Paragon International Wealth Management Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Full-timePart-time

5.0
CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Client Services Professional"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Paragon International Wealth Management full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have been working at Paragon International Wealth Management full-time (More than a year)

Client services is pretty much the same wherever you go, but I feel supported and valued at this company, which is helpful.

Cons

Every company has its share of difficult or angry clients that client services has to work with. Management here has been supportive in training me to work with these types of clients.

2. "Nothing But Respect"

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Toronto, ON
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Paragon International Wealth Management full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I’ve worked as an assistant with several different management types here, and have never been treated with anything but respect. At other companies, you can definitely tell that they see you as an assistant and nothing more. Not so at Paragon.

Cons

There’s not really anywhere to move up to in this company if you’re not interested in managing portfolios or doing sales. But, I’m pretty happy where I am, so that’s OK with me.

3. "Pretty Enjoyable Company to Work For"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Pros

I have been working at Paragon International Wealth Management full-time (Less than a year)

Coworkers are friendly here, and it doesn’t feel like everyone is in it for themselves. Received pretty comprehensive training when I first joined the company, which is a change from other firms I’ve worked for. As always, I like the fact that I’m continuing to learn while on the job.

Cons

People are very focused on their work, and while everyone is friendly, it can be hard to connect outside of a really professional relationship.

Advice to Management

Create more opportunities for coworkers to mingle outside of meetings and the workplace so we can be even more comfortable as a team.

5. "Sales Role”"

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Toronto, ON
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in Toronto, ON

Pros

I started out as an assistant at Paragon and eventually moved into sales. Sales wasn’t something I originally considered, but I’ve grown to like my role. Room for growth here and, personally, I’ve enjoyed connecting clients with the colored diamonds they love.

Cons

This is a company that really has a passion for colored diamonds. If you’re not interested in that, you may not have as much success at this company.

6. "Friendly Coworkers"

Pros

Extremely friendly coworkers, which is a little different than my last office experience. Also, oddly enough, a tidy work area. It seems like a little thing but it makes a difference.

Cons

The atmosphere is great as well.

Advice to Management

Continue focusing on hiring staff who are committed to quality client service. Maintaining Paragon’s level of client service is really important for this company.

7. "Sales Associate"

Pros

Everyone is really helpful and it’s a nice environment to work in. Not as much weird hierarchy issues as I’ve dealt with in other offices which is great for morale.

Cons

None so far, as I’m still pretty new to the company.

Advice to Management

Continue to reinforce the long term investment potential of colored diamonds. I think this message needs to be communicated both for those customers interested in colored diamonds and actively looking and those who are hesitantly considering investing in colored diamonds.

8. "Friendly Work Environment"

Pros

Super easy commute, friendly work environment, and occasional free catered lunches for everyone in the office.

Cons

They should have more opportunities to connect with fellow staff members at happy hours or off-site events. Otherwise, I like it here.

9. "Pretty Positive Work Environment"

I have been working at Paragon International Wealth Management full-time

Pros

After the firm I was with downsized I was caught in the shuffle and needed to make a career change. I found a new home at Paragon International, where I was given a crash course in all matters colored diamond related. I learned so much in a short time. Every day is a new adventure as I learn more about buying and selling hard assets. Management is supportive and my co-workers have been welcoming and encouraging.

Cons

The company has great benefits. It is a casual, comfortable place to work with flexible work schedules and lots of work-life balance.

Advice to Management

Holiday bonuses are very much appreciated, but a sales based bonus program would perhaps boost the morale and productivity of an already outstanding team.

10. "Convenient Location"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Pros

I worked my way through college as a clerk in a jewelry shop, so when an opportunity arose at Paragon, it seemed like a natural extension of my career. Everyone should love going to work as much as I do. Also like that its convenient to where I live - no long commutes for me!

Cons

Super disappointed to NOT find a colored diamond in my stocking at the office Christmas party. (It’s a joke, I kid.)

11. "Learning Lots Here"

Current Employee - Portfolio Manager in Toronto, ON
    Current Employee - Portfolio Manager in Toronto, ON

Pros

All successful portfolio managers know how important it is to work for a company that’s truly knowledgeable about the products they offer. I’ve been working at Paragon International for about two years now and I’m consistently impressed with how everyone at the firm goes above and beyond to best meet our clients’ needs. Working with everyone from the managers to my fellow portfolio managers to the clients has been perhaps the most rewarding experience of my decade long career.

Cons

I’m drawing a blank here.