Paladin Security Group Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Updated Mar 26, 2020

4.0
Paladin Security Group President & CEO Ashley Cooper
Ashley Cooper
Pros
  • "It is fun to go to work every day, especially knowing that the company stands by their promotion-from-within mission(in 16 reviews)

• "gt; Best free training programs for security staff which are very helpful(in 16 reviews)

Cons
  • "Low pay compared to other security companies that do equal/less work(in 27 reviews)

• "Pay was barely above minimum wage for working hospital security where you had to deal with mental health patients(in 13 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Wonderful people and toxic-free workplace"

I have been working at Paladin Security Group full-time

Pros

Paladin has set a toxic-free culture that encourages growth of employees. My co-workers are happy individuals who are motivated to go to work all the time. Bosses are supportive of our endeavors. They monitor us closely as they can and provide assistance. A nice place to establish a stable career.

Cons

The job can be quite tough sometimes. It is a must to stay critical minded.

Paladin Security Group2020-03-02

March 4, 2020Digital Coordinator

Thank you for you awesome review! Our company’s success depends not only on our vision and service, but also the people who carry this out day in and day out. Keep up the great work!

Continue reading
  2. "Paladin has got the basics covered and more"

I have been working at Paladin Security Group full-time

Pros

Where do I start - uniforms, training, help with licensing, competitive salary, benefits and flexible hours. You just don't get this from any security company. I've been working here for 4 years and no major complaints. Sups are great and fellow security guards are all professionals. People take their jobs seriously. This has also given me pride in what I do, no longer feel just a security guard. Being part of Paladin has given me job security.

Cons

Long shifts, weather gets awfully cold too

Paladin Security Group2020-03-25
  3. "Helpful management"

Current Employee - Concierge Security in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Paladin Security Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Management is very responsive. If you have any problems they are sure to help.

Cons

Work ethic of certain individuals.

Paladin Security Group2020-03-26
  4. "A pretty good company to work for"

Current Employee - Receptionist

I have been working at Paladin Security Group full-time

Pros

I like the stability and consistency in our processes. Everything is well-managed and thought-out. Managers keep their promises and pay attention to employee concerns, I can work at my own and be responsible for the results produce. The pay and the benefits are nice.

Cons

Keeping the balance between working independently and in a team.

Paladin Security Group2020-03-20
  5. "Good pay, good sites, nice uniforms"

Current Employee - Security Guard in Burnaby, BC

I have been working at Paladin Security Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

I was well trained when I started and they offer continued training if I want to upgrade my license or first aid. The sites are good and its a laidback work environment. Competitive pay, and you’re provided with nice uniforms. There’s good communication from upper management, and they’re flexible with scheduling.

Cons

So far none that have come up

Paladin Security Group2020-03-11
  6. "Dedicated team, brilliant management"

Current Employee - Patrol Officer

I have been working at Paladin Security Group full-time

Pros

Good pay within the industry. Reputable name on my resume. The work itself is challenging and demanding. You should be able to build good and reliable relations with your co-workers and partners. You should also have an eye for detail and be a highly organized person. I have found this workplace a great fit for my experience and skill set.

Cons

You need to work independently whenever needed.

Paladin Security Group2020-03-07
  7. "Great"

Current Employee - Security Officer in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Paladin Security Group part-time for less than a year

Pros

Team work Connecting to HR is easy and available 24/7

Cons

None so far. Best till now

Paladin Security Group2020-03-04
  8. "Employee-centered"

Current Employee - Security Guard in Burnaby, BC

I have been working at Paladin Security Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

There is a reason behind the company’s good reputation. The management hires the best and then provides thorough training to help you become even better as a specialist. The work culture is respectful. If I have a concern or want to share feedback, my supervisors are always there to listen to me.

Cons

They set you up for success by providing guidance and training. The rest depends on you.

Paladin Security Group2020-02-29

March 4, 2020Digital Coordinator

Thank you for your feedback! It is highly important for us to focus on fostering a corporate culture that allows our employees to thrive and grow. If you ever have any questions or issues, your supervisor and ECC are there for you every step of the way.

9. "Flexible"

Current Employee - Security Guard in Windsor, ON

I have been working at Paladin Security Group part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

If you're a student, they're really flexible with work hours

Cons

dealing with drunk people sometimes can be annoying(depending on where you work)

Paladin Security Group2020-02-26

March 4, 2020Digital Coordinator

Thank you for your feedback! We pride ourselves in accommodating shift schedules, and are grateful to hear you appreciate and recognize this. Being a Security Officer often involves tough tasks, and we appreciate all your hard work!

10. "Highly supportive"

Current Employee - Receptionist in Burnaby, BC

I have been working at Paladin Security Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

They are serious about their employees’ professionalism and competence. As a result, I have team members who are talented, hard-working, willing to grow as specialists and easy to communicate with. With the help of my immediate supervisor I learned about my weaknesses and strengths and was able to develop my skills beyond what I assumed was possible.

Cons

I don’t really have anything to write here.

Paladin Security Group2020-02-24

March 4, 2020Digital Coordinator

Thank you for sharing! Providing a supportive, professional, and respectful culture for our people is something we constantly strive towards. We are happy to hear you have been able to enhance your skills and learn new ones since joining Paladin.

Found 511 reviews