Pacific Dental Services Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

2.9
Pacific Dental Services President Stephen Thorne
Stephen Thorne

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "My work life balance has vastly improved since switching" (in 19 reviews)

• "They give back to the community with many events they sponsor i" (in 28 reviews)

Cons
  • "Depending on your manager they will work with you to customize a better work/life balance" (in 50 reviews)

• "Upper management is no good here & if you want to move up in the company, they don’t care" (in 38 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Truly the greatest Dental company...."

Current Employee - Operations Manager in Rancho Mirage, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Operations Manager in Rancho Mirage, CA (US)

I have been working at Pacific Dental Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Support from senior management, robust training and development from industry leaders. There is no other organization that gives you access to the latest technology in the industry, there is no other organization that provides you with the tools to succeed. If you apply yourself, you will be successful. I am truly blessed to be given the opportunity to work under the leadership and direction of my RP and RM.

Cons

None at this time.

Advice to Management

Continue to inspire and motivate, leading by example.

11 Apr, 2019 – People Services

Thanks for the awesome review! We love reading about positive experiences from our team members and are glad that you're taking advantage of the training and technology provided by PDS. We are... More

2. "Great growing energetic environment"

Current Employee - Management in Irvine, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Management in Irvine, CA (US)

I have been working at Pacific Dental Services full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Incredible growth opportunity. Company is doing interesting things. You really feel like you are helping people get access to better healthcare in neighborhoods across the country.

Cons

Things never slow down. Company expects a lot of itself and holds itself to very high standards.

Advice to Management

Keep up the growth-- good things come from growth.

3. "Pay"

Former Employee - Registered Dental Assistant
    Former Employee - Registered Dental Assistant

I worked at Pacific Dental Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great atmosphere for the most part

Cons

Nothing was bad during my time

4. "Love Pacific Dental Services"

Current Employee - Operations Manager in Encinitas, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Operations Manager in Encinitas, CA (US)

I have been working at Pacific Dental Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have been with Pacific Dental Services for 3 years and am still thrilled to be apart of such an amazing and dynamic company. If you have the drive to succeed, PDS is a wonderful opportunity. I advanced quickly through roles with PDS, as they love to promote from within. If you're looking for a company that offers growth and resources to help advance your career, PDS is an amazing company that will offer you that. The culture of the company is fantastic and engrained into each part of the business we do.

Cons

None. I plan to keep working with PDS for years to come!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing! Our support is amazing at PDS.

11 Apr, 2019 – People Services

Thank you for sharing your positive feedback on Glassdoor. Operations Managers like yourself, are an essential part of keeping our PDS supported offices thriving and we want to thank YOU for all the... More

5. "Pacific Dental Services"

Current Employee - Benefits Coordinator in Fontana, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Benefits Coordinator in Fontana, CA (US)

I have been working at Pacific Dental Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great benefits, great training programs & fair sick/vacation/8 hours volunteer paid.

Cons

Small growth potential within company. Bonuses are taxed 43.5%, all while employees are overworked and underpaid.

Advice to Management

Pay employees based on their individual value. Allow those with potential to grow in the company instead of trapping them in low paying roles.

6. "No WorkLife Balance"

Former Employee - Receptionist
    Former Employee - Receptionist

I worked at Pacific Dental Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Nice coworkers, good time off policy

Cons

Patients are allowed to swear and threaten you and management will still have a "patient first" attitude. Pay is not great, minimal training provided but you will get in a ton of trouble for any mistakes you make. Will be required to work 55+ hour weeks regularly with no notice before you have to stay late and one day notice before you have to work a Saturday. Basically just plan for it to be your whole life.

"Overall Good"

Current Employee - Operations Manager in Ontario, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Operations Manager in Ontario, CA (US)

I have been working at Pacific Dental Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Working in dental and getting to interact with employees and patients. Fun network to be a part of. Provide a lot of general training. Great opportunity for new dentists to get experience and dentists who move into ownership have opportunity to make a lot of money.

Cons

More money/profit driven than doing right by patients.

8. "OM"

Current Employee - Operations Manager
    Current Employee - Operations Manager

I have been working at Pacific Dental Services full-time

Pros

Great training , decent money

Cons

Managing clinicians and there fluctuating expectations

11 Apr, 2019 – People Services

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We'd like to hear more from you and share with you some resources that could assist you in regards to managing expectations with your team members and/or... More

"Don't be fooled by these positive reviews. Read the real ones on INDEED."

Former Employee - Sweat Shop Assistant in Las Vegas, NV (US)
    Former Employee - Sweat Shop Assistant in Las Vegas, NV (US)

I worked at Pacific Dental Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you can tolerate being used and abused. micromanagement and discrimination then you can receive a 401k match at 3% and medical and dental.

Cons

Management favoritism. Lazy employees get better raises, Gossip, Discrimination, Drama, less than 50 cents a pay raise a year for non-friends of management. You either work a 12 hour day and NO break or you work 4 hours. Do not care about employees and their health, ZERO work life balance. Always be ready to come in on your day off and if you can't expect a write-up. The more you tattle the higher up you will advance. ZERO front desk prep for patients for the back. All this company cares about is money and how much they can get. Employees don't get bonuses even though they say you do. If you do its very rare!!! Basically, you are a no name no face body to help the company take over the dental game. DONT APPLY HERE. They said they did a company survey to help advancements and work on things but the main complaint was management and they did nothing about it. ALL employees felt the survey was a waste of time and no one was listened to and 90% of people hate working at this company. Do not apply here unless you like to feel very under appreciated.

Advice to Management

Nothing will change because your friends higher up will keep you in this position and belittling everyone underneath you.

11 Apr, 2019 – People Services

Thank you for sharing your experience online. We appreciate your transparency. The survey results were very helpful for our management/support teams and we are incessantly working on streamlining... More

"Poor Leadership from Regional Executive"

Current Employee - Multi Unit Manager in Boston, MA (US)
    Current Employee - Multi Unit Manager in Boston, MA (US)

I have been working at Pacific Dental Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

In some regions, it's great. Really just depends on the culture of the region you're in. My negative experience is exclusive to the MA region.

Cons

The Regional Partner in MA is not at all to be trusted. When people raise issues of compliance or ethical concern, he summarily dismisses them. He does not care if the offices have turnover or how that impacts the patients. He doesn't take any accountability for the doctors he brought on who all left within their first 3 months due to his poor management and lack of support under his direction. Turnover isn't a concern at all. So if you're an employee, don't trust anyone on the Regional level.

Advice to Management

Establish additional criteria to become an RP apart from whether they will put in enough money to open or keep a region afloat. Look into their people management skills and develop them to work with others as opposed to taking a dictatorial approach.

11 Apr, 2019 – People Services

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We are concerned about your current situation. Please send People Services an e-mail - welisten@pacden.com so we can help resolve the issues you are... More