 3 months. They do a great job at taking care of their employees.

Cons

The only con would be it is not an easy job, so if you aren't a hard worker naturally it may be hard to adapt to.

Paycom Representative

Thank you for sharing your experience with others!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 87 Reviews