PURE Canadian Gaming Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

4.3
Rating Trends Rating Trends
PURE Canadian Gaming President & CEO George Goldhoff
George Goldhoff

Pros
  • There is always a chance to move forward at pure Canadian gaming, and to get more experience in short period of time, and helpfull training (in 7 reviews)

• a challenging, ever evolving and rewarding work environment (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • No cons that I have seen so far (in 3 reviews)

• As well - they lower the hand pays in slots and hire more part time slots attendants' but then cut the operating hours on the floor (in 3 reviews)

1. "A great team and company to be a part of."

Current Employee - Assistant Food and Beverage Manager in Lethbridge, AB
    Current Employee - Assistant Food and Beverage Manager in Lethbridge, AB

I have been working at PURE Canadian Gaming full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-a challenging, ever evolving and rewarding work environment.

-great support system and leadership from senior management and head office.

-there are so many opportunities for training and knowledge sessions. It's very nice to be with a company who invests in their employees to better them and the service provided.

-different departments of the casino work with each other to cross promote and ensure successful promotion and execution of all events.

-several different awards and recognition to celebrate outstanding employees.

-the new menu is outstanding, and the amount of support and training available to ensure a successful launch was second to none.

-different entertainment and events every weekend makes Casino Lethbridge an exciting place with lots of options for our guests.

-overall an outstanding workplace.

Cons

-it can be a challenge to attract new talent to fill vacant positions at times in a small city like Lethbridge. However, I feel there is a plan and fresh ideas in place to overcome this obstacle.

Advice to Management

Thank you and I look forward to continuing my career with Pure Canadian Gaming.

20 Apr, 2017 – President and CEO

Hello "A great team and company to be a part of". I am encouraged by your enthusiasm regarding the training, support, marketing and overall environment. I agree that recruiting in a small city can ... More

2. "stress free environment"

Current Employee - Slot Attendant in Edmonton, AB
    Current Employee - Slot Attendant in Edmonton, AB

I have been working at PURE Canadian Gaming full-time (More than a year)

Pros

people here are nice and very helpful. flexible hours and friendly staff and management. stress free environment.

Cons

so far everything is great.

14 Apr, 2017 – President and CEO

Hello "Stress Free Environment". Glad to know that you have made friends at Casino Edmonton with coworkers and management, and that you appreciate the flexibility with your schedule. All the best. ... More

3. "Workplace atmosphere and leadership"

Current Employee - Security Manager in Calgary, AB
    Current Employee - Security Manager in Calgary, AB

I have been working at PURE Canadian Gaming full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Strong leadership became quite evident early on in the interview process before I was offered a position. Suzanne and Sam demonstrate excellent communication styles and both took the time to get to know me during my interview. I also had an opportunity to speak with the CEO, George Goldhoff after my initial interview and quickly observed that he was a progressive and dynamic leader.

Respect and teamwork rule the day at Casino Calgary. I was quickly accepted into the casino family and I appreciate how everyone works together. I enjoy going to work every day and that would be difficult to do in a negative environment.

Cons

None identified at this point.

14 Apr, 2017 – President and CEO

Hello "Workplace Atmosphere and Leadership". I am delighted to know that your initial months at Casino Calgary have been positive and that communication has been effective. I am even more excited ... More

5. "Casino Yellowhead Employee"

Current Employee - Supervisor in Edmonton, AB
    Current Employee - Supervisor in Edmonton, AB

I have been working at PURE Canadian Gaming full-time

Pros

I have been working here at Casino Yellowhead for a long time and still having great time working with my co employees. The management looks after their employees so well. Great opportunities.N

Cons

No Cons at the moment

Advice to Management

None

30 Mar, 2017 – President and CEO

Hello Casino Yellowhead Employee. Thanks for acknowledging management's caring, and glad to know that you have great opportunities. Keep up your optimistic spirit.

6. "great experience as IT"

Current Employee - IT Helpdesk in Edmonton, AB
    Current Employee - IT Helpdesk in Edmonton, AB

Pros

everyone is easy to get along with a really good enviroment

Cons

noticed there was no people mentioned on the safety board

3 Mar, 2017 – President and CEO

Great Experience as IT. Glad you are finding the environment so positive. Thanks for noticing the safety board had no names on it. We will rectify!

