Pacific Dental Services Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated Jun 1, 2020

3.4
Pacific Dental Services President Stephen Thorne
Stephen Thorne
Pros
  • "I loved how I was able to work on a project that actual dentists could use in the field to positively impact their practice(in 49 reviews)

• "Training in CAD/CAM CEREC dentistry(in 37 reviews)

Cons
  • "There is so much turnover in management and associate dentists and false promises from the beginning(in 64 reviews)

• "Work life balance in some departments can be non existent(in 58 reviews)

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Okay to start"

2.0
    Current Employee - Front Desk Receptionist in Surprise, AZ

I have been working at Pacific Dental Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

Entry level Promotions (if you know the right people) Gain knowledge

Cons

No work-life balance Lack of care for employees Stagnant

"okay place to work"

Former Employee - Assistant in Kansas City, MO

I worked at Pacific Dental Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

great dentist, great patients, rewarding helping people

Cons

Lots of office gossip, no work life balance, terrible manager

"Eh, itll do"

Former Employee - Operations Manager Trainee in Houston, TX

I worked at Pacific Dental Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

-flexibility if you're liked enough -meet good people and patients -OT while in training status because you're hourly. (they say its for 3-4 months but that's a joke. More like 6-12 months)

Cons

-fraud, that's why they hire people with no dental experience so they can beleive whatever they're told from the company and its people -upcharging patients -salesman for treatment -favoritism, if you want to get in the "good graces" with upper management party and gossip with them -"training program" is a joke -minimal work/life balance, be prepared to be there from sun up to sun down -LIED about "bonus" , most of the offices are in debt and before you see any real money all of the debt must be paid back

4. "Supervisor (support)"

Former Employee - Leadership

I worked at Pacific Dental Services full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Positive, Good benefits, growing, philanthropic, good values and vision. Company has heart.

Cons

Not all departments fall in line with the CEOs vision. Department heads can be very cut throat and care more about their own success than the wellbeing of the patients or practices as a whole. Work life balance in some departments can be non existent. With the exception of come in early, stay late, work days off and heavily pushed to not utilize your vacation unless it's urgent.

"Poor leadership/High Turnover"

2.0
    Former Employee - Dental Assistant in Dallas, TX

I worked at Pacific Dental Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good benefits, ability to transfer to another office if needed, competitive pay

Cons

Poor leadership, they use threat of unemployment as a motivator rather than genuine support or additional personnel or compensation. High turnover with doctors and management staff . Terrible work life balance. Un realistic expectations on hours worked, production was pushed over quality and safety.

Continue reading
  6. "overall great company, would refer others to work here in a heartbeat"

4.0
    Current Employee - Operations Manager in Henderson, NV

I have been working at Pacific Dental Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

great career grown and opportunities, culture with integrity, tactful upper management, great bonus structures, lots of empowerment and engagement

Cons

demanding on work/life balance, below par health benefits, 401k matching could be better

Pacific Dental Services Response

January 29, 2020People Services

Thanks for your honest review! We appreciate all that you do and are committed to your continued career growth and success.

7. "Great benefits, hours are great, lots of room for career advancement"

5.0
    Current Employee - Benefits Coordinator in Denton, TX

I have been working at Pacific Dental Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

Two medical insurance options, ppo plan with a 1750 deductible, after that they cover 70% with an out of pocket max of 5,000. They have an HMO plan with an HSA card matched by employer. 401k is employer matched as well. Dental discounts are great, they offer every voluntary benefit you could think of (pet insurance, legal insurance, long/short term disability, etc.) Vision plan is good as well. They are willing to move you to an office you work in best, and from what I've seen in my year there, very invested in building employees up and promoting. Personally, my office does not allow overtime, so no work/life balance issues.

Cons

I wish cash paying patients had larger discounts.

8. "Management had no dental experience"

Former Employee - Dental Assistant in Lakeland, FL

I worked at Pacific Dental Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

Pay/benefits are decent depends on your history.

Cons

No work/life balance Long hours

"RDA"

1.0
    Former Employee - Rda

I worked at Pacific Dental Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great to get your foot in the door to the dental world.

Cons

Unethical place of business. I was asked numerous times to lie to patients. You are told a work event is mandatory but do not clock in for it and you would not be getting paid for it. On multiple occasions we would run out of supplies NEEDED to run a dental office and would be told to make do. The regional manager had no clue how to manage or lead. I along with other DA’s went to our Regional manager in confidentiality with a HUGE problem, only to have our names used. You are demanded to work long hours with no regards to your family at home waiting for dinner til after 9pm. It’s one thing if it’s an emergency and a procedure ran over. But to over book your schedule multiple times a week because you are so money hungry. In my time with the company I would help out at different offices and all but 1 of the lead DAs was super lazy. Most doctors were kind but others would belittle you and throw things across the room in front of patients. If you are all about work, work, WORK this place is for you. However if you want any type of life outside of work, this is not the place. You miss dinners with your family and children’s functions. If you get the chance to leave this company DO IT! Your work life balance will be so much better.

"Truth about PDS"

Current Employee - Rda in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Pacific Dental Services full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Is a job that pays bills. Is that is what you need They are always hiring! Take a while guess why !

Cons

managers are extremely condescending do not want to hear what you have to say. All they care about is money, money and did I mention money.! Late hours and frequently no lunches They always talk about how important you are. Come to realize that yes ! You are important but to stay late and finish that last crown or 2 Upper management don’t care about the employees either. You see them once in a while and don’t even say hello. The look at you up and down and keep on walking. But as soon as they see one of the doctors. Oh my god, they want to give them their first born. No opportunities to move up. Because they need assistants so bad. That once you start as an assistant, they don’t want to let you grow and move up. No work life balance. They work you to dead

Found 77 reviews