Palantir Technologies Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Found 301 reviews

4.0
Palantir Technologies CEO Alex Karp
Alex Karp
Pros
  • "smart people, great work/life balance(in 32 reviews)

• "Palantir is a place makes the rest of Silicon Valley look like it is working on toy train sets(in 18 reviews)

1. "Palantir review"

I have been working at Palantir Technologies

Pros

One of the main reasons many folks, including myself, continue to work at Palantir is due to the impact that we can have on incredibly challenges problems spaces. If you spend 5 minutes with anyone here, you'll realize that the problems we're attempting to work on are important at a categorically different scale (in terms of importance and impact) when compared to other places I've worked.

Cons

Since the environment is so unique and empowering, it can be frustrating when you encounter bureaucrats and other low-vision counterparts on your respective deployments. That may sound like a high-ego answer, but it really can be tiring switching between different environments and having to fight red tape on a regular basis.

Advice to Management

Continue to provide transparent information about the history and growth of the company; Continue to encourage Palantirians to contribute on both BD and Internal development projects; Keep pushing the BD team to work at a fast pace and never accept the status quo

Palantir Technologies2015-06-07

"Forward Deployed Engineer"

Former Employee - Forward Deployed Engineer

I worked at Palantir Technologies full-time

Pros

Lots of travel Opportunity to interact with clients Standard Silicon Valley perks, even outside of Silicon Valley Everyone here is hard-working (but read below!) Extremely good marketing

Cons

Internal politics is difficult to maneuver across the commercial umbrella. Teams have complex, implicit structures while leadership claims that teams are flat. Emphasis is put on aesthetics and impressiveness over utility in certain teams, and especially in early teams ("pilots"). Little opportunity for software development. This is not usually a software development role. Little opportunity for analytics. This...

Advice to Management

Clarify team structures, and focus more on long-term success rather than short-term gains. Hire more subject matter experts.

Palantir Technologies2016-05-16

"It was really really good"

I have been working at Palantir Technologies

Pros

Lots of smart people to learn from and people are not scary. Lots of interesting work and many people have different backgrounds.

Cons

No cons except if you are scared of everyone then it might be bad since one cannot talk to anyone which would affect performance

Palantir Technologies2015-01-26

"Good perks, full-time employees need to get over themselves"

Current Employee -

I have been working at Palantir Technologies full-time

Pros

Good food Intelligent people to work with Nice space Friendly

Cons

Middle management is a mess. There has been many unnecessary conflicts due to incompetence in middle management. Workers are extremely full of themselves and must always emphasize that they are the "best". QE feels the need to emphasize their "importance" while devs blame their errors on others. I repeat; devs are always blaming others!!! While there are great people at Palantir, there are also cliques that like to "party...

Advice to Management

Stop promoting incompetent leads.

Palantir Technologies2013-05-24
  5. "Good company to work for but intense"

Former Employee - Executive Assistant

I worked at Palantir Technologies full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great people, office perks & benefits

Cons

No work - life balance

Palantir Technologies2019-08-07

"Challenging place to work, in good and bad ways"

Former Employee - Software Engineer

I worked at Palantir Technologies full-time

Pros

Engineers that are talented both technically and in terms of product intuition, very difficult and important application areas.

Cons

Working long hours is necessary for job advancement. Difficult to speak about your technical work publicly, which makes it hard to be part of the broader engineering community.

Palantir Technologies2019-07-30

"A good place to learn engineering practices, difficult to rise through the ranks"

Former Employee - Lead Software Engineer in New York, NY

I worked at Palantir Technologies full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Interesting engineering problems, collaborative work environment, good pay & benefits

Cons

Rising through the ranks relies on internal politics & networking

Palantir Technologies2019-07-07
  8. "Great People, Hard Hours"

Current Employee - Forward Deployed Engineer

I have been working at Palantir Technologies full-time for more than a year

Pros

Awesome people to work with. Fun problems. Nice perks.

Cons

Long working hours, and high pressure situations.

Palantir Technologies2019-06-14

"Extremely exciting place to work"

Current Employee - Software Engineer

I have been working at Palantir Technologies full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Incredible colleagues - Fast pace - High impact

Cons

- Requires everyone to be self-driven, so if you're not naturally that way, it can be a difficult place

Palantir Technologies2019-06-05

"Dysfunctional, toxic, and on the wrong track"

Current Employee - Deployment Strategist in New York, NY

I have been working at Palantir Technologies full-time for more than a year

Pros

Autonomy, responsibility, and exposure to companies and sectors of the economy. Could be an incredible company under the right leadership.

Cons

Poorly run company, led by novices. Structured poorly. Highly political. No upward movement. Constantly shifting strategy (or lack of it). Shady approach to gov work. Highly non transparent. Terrible product stability. Excessive churn on all fronts. Just so much to fix, but don't trust the people to fix it.

Advice to Management

Go out and hire the very best in the business. Open up your ranks. Hire a CTO, a CFO, a head of sales, a CPO, etc.. You've done an amazing job getting us here - now let others with the right experience help us go further. We're held back because you're attacking a space that's been figured out (enterprise software) that you treat like a brand new segment.

Palantir Technologies2019-07-05