Pacific Dental Services Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Updated 7 Dec 2019

3.3
Pacific Dental Services CEO Stephen Thorne
Stephen Thorne
Pros
  • "I loved how I was able to work on a project that actual dentists could use in the field to positively impact their practice(in 45 reviews)

• "I have been a Dental Assistant for over 9 years and never thought that I would still learn so much in dentistry with so much of excitement(in 36 reviews)

Cons
  • "Management will constantly sit you down to give you lessons about dental treatment planning even though they aren't dentists(in 63 reviews)

• "You have to be cognizant of what it takes to create a good work life balance, but that's largely dependent on your skill set as a manager(in 52 reviews)

"5 years of employment!"

Current Employee - Lead Dental Assistant

I have been working at Pacific Dental Services full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Career growth and employment opportunities.

Cons

Traveling for meetings and ctc parking

Pacific Dental Services2019-11-27

"Great values and great people"

Current Employee - Operations Manager in Denver, CO

I have been working at Pacific Dental Services full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Values, business support, technology, competitive pay & benefits

Cons

Some travel required, extended hours and weekends

Pacific Dental Services2019-11-23

"Very Friendly Professional Environment"

Current Employee - Senior Graphic Designer

I have been working at Pacific Dental Services full-time

Pros

The hiring process was very simple and straight forward. The office is very modern with lots of natural light and business casual. From the interview process to my first few months on the job everyone has been very friendly, personable, and professionally courteous. PDS is looking for good talent and are willing to take care of their people so there are lots of opportunities. There is also a culture of excellence and a positive vibe here every day. People will try to get to your name very quickly too so, again, it is very warm and friendly.

Cons

Parking is very limited so if visitor parking is taken, make sure you park on the street because you will get a warning if you park without a pass. I think you can also walk into the front office and get a guest pass but that would mean you have to park with your hazards on and come back.

Pacific Dental Services2019-11-20
  4. "Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Pacific Dental Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great work culture, values employees and their development, patient focused, community friendly, strives to be innovative in technology, and strives to continuously improve in all aspects of business.

Cons

Parking is limited. Coffee/tea could be a little better.

Pacific Dental Services2019-11-21
  5. "Good company culture & development"

Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Pacific Dental Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

-Mentorship -Encouragement to own your career development -Wellness perks, especially the EAP benefits and mom's programs -the opportunities to volunteer throughout the year. You can even volunteer with the mobile dental clinic as a non-clinician - they'll find something for you to do.

Cons

-A few departments can seem isolated from others -Have come across some entitled employees - in honesty, you'll come across people like that anywhere and it's up to you to figure out how to work with people like that. -Onboarding can be a little confusing. You have to call around to find the right person to talk to about enrolling in benefits, for instance.

Pacific Dental Services2019-11-21
  6. "Fast growing organization"

Current Employee - Anonymous in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Pacific Dental Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

A great organization that provides an opportunity to develop professionally and grow your career. Leadership listens and provides solutions to problems.

Cons

Need more parking spots.

Pacific Dental Services2019-11-21
  7. "Great Private Practice Model in a DSO"

Current Employee - Associate Dentist

I have been working at Pacific Dental Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

Benefits, Support, Mentorship, CE, Culture

Cons

Production based, heavy on referral to specialists

Pacific Dental Services2019-11-21
  8. "Training and Growth!"

Current Employee - Operations Manager in Denver, CO

I have been working at Pacific Dental Services full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

I started as a receptionist and worked my way up to Operations Manager. The training and mentor ship I received was excellent.

Cons

some long hours are required

9. "Positive"

Current Employee - Dental Assistant

I have been working at Pacific Dental Services full-time

Pros

Good co workers: benefits

Cons

Little slow during the holiday hours

Pacific Dental Services2019-11-19

"12 years! One Employer! Endless Career Growth!"

Current Employee - Manager, Dental Assistant National Strategy and School Relations in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Pacific Dental Services full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Pacific Dental Services has provided a platform for both my personal and professional growth over the last 12 years. From Dental Assistant Extern to Manager of Dental Assistant National Strategy and School Relations. The career growth has been endless and is continuously championed by all levels of management and clinicians! I look forward to spending the next 12 years and more with Pacific Dental Services.

Cons

National Support Center Parking

Pacific Dental Services2019-11-11