Pacific Dental Services Reviews

Found 1,048 of over 1,095 reviews

3.3
Pacific Dental Services President Stephen Thorne
Stephen Thorne
Pros
  • "Great company to grow with the doctors(in 57 reviews)

• "I loved how I was able to work on a project that actual dentists could use in the field to positively impact their practice(in 49 reviews)

• Cons
  • "no paid time off, poor work life balance(in 70 reviews)

• "You have to use one of their dentists and you’re basically forced to pay for PPO medical insurance(in 68 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Featured Review

What a great company!

Mar 23, 2021 - Owner Dentist in Gilbert, AZ
      Business Outlook

Pros

The higher levels of the organization are all about Autonomy, Mastery, and Purpose and about Healthier, Happier Patients.

Cons

Not all offices are the same.

2 people found this review helpful

People Services

Thank you for submitting your review. We appreciate all you do for your patients and team members. PDS values your feedback and we want you to know that creating a healthier and happier workplace remains a top priority.

2. 4.0
      Current Employee

good review

Jun 3, 2020 - Data Analyst
      Business Outlook

Pros

it is a good place

Cons

there is nothing bad about it

3. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

An inspiring, tough, but enjoyable experience that has taught me more about myself, and pushed me to improve myself.

Jul 3, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

This was my 1st step in a professional job setting. The culture behind the company of being a part of something bigger, and helping people as much as they can was inspiring. The people I worked with have all been amazing givers of both time and kindness. The leadership goal of always improving puts a pressure on you that highlights your individual importance and impact on the office. The monthly bonus incentives range from $100-$500 if met!

Cons

The work itself is very time-consuming and mundane. Not every interaction between patients are good ones either because of lack of trust in billing, unforeseen circumstances, or because some people are just not like you. If understaffed/undertrained the work load can become very difficult to manage in under 40 hours. Mentally draining when training, or if you’re just getting into Dental. It wasn’t until 6 months in I felt comfortable with being by myself and closing.

1 person found this review helpful

People Services

We appreciate you taking the time to write this review. We want you to know that we’re listening. We are committed to constantly improving our organization and remain focused on providing a healthy work-life balance for all our valued team members.

4. 2.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Overworked and understaffed

Aug 2, 2021 - Receptionist
      Business Outlook

Pros

The office staff is fine, some have sticks up their butts. The pay is decent for an entry level job

Cons

Everybody is overworked and understaffed. I sat at a computer watching training videos for 8 hours for an entire two weeks. Don't bother asking for help because everybody is too busy to even train you. Tx that they pull from their butts is sus especially for hygiene. Don't even bother asking for vacation time because when you come back you'll be doing grunt work for a week.

5. 5.0

Great company

Jul 28, 2021 - Operations Manager in Scottsdale, AZ
      Business Outlook

Pros

The company is amazing! It’s inclusive and the ability to grow in each position is limitless

Cons

Work life balance may be the only down side but having worked in retail I’m used to the long days

6. 5.0

Best Dental Company Ever

Jul 21, 2021 - Operations Manager in Nashville, TN
      Business Outlook

Pros

Caring upper management. Financially and personally rewarding.

Cons

At times long hours. Communication could be better.

People Services

Thanks for taking the time to write a review. We love reading about positive experiences from our team members .

7. 1.0
      Former Employee

Dishonest pay practices

Jul 2, 2021 - Registered Dental Hygienist
      Business Outlook

Pros

Schedule was always full. That provided stable, reliable work hours.

Cons

My cons are based on the particular practice I worked at. The cons also change depending on management, management as well as the entire staff at pds changes constantly. A revolving door at its finest. PDS does not care about individual employees or patients. It is all about the production numbers. Hygienists are given a low hourly rate and told that they will make more as they bonus. However, the bonus structure is the worse set up you will ever see. They track retention of srp patients and average daily production. Bonus for hygienists is based on both of those and it is the worse, most disadvantageous set up possible. PDS furloughed hygienists during the pandemic and sent an email informing of significant pay cut once back to work. The work itself will consist of being a cleaning robot. That of course leads to being burned out, not to mention the pressure to produce by doing srps, irrigations, laser and more.

1 person found this review helpful
    8. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Very frustrating environment for RDH

Feb 17, 2021 - Registered Dental Hygienist in Overland Park, KS
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great and welcoming onboarding experience Ok training at first Cooperative environment Great benefits Lots of locations I believe in the vision and mission of the company and its founder

Cons

Gets very hectic and inefficient They hire managers from retail that get a taste of power and ruin teamwork Managers and other team members without clinical expertise and education dictate your treatment decisions Not knowing what your schedule will look like - EVER You’ve got to be flexible, even if you get tired and burned out because of the amount of work thrown at you from all directions (Example: probe NP in room 4, FMX in X-ray room, clean room 5, laser and irrigation in room 1 because the DDS didn’t have time to finish it, clean my own op and sterilize a ton of instruments, help other team members that are barely making it themselves - ALL while my PMV patient is waiting and I’m running behind) After doing many tough SRPs a day, you’re expected to clean the office before you go home (yep, as in cleaning service) because PDS does not pay for a cleaning service They contributed to my burn out with long hours and significantly harder work than a typical private practice Pay is equivalent as in private practice, BUT you will work longer and harder No work life balance

2 people found this review helpful
    9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Great career potential

Jul 11, 2021 - Regional Manager in Denver, CO
      Business Outlook

Pros

Ability to grow with organization. Training We Believed

Cons

Some people way too focused on money. Money comes with staff happiness

10. 4.0
      Former Employee

new region, “under construction”

Jul 10, 2021 - Dental Assistant in Woodbridge, VA
      Business Outlook

Pros

health benefits, job security as far as hours acquired. OT.

Cons

high turnover, low payouts, traveling position with slim to none mileage pay.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 1,048 Reviews