Palantir Technologies Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Found 306 reviews

3.8
Palantir Technologies CEO Alex Karp
Alex Karp

"Great company to work for but favoritism shown to certain people"

in McLean, VA

I worked at Palantir Technologies for more than a year

Pros

Insurance paid 100%, Catered breakfast, lunch and dinner. Pantry's always stocked. Free dry cleaning and haircuts - just pay taxes on it. Free masseuse and chiro on site. Dog lovers can take their pets to work.

Cons

No 401k match. Managers show favoritism and you can get fired if someone that is shown favoritism doesn't like you and requests it, they will.

Palantir Technologies2018-09-19

"great people"

I worked at Palantir Technologies full-time

Pros

cool people, very comfortable workplace, everything provided for you

Cons

work was a bit mundane

Palantir Technologies2018-10-08

"Best place for growth"

Current Employee - Deployment Strategist in London, England

I have been working at Palantir Technologies full-time for more than a year

Pros

The best opportunity for both professional and personal growth I can imagine. You'll be given real, difficult problems working with some of the world's biggest companies and have a chance to have real impact on the world. Comp (especially for Europe) is incredible and increases quickly if you're doing well. People are probably the best part about working here. I joined as a new grad and the main reason was the people I have met. Everyone is world class at what they do, but also people tend to be great personally. This obicously doesn't apply to every single person but is overall true. If you want to, you can travel the world, with all expenses paid. The product is at a really good place now and it's very cool to work with the tech available.

Cons

A lot of untrue negative press You mostly can't talk about all of the cool stuff we do

Palantir Technologies2018-09-20

"Still the best place to work for impact in the real world"

Current Employee - Product Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Palantir Technologies full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Access to important problems in the world (both in industry and government) High ownership culture, flat organization structure Travel everywhere (if you want)

Cons

No titles or pre-determined corporate ladder to climb Not a retirement home – most people enjoy and take their work very seriously Not the most cocktail party friendly industry

Palantir Technologies2018-09-08

"Palantir Review"

I worked at Palantir Technologies full-time

Pros

- A lot of freedom to explore new opportunities. Great community and high trust in employees

Cons

- Friction associated with growth of a company with no structure in place to manage this growth.

Palantir Technologies2018-08-22

"Interesting company, no growth opportunities"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I worked at Palantir Technologies full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Palantir had some good perks and great food, and there were definitely lots of smart people to learn from! Flexible working hours were good (although normally just meant longer hours, especially if you're based in London and have any team at all in the US!) Some people definitely experienced freedom to work on things that they were best at.

Cons

Unlimited holiday effectively means you don't go on holiday, as it is always too busy and there is no number of days to aim for Managers had no training or guidance. This meant that there was no focus on personal development at all, and leads often end up micromanaging as they didn't have any other insights into how to effectively guide/motivate/redirect. 'Flat structure' meant that there was some clear micro hierarchies within certain teams/areas. Little or no career progression or growth available.

Palantir Technologies2018-07-31

"Facilities Coordinator"

I worked at Palantir Technologies full-time

Pros

good perks, fun employees, challenging work

Cons

Work/life balance, 6 lead changes in 7 years.

Palantir Technologies2018-07-05

"Extremely high turn over for good reason, you can do better than Palantir"

I worked at Palantir Technologies full-time for more than a year

Pros

- The health insurance is good - Nothing else, everything they try to seduce you in with is there to keep you at work 14+ hours a day

Cons

- Salary is low-balled and difficult to increase - Culture is toxic, they expect 24/7 response time, long days, 2 people on my team got divorced within 12 months of starting work - More and more (true) negative headlines of inappropriate uses of tech

Palantir Technologies2018-07-26

"High ownership, autonomy, and opportunity for professional and character growth"

Former Employee - Deployment Strategist

I worked at Palantir Technologies full-time

Pros

Technology companies which produce inspiring products and create new things seem to be exclusively top-down (hopefully benevolent) dictatorships. Palantir is the only tech company I know of which has successfully created more than one valuable software product while maintaining bottom-up cultural model that emphasizes the great potential depth and inventiveness of the individual. The culture is close-knit and principled, and the hiring is impressively discerning. One works alongside especially entrepreneurial, freethinking, individuals who can be trusted to deliver outcomes.

Cons

The company seeks to make a difference, working in complex real-world problems, and is willing to experiment. The former matches poorly with maximizing leisure and with confining one's reasoning in the workday to a reassuringly clean, Platonic virtual environment. The latter means you run the risk of working on an experiment that fails. Still, I'd say failed experiments at Palantir are very different from failed experiments that had been the pet career bet of a typical anodyne VP / middle manager at a large tech company: the former more often than not metamorphose into critical, later-successful developments as the company begins to solve problems in a new sector of the economy; the latter are unfortunately often all sunk cost with little redeeming.

Palantir Technologies2018-06-13

"SRE at Palantir"

Current Employee - Site Reliability Engineer in London, England

I have been working at Palantir Technologies full-time for less than a year

Pros

Talent and tools - There are really smart, experienced people here to learn and grow as a tech from, we have a mix of opensource software in use which are of course transferrable and some internal tools. Any SRE can contribute to the tools and write as much, or as little code as you're comfortable with. There is a lot of opportunity to travel to different places, some SREs are rarely in the office, and some never go anything else.. Also the provided breakfast, lunch, dinner and fully stocked kitchens are also a bonus, and the onsite physio therapy, and massages. There is no micro management, I am left to my own work and no constant "check up" from a manager to "make sure I am working" but the support is still there if needed. A lot of the "work/life" issues in other reviews tend to be from Software Engineers, and not an issue with SREs (I had the same concern when starting) - the docs are surprisingly good as well.

Cons

If you like normal work "structure" ie a manager giving you tasks to do, and having regular "catch ups" to ensure you are actually working, then for you, Palantir could be a struggle.. Personally I can manage my own time, and work so this is a Pro for me.

Palantir Technologies2018-06-21