PROS Employee Reviews about "smart people"

Updated Apr 9, 2020

4.3
PROS President and CEO Andres D. Reiner
Andres D. Reiner
Pros
  • "Supportive environment, diverse, inclusive workforce, lots of very smart people accustomed to working in a collaborative team based mode(in 27 reviews)

• "PROS truly appears to be an employee-centric employer who considers the employee's work-life balance in a tangible way(in 22 reviews)

Cons
  • "The promotion guidelines are not clear also there is no clear career path for the employees(in 11 reviews)

• "While most people have good work-life balance, I have seen some teams get very overloaded for extended periods of time(in 10 reviews)

Reviews about "smart people"

Return to all Reviews

"Lots of potential, but more to do"

No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at PROS full-time

Pros

Good amount of Autonomy on certain things. Pay reasonably well. Some very good/smart people to work along side. People truly care about customers and providing the best solution to the market. Some of Mgt. care about employees. Good free snacks.

Cons

HR is non-existent. Management style can be micromanage which leads to inefficiencies. Need to improve how things get done and address strategy void. Many in Mgt don't know any better as they haven't worked elsewhere.

PROS2018-12-11
  2. "Great company to work for, in a hot market, driving digital transformation"

Current Employee - Senior Account Manager in Rye, NH

I have been working at PROS full-time for less than a year

Pros

Supportive environment, diverse, inclusive workforce, lots of very smart people accustomed to working in a collaborative team based mode.

Cons

What the company does is complex so the learning curve can be a bit steep, but the company has great LMS and Sales Enablement resources to help out

PROS2020-04-09

"Anonymous"

1.0

I have been working at PROS full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

A lot of very smart people that I enjoy working with and that they finally have an intelligent, highly qualified CPO, instead of the fool they had before.

Cons

The Leadership Team is constantly changing, which worries me about the stability of the company. Also the environment is very political.

PROS2020-01-11

"Difficult CYA Culture"

2.0
    Former Employee - Vice President Sales in Houston, TX

I worked at PROS full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good salary and benefits, smart people. Incredible product.

Cons

From the top down leadership is heavily invested in the next scapegoat, which drives a often toxic culture. They are not connected with the reality of the market and prefer to "continue the beatings until morale improves".

PROS2019-07-08

"Experience varies by department, and varies by manager."

Current Employee - Generic Tech

I have been working at PROS full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Pay is decent. Location is nice. Bonus is nice. There are very smart people here.

Cons

Some departments are great, but others are horrible. Good people quit bad bosses. Before making the decision to accept the job offer, look closely at your future manager.

PROS2019-07-01

"Great Company, Great outlook"

I have been working at PROS full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Free snacks, free drinks, free extra lunch from meetings all the time, quarterly company sponsored happy hour, company sponsored team outing, PROS will also move into a brand new office space this year. Lots of diversity groups that are constantly involved in the community. Work with tons of smart people that support each other who are positive and encouraging 401k match, generous PTO maternity leave, sick time, Employee company stock purchase at a discount, laptops and flexible work life balance CEO is genuinely a good person who personally helped pick up employees who were stranded during Harvey!

Cons

Politics and uneven workload distribution in certain groups. HR could see some improvements, for example when we changed HSA provider employees have to submit the paperwork themselves when this can easily be done automatically through HR on a more mature system.

PROS2019-02-27

"Great people, great company, great technology, great growth..."

I have been working at PROS full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

PROS has not only very smart people, but also very good people that treats each other with respect and supports each other. We have kept up with technology trends and this has truly helped my career

Cons

If you want to challenge yourself and grow, this is a great place. We are moving very fast, which is why we are growing and having so much success, but we all work hard for it

PROS2019-02-21
  8. "Good company to work for"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Paris

I have been working at PROS full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Casual and good atmosphere in the offices with smart people PROS Solutions provide great value for our Customers Significant focus on the EMEA market

Cons

PROS as a brand is not yet enough known in EMEA

PROS2018-12-14

"Great environment"

I have been working at PROS full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

PROS fosters a great environment of people that are invested in positive interactions. Teams work well internally as well as with other teams. The technical challenges are interesting, and there are many smart people to learn from and be mentored by.

Cons

Vacation is use it or lose it with no rollover, which is nice in that it forces you to use your vacation. However, it would be nice to roll over, perhaps a maximum of 1/2 of total vacation, to allow wiggle room, especially around end/beginning of year.

PROS2018-11-28

"The people make the company"

4.0
    Current Employee - Product Manager in Houston, TX
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at PROS full-time for more than a year

Pros

PROS has flexible hours, gives you the opportunity to work remotely in most positions, and supports a good work-life balance for most teams. We have incredibly smart people here, so there is always someone to learn from. There are many employee-led events like Chinese New Year, a Diwali celebration, and a Home Brew contest.

Cons

There is a lack of diversity in upper management, but it does seem like they are working on the issue. I've seen people that are not good people managers get promoted to being people managers. This is not great for keeping talent. While most people have good work-life balance, I have seen some teams get very overloaded for extended periods of time. Again, this is not great for keeping talent.

PROS2017-11-02