Palantir Technologies Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Updated Oct 15, 2019

3.9
Palantir Technologies CEO Alex Karp
Alex Karp
Pros
  • "smart people, great work/life balance(in 32 reviews)

• "Palantir is a place makes the rest of Silicon Valley look like it is working on toy train sets(in 18 reviews)

1. "Palantir review"

I have been working at Palantir Technologies

Pros

One of the main reasons many folks, including myself, continue to work at Palantir is due to the impact that we can have on incredibly challenges problems spaces. If you spend 5 minutes with anyone here, you'll realize that the problems we're attempting to work on are important at a categorically different scale (in terms of importance and impact) when compared to other places I've worked.

Cons

Since the environment is so unique and empowering, it can be frustrating when you encounter bureaucrats and other low-vision counterparts on your respective deployments. That may sound like a high-ego answer, but it really can be tiring switching between different environments and having to fight red tape on a regular basis.

Advice to Management

Continue to provide transparent information about the history and growth of the company; Continue to encourage Palantirians to contribute on both BD and Internal development projects; Keep pushing the BD team to work at a fast pace and never accept the status quo

Palantir Technologies2015-06-07

"Forward Deployed Engineer"

Former Employee - Forward Deployed Engineer

I worked at Palantir Technologies full-time

Pros

Lots of travel Opportunity to interact with clients Standard Silicon Valley perks, even outside of Silicon Valley Everyone here is hard-working (but read below!) Extremely good marketing

Cons

Internal politics is difficult to maneuver across the commercial umbrella. Teams have complex, implicit structures while leadership claims that teams are flat. Emphasis is put on aesthetics and impressiveness over utility in certain teams, and especially in early teams ("pilots"). Little opportunity for software development. This is not usually a software development role. Little opportunity for analytics.... This is not usually a data science role. In many teams 60 hours is the norm, not the exception. Quality and morale suffer. Palantir is not a startup -- there is no "lottery ticket", so 60 hours should not be the norm. Work is client-specific, and is not usually challenging, innovating, or exciting. There is little room for learning/growth. Certain teams could be more collaborative and open. I had to go out of my way to get constructive feedback here than at other similar companies. Many of these same teams do not have knowledge of the areas they work in, and are proud of their ignorance. Palantir insists it has a flat corporate structure. It exists, it's just implicit. The pro-bono work Palantir highlights is not indicative of the work most people do. Though Palantir is also not as evil as some people seem to think... Pay for full-time positions is below market rate.

Advice to Management

Clarify team structures, and focus more on long-term success rather than short-term gains. Hire more subject matter experts.

Palantir Technologies2016-05-16

"It was really really good"

I have been working at Palantir Technologies

Pros

Lots of smart people to learn from and people are not scary. Lots of interesting work and many people have different backgrounds.

Cons

No cons except if you are scared of everyone then it might be bad since one cannot talk to anyone which would affect performance

Palantir Technologies2015-01-26

"Good perks, full-time employees need to get over themselves"

Current Employee -

I have been working at Palantir Technologies full-time

Pros

Good food Intelligent people to work with Nice space Friendly

Cons

Middle management is a mess. There has been many unnecessary conflicts due to incompetence in middle management. Workers are extremely full of themselves and must always emphasize that they are the "best". QE feels the need to emphasize their "importance" while devs blame their errors on others. I repeat; devs are always blaming others!!! While there are great people at Palantir, there are also cliques that like to... "party hard and go drinking" and brag about it in the workplace quite obnoxiously.

Advice to Management

Stop promoting incompetent leads.

Palantir Technologies2013-05-24
  5. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Product Reliability Engineer in New York, NY

I have been working at Palantir Technologies full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great culture at Palantir Technologies

Cons

I haven't encountered any cons yet

Palantir Technologies2019-09-22

"Interview process is a popularity contest"

Former Employee - Human Resources Specialist

I worked at Palantir Technologies full-time

Pros

Interesting workplace, good salaries, the London office is in a good location.

Cons

Lack of transparency in hiring processes means that people are recruited based on whether the Palantir people who interviewed thought they could be BFFs, with duplicitous reasons then given for not hiring someone when they have the skills. I was told that I didn't know enough much about Palantir and didn't 'look' like they wanted to work there. This was quite a laughable and bogus piece of interview feedback when I... have researched their company extensively and had previously flown to Palo Alto from London and met people at HQ. I also asked extensive questions about the company, in as much as they would reveal.

Advice to Management

Be mindful of the fact that your company had to settle an anti discrimination case due to its unfair hiring processes and make necessary changes. If you want an interesting, skilled and diverse workforce, then perhaps not all of your staff will be the cool kids from high school. Also speed up your hiring processes so that it is only trust fund kids supported by mom and dad who can apply while they are hanging out... and not needing to work anytime soon.

Palantir Technologies2019-10-15
  7. "Great people"

Current Employee - Forward Deployed Engineer

I have been working at Palantir Technologies full-time

Pros

- Some of the smartest people you'll ever work with. - Great opportunities to travel and work on a variety of problems. - A lot of people on Glassdoor are saying the pay is low. I disagree, I think it's fair. Company bonuses every year are generous, you get free food all week (breakfast, lunch, dinner), and you can live rent-free if you agree to deploy away from your home country. - Plenty of opportunities to... work from home.

Cons

- Work can sometimes be a bit mundane, even if the problem spaces the company is working in are interesting. - Work life balance can sometimes be a bit rough before deadlines.

Advice to Management

Keep the interview process rigorous and difficult

Palantir Technologies2019-09-03
  8. "Average"

I worked at Palantir Technologies full-time for more than a year

Pros

Get more free time..and good environment friendly location

Cons

Average processing time and not looking good food

Palantir Technologies2019-09-05
  9. "Great Company"

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant

I worked at Palantir Technologies full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Benefits were outstanding - Great people, most were helpful and happy to answer questions

Cons

- Not a great work/life balance (but manageable).

Palantir Technologies2019-08-27
  10. "Good company to work for but intense"

Former Employee - Executive Assistant

I worked at Palantir Technologies full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great people, office perks & benefits

Cons

No work - life balance

Palantir Technologies2019-08-07