PURE Canadian Gaming Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Updated 18 September, 2017

Full-timePart-time

4.4

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • I started working for Pure Canadian Gaming since 2010 and have gone to school meanwhile to expand my horizons (in 7 reviews)

• Fast-paced and dynamic work environment (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • Decent starting wage for minimal requirements, but basically no chance for advancement/raises, and will soon be a minimum wage job once Alberta goes to (in 3 reviews)

• No cons that I have seen so far (in 3 reviews)

1. "Server"

Current Employee - Server in Edmonton, AB
    Current Employee - Server in Edmonton, AB

I have been working at PURE Canadian Gaming part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Can able to learn other aspects of the job and develop other skills

Cons

Working late but can manageable

Advice to Management

Stay being friendly

2. "Lethbridge Casino Jobs"

Current Employee - Line Cook in Lethbridge, AB
    Current Employee - Line Cook in Lethbridge, AB

I have been working at PURE Canadian Gaming part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Friendly work environment, lots of training which leads to a lack of stress, skilled managers and assosciates

Cons

Large staff can get confusing

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work and bringing positive energy to your employees days

18 Sep, 2017 – President and CEO

Hello "Lethbridge Casino Jobs". I'm glad to know that the staff in friendly and that training is emphasized. We will definitely continue to bring positive energy to the work place.

3. "Great company and great people"

Current Employee - Food and Beverage Supervisor in Edmonton, AB
    Current Employee - Food and Beverage Supervisor in Edmonton, AB

I have been working at PURE Canadian Gaming full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The F & B Manager as well as the General Manager are so nice and approachable. I will definitely enjoy working at the Casino Yellowhead. People working at Casino yellowhead are very friendly, they show positivity to everyone they meet.

The HR Coordinator is also very friendly and approachable. He made the orientation fun for the newly hired employees like me.

Benefits given to full timd employees

Cons

I can't say anything negative about the Casino.

28 Aug, 2017 – President and CEO

Hello "Great Company and Great People". Thank you for your responses. I happy to know that your experience thus far has been positive, and your coworkers and management have been optimistic... More

5. "Great place to work"

I have been working at PURE Canadian Gaming part-time

Pros

Happy environment and fun to work at

Cons

you can work late

28 Aug, 2017 – President and CEO

Hello "Great place to work". Glad you have experienced the happy environment. Since we stop gaming services at 3a, you can definitely have late hours.

6. "Working here"

Current Employee - Table Games Dealer
    Current Employee - Table Games Dealer

I have been working at PURE Canadian Gaming part-time

Pros

Good environment and everyone's really friendly

Cons

Late nights but that's a part of the job

18 Aug, 2017 – President and CEO

Hello "Working Here". I'm delighted to know that everyone is friendly and you enjoy the environment. Keep up your good work.

7. "Pure Info"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB

Pros

Easy steps solid questions looking forward to working with pure.

Cons

I have none looking forward to starting.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

18 Aug, 2017 – President and CEO

Hello "Pure Info". Look forward to hearing more from you once you have formed an opinion.

8. "Don't work here"

I worked at PURE Canadian Gaming full-time

Pros

This job should only be used in desperate times or as a stepping stone to something better

Cons

This is the worst company I have ever worked for. It looks great when you read the reviews on here but they often sound like they are fabricated to make the company appealing and the CEO look better. Don't be conned. Long term loyal employees frequently get terminated for minor infractions and these days only Filipinos are being hired to replace. Try not to make it so obvious HR - do you get a head hunting bonus?! Wages are sub par. Any raises of late have been due to the increase in minimum wage and not PURE's generosity or recognition of your loyalty to them.
    PURE cheaps out when it comes to managers and directors too. They will hire one to do the job of two. They would like you to believe that they promote from within but in reality they will hire the slough off from other casinos before considering your promotion.
    They often run skeleton staff to save money which means guests wait longer for service for food and drinks and slots and table games. Never enough Security around. Same with Monitor - and they get ZERO training.

Advice to Management

Cue CEO George fashioning a statement that lays the blame at MY feet for the toxic work environment at PURE, while taking no responsibility that he has for years hired on managers and directors without doing proper checks on their employment background and whether they have the know-how and the people skills to do their jobs effectively. Here is my advice: stop letting good staff walk out the door in favour of advice from poor managers/directors, pay your staff better, hire first nations, caucasians, chinese etc - not just Filipinos. Here's betting you have a huge increase in maternity/paternity leaves coming up....Step up the training for Security and Monitor so they can do their jobs better. And George get out of your office and engage the staff at all levels, at all sites, so you can find out what is really going on.

11 Sep, 2017 – President and CEO

Hello “Don’t Work Here”:

Thank you for your feedback. I’m sorry to hear you that had a negative experience with us and I would really like to understand more about the serious issues you raise in... More

9. "Atmosphere with other co-workers is awesome"

Current Employee - Table Games Dealer in Lethbridge, AB
    Current Employee - Table Games Dealer in Lethbridge, AB

I have been working at PURE Canadian Gaming part-time

Pros

Everyone treats other team members like family especially the CEO of the company. I have been employed there now for 7yrs.

Cons

Hard to juggle if you have another full time job. But in the department I work in sometimes they do not say thank you for a job well done.

Advice to Management

Always have an open door policy.

30 Jun, 2017 – President and CEO

Hello "Atmosphere with other coworkers is awesome". I am so pleased when I read that you feel like family. Work can be/is so enjoyable when you look forward to coming into the casino and know that... More

10. "Casino Yellowhead...Amazing Company...Amazing Leaders..Amazing Staff"

Current Employee - Slot Attendant in Edmonton, AB
    Current Employee - Slot Attendant in Edmonton, AB

I have been working at PURE Canadian Gaming (Less than a year)

Pros

My first time to experience a company of this kind. My interview process was conducted by two awesome managers. They're both very pleasant with welcoming attitudes and I had an ardent wish to work with them at that moment. The next interview was with the admirable and very pleasant vice president. Orientation process was conducted by an awesome and eloquent HR person. The orientation process was a great help since it gave me an idea about the goal of the team I am joining. Comes the actual day of action...training...managers, supervisors, co-workers were all very pleasant ,supportive and very helpful that made me feel excited to come back the next day. The phenomenal part of this company...TEAMWORK here is very, very ROBUST. You can see and feel each and everyone's dedication to their task whether they belong to the gaming department or not, to deliver a splendid experience to all guests and I can see guests satisfactions since most of them are cheerful too, so it's a chain reaction. My observation to the magnificent characteristic of this company has a great impact with the warm, down-to-earth and dazzling leadership of the Pres. and CEO

Cons

Nothing I can think of.

30 Jun, 2017 – President and CEO

Hello "Casino Yellowhead...Amazing Company...Amazing Leaders...Amazing Staff". Admirable, pleasant, welcoming, awesome, eloquent, supportive, helpful, excited, dedicated, belonging, satisfaction... More

11. "Server Interview"

I have been working at PURE Canadian Gaming part-time

Pros

They had many different incentives that I haven't encountered before in food and service. They stressed a lot about pro-employee which makes me more comfortable.

Cons

They do have high standards and as much as I believe I can meet them, it is a little nerve wracking.

Advice to Management

I definitely would like the opportunity to meet the department heads all together.

5 Jun, 2017 – President and CEO

Hello "Server Interview". I'm glad you had a positive interview experience. When you build relationships with those who hold you to a higher standard, you will develop. Enjoy your work at Pure and... More