Paragon International Wealth Management Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Quality Products"

I have been working at Paragon International Wealth Management full-time

Pros

I’ve been at other firms where it wasn’t always easy to believe in the quality and sustainability of the products we sold. That is not true here. Colored diamonds are hot commodities that practically sell themselves. My role is to help guide my clients to find the stones that are right for them and their portfolios.

Cons

Great place to work! Good pay, excellent benefits, wonderful people, opportunity to advance yourself and reach your goal.

Advice to Management

Diamonds can be an investment for people from all walks of life - that message needs to be communicated on even stronger terms.

2. "Pretty Positive Work Environment"

I have been working at Paragon International Wealth Management full-time

Pros

After the firm I was with downsized I was caught in the shuffle and needed to make a career change. I found a new home at Paragon International, where I was given a crash course in all matters colored diamond related. I learned so much in a short time. Every day is a new adventure as I learn more about buying and selling hard assets. Management is supportive and my co-workers have been welcoming and encouraging.

Cons

The company has great benefits. It is a casual, comfortable place to work with flexible work schedules and lots of work-life balance.

Advice to Management

Holiday bonuses are very much appreciated, but a sales based bonus program would perhaps boost the morale and productivity of an already outstanding team.

3. "Convenient Location"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Paragon International Wealth Management full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I worked my way through college as a clerk in a jewelry shop, so when an opportunity arose at Paragon, it seemed like a natural extension of my career. Everyone should love going to work as much as I do. Also like that its convenient to where I live - no long commutes for me!

Cons

Super disappointed to NOT find a colored diamond in my stocking at the office Christmas party. (It’s a joke, I kid.)

5. "Learning Lots Here"

Current Employee - Portfolio Manager in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Paragon International Wealth Management full-time (More than a year)

Pros

All successful portfolio managers know how important it is to work for a company that’s truly knowledgeable about the products they offer. I’ve been working at Paragon International for about two years now and I’m consistently impressed with how everyone at the firm goes above and beyond to best meet our clients’ needs. Working with everyone from the managers to my fellow portfolio managers to the clients has been perhaps the most rewarding experience of my decade long career.

Cons

I’m drawing a blank here.

6. "Good Career Move"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Pros

I’ve worked in the jewelry industry in different capacities for more than 2 decades. I needed to make a career change and signed on with Paragon International Wealth Management 2 yrs ago. Learned a lot about diamonds at the firm and I consider some at the company to be real mentors. Selling color diamonds as portfolio investments is challenging and fascinating, so ultimately pretty glad I made the career move.

Cons

There are lots of very smart people working at Paragon International and that can be intimidating at times.

Advice to Management

A more robust sales incentive program would be a good addition. You have a super team here and more incentives would be a good way to retain them.

7. "Admin-Office Support"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Pros

I’m really into jewelry, esp. diamonds. So when a chance to work in the office here came up, I went for it. Surprisingly fun work atmosphere. I love it here.

Cons

How about giving us colored diamonds for Xmas bonuses? Just kidding!!

8. "Product Sells Itself"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Pros

It’s so gratifying to be able to select diamonds for clients and give them what they’re looking for. Sourcing the right diamonds is not easy, but it’s so worth it when you see a customer happy with what they purchased. It makes everything worthwhile.

Cons

I was surprised when I came to Paragon that there is a common perception among investors that they can’t “afford” colored diamonds. That’s just not true. That’s the biggest challenge I’ve found here is convincing people that colored diamonds-- except for the very rare ones -- are within reach for more investors than they think.

9. "Portfolio Manager"

Current Employee - Portfolio Manager in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Paragon International Wealth Management full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Have been working as a portfolio mgr for three years at Paragon. This is the longest I’ve ever spent with any one company. Management is great. It’s a competitive environment, but in a positive way. Co-workers are supportive and friendly too. The client base here is savvy and a joy to work with.

Cons

Very gratefully, Not really any.

10. "I have been working at Paragon International Wealth Management full-time (More than a year)"

Current Employee - Portfolio Manager in Toronto, ON

Pros

This was the career change I was looking for. I spent a lot of time working in jewelry retail and have always had a lifelong interest in diamonds, esp. colored diamonds. When I accepted the job at Paragon and moved into colored diamond investments it was a significant change for me, something I considered a step up in many ways. Being able to help investors guide their investments in colored diamonds is incredibly fulfilling - and the team I’ve worked with at Paragon are knowledgeable and motivated to be the best in the business. High complement but it’s the truth.

Cons

Diamonds are high-end investments, but investing in fancy colored diamonds can still be attainable to a range of portfolios, not just high net worth portfolios. I think this needs to be communicated more. The idea that colored diamonds are only for the high net worth is part of the public mindset. That should change.

11. "Lots of very talented, intelligent staff"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Pros

I met some of the most talented, driven professionals while working here. People that really cared about what they were doing and had a passion for their work.

Cons

There are lots of very smart people working at Paragon International Wealth Management and that can be intimidating at times.

Advice to Management

My advice: learn from all the experienced minds that are working at this company. You’ll find yourself even more driven and more capable as a team member.