7. "My personal experience"

Current Employee - Part-Time Server in Lethbridge, AB
    Current Employee - Part-Time Server in Lethbridge, AB

I have been working at PURE Canadian Gaming part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Uplifting staff that makes the best of their situations, having the hours that i am in need of, the many different faces you see day to day that i get to know as well as the regulars. Being able to have a personal connection with strangers that make you feel welcome and at home. We get to give the same service back. Building relationships with the work staff that will make any bad day better. Most people don't want to leave home to go to work, Casino Lethbridge is a welcoming workplace wanting you to come to work. We are selective with the staff that we hire in food and beverage, in depth interviews making sure we have the best fit for our department.

Cons

With being picky with our staff being able to get time off is difficult if not booked in advance. Uniform is sometimes a sticky situation with us providing everything except our pouches. Long hours drag on with the repetitive schedules, can get old quickly. Most staff doesnt think about others, leading to some tension and disliking with peers.

23 Feb, 2017 – President and CEO

Hello My Personal Experience. I am delighted to read your comments regarding the rigorous screening process, and how you endeavor to create personal relationships with our guests. I understand that ... More

8. "Pure Lethbridge Review"

Current Employee - Food and Beverage in Lethbridge, AB
    Current Employee - Food and Beverage in Lethbridge, AB

I have been working at PURE Canadian Gaming full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great customers, excellent staff and great new menu! They provide benefits for full time staff which is great! Incentive programs to reward staff.

Cons

More staff are needed and more of support team work needed. Customers would like to see management help the staff out more.

Advice to Management

Develop ongoing training sessions for staff and different options to keep them engaged in their work while leading by example.

23 Feb, 2017 – President and CEO

Hello Pure Lethbridge Review. First, thank you for your loyalty and good work at Casino Lethbridge. I agree with you regarding your comment that management's primary responsibility is to assist the ... More

9. "Unimpressed employee"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lethbridge, AB
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lethbridge, AB

I have been working at PURE Canadian Gaming full-time

Pros

The people that I work with are great. We have really good times and are usually able to make work enjoyable while still completing the tasks at hand. The job itself is not difficult and pretty stress free.

Cons

Currently our upper management team has been going out of their way to ensure no fun is had at all which just creates miserable employees who do not want to be there which reflects poorly on customer service. Another thing that is garbage is the fact that their is no wage gap basically. You can get moved up and promoted but don't expect an increase in wage as this casino is too cheap to raise all wages when minimum wage increases. That's great incentive to want to stay with the company and move up..

Advice to Management

This is strictly to upper management as I adore all my immediate managers/supervisors but learn to treat your employees better. The turnover rate in this casino has been ridiculously high in the short amount of time I have worked for it.

30 Jan, 2017 – President and CEO

Hello "Unimpressed Employee". I happy to know that you enjoy working with your fellow employees and immediate supervisors, and that the job is not difficult and stress-free. As you may be aware ... More

10. "great place to work"

Former Employee - Games Dealer in Edmonton, AB
    Former Employee - Games Dealer in Edmonton, AB

Pros

great people to work with

Cons

poor rate of pay, no recognition for performance

Advice to Management

increase wages

12 Jan, 2017 – President and CEO

Hello "Great Place to Work". Glad to know that you had a positive experience when you where a dealer at Pure. I am proud to acknowledge the significant wage increases that we implemented in the ... More

11. "Dream Job!"

Current Employee - Surveillance Operator in Lethbridge, AB
    Current Employee - Surveillance Operator in Lethbridge, AB

I have been working at PURE Canadian Gaming full-time (More than a year)

Pros

An experience beyond any 9-5 job. Fun and excitement in a fast paced entertainment field. Exceptional customer service.

Cons

There is no down side.

29 Nov, 2016 – President and CEO

Hello "Dream Job". Thank you for the enthusiastic comments. I agree; casinos are the best business in the world. Keep up your spirit.