Paragon International Wealth Management Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Comfortable Environment"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Paragon International Wealth Management full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have been working at Paragon International Wealth Management full-time (More than a year)

Comfortable environment to work in. I’m legitimately passionate about connecting clients with colored diamonds, so I’m biased in this review.

Cons

Like the team I work with, but with continued growth, I think we’ll need more team additions to make sure that we continue to deliver quality client service.

2. "Client Services Professional"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Paragon International Wealth Management full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Client services is pretty much the same wherever you go, but I feel supported and valued at this company, which is helpful.

Cons

Every company has its share of difficult or angry clients that client services has to work with. Management here has been supportive in training me to work with these types of clients.

3. "Sales Role”"

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Toronto, ON
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in Toronto, ON

Pros

I started out as an assistant at Paragon and eventually moved into sales. Sales wasn’t something I originally considered, but I’ve grown to like my role. Room for growth here and, personally, I’ve enjoyed connecting clients with the colored diamonds they love.

Cons

This is a company that really has a passion for colored diamonds. If you’re not interested in that, you may not have as much success at this company.

4. "Sales Associate"

Pros

Everyone is really helpful and it’s a nice environment to work in. Not as much weird hierarchy issues as I’ve dealt with in other offices which is great for morale.

Cons

None so far, as I’m still pretty new to the company.

Advice to Management

Continue to reinforce the long term investment potential of colored diamonds. I think this message needs to be communicated both for those customers interested in colored diamonds and actively looking and those who are hesitantly considering investing in colored diamonds.

5. "Friendly Work Environment"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Pros

I have been working at Paragon International Wealth Management full-time (Less than a year)

Super easy commute, friendly work environment, and occasional free catered lunches for everyone in the office.

Cons

They should have more opportunities to connect with fellow staff members at happy hours or off-site events. Otherwise, I like it here.

6. "Convenient Location"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Pros

I worked my way through college as a clerk in a jewelry shop, so when an opportunity arose at Paragon, it seemed like a natural extension of my career. Everyone should love going to work as much as I do. Also like that its convenient to where I live - no long commutes for me!

Cons

Super disappointed to NOT find a colored diamond in my stocking at the office Christmas party. (It’s a joke, I kid.)

7. "Learning Lots Here"

Current Employee - Portfolio Manager in Toronto, ON
    Current Employee - Portfolio Manager in Toronto, ON

Pros

All successful portfolio managers know how important it is to work for a company that’s truly knowledgeable about the products they offer. I’ve been working at Paragon International for about two years now and I’m consistently impressed with how everyone at the firm goes above and beyond to best meet our clients’ needs. Working with everyone from the managers to my fellow portfolio managers to the clients has been perhaps the most rewarding experience of my decade long career.

Cons

I’m drawing a blank here.

8. "Good Career Move"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Pros

I’ve worked in the jewelry industry in different capacities for more than 2 decades. I needed to make a career change and signed on with Paragon International Wealth Management 2 yrs ago. Learned a lot about diamonds at the firm and I consider some at the company to be real mentors. Selling color diamonds as portfolio investments is challenging and fascinating, so ultimately pretty glad I made the career move.

Cons

There are lots of very smart people working at Paragon International and that can be intimidating at times.

Advice to Management

A more robust sales incentive program would be a good addition. You have a super team here and more incentives would be a good way to retain them.

9. "Admin-Office Support"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Pros

I’m really into jewelry, esp. diamonds. So when a chance to work in the office here came up, I went for it. Surprisingly fun work atmosphere. I love it here.

Cons

How about giving us colored diamonds for Xmas bonuses? Just kidding!!

10. "Product Sells Itself"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Pros

It’s so gratifying to be able to select diamonds for clients and give them what they’re looking for. Sourcing the right diamonds is not easy, but it’s so worth it when you see a customer happy with what they purchased. It makes everything worthwhile.

Cons

I was surprised when I came to Paragon that there is a common perception among investors that they can’t “afford” colored diamonds. That’s just not true. That’s the biggest challenge I’ve found here is convincing people that colored diamonds-- except for the very rare ones -- are within reach for more investors than they think.