PNC Financial Services Group Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

PNC Financial Services Group Reviews

Updated 20 April, 2019
4,555 reviews

3.4
PNC Financial Services Group President and Chief Executive Officer William S. Demchak
William S. Demchak
1,711 Ratings

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "Managers can sometimes struggle with work life balance" (in 126 reviews)

• "Middle managers could buy-in to upper management initiatives" (in 153 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Great Friendly Company"

I worked at PNC Financial Services Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people working there are very friendly and always willing to help out.

Cons

Some of the Development processes are slow, they are still trying to transition from Waterfall method to Agile

2. "Decent"

Former Employee - Loan Processor
    Former Employee - Loan Processor

I worked at PNC Financial Services Group full-time

Pros

Salary, overtime as an option, and ability to remote in

Cons

Work/life balance , hours, and benefits

3. "Excellent company with a people first culture that is apparent in every aspect of the job."

Current Employee - Assistant Branch Manager in Monroeville, PA (US)
    Current Employee - Assistant Branch Manager in Monroeville, PA (US)

I have been working at PNC Financial Services Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Before I started at PNC, I had been trying to get a job here for over 6 months. I was previously in the retail sector and wanted a better work life balance, as well as a better place to start a career. I got that and then some. I am blown away by the culture that is present at PNC. The managers are so inclusive and so open to greet new employees with open arms. The culture is an all encompassing melting pot that that is designed to bring out the best in people. The success of each individual person is placed in their own hands and is driven by the winning and caring culture. I have had a few jobs and I can honestly say that I go into work every day ready for the next challenge. I have been working for PNC for 2 months and I plan on making a career out of it!

Cons

The only Con is that I did not start working for PNC earlier than I currently have.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great culture and customer/employee oriented environment!

4. "Good Place to Work"

Current Employee - IT Project Manager
    Current Employee - IT Project Manager

I have been working at PNC Financial Services Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good Salary, Very Specific Project Management Process

Cons

Lots of project documentations, and conflicting processes

5. "PNC BANK- CSS at Wealth"

Current Employee - Customer Service and Sales Representative in Bridgewater, NJ (US)

I have been working at PNC Financial Services Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

You may be a number to the company but you are a person to your senior managers. As long as you do your job no one gives you a hard time. This position is a 9 to 5 Monday through Friday so it definitely gave me the work-life balance I needed. Decent insurance with 401k match at 4% and you can open an IRA. You can max out at 2 different loans against 401k for emergencies. Tons of training that will prepare you for the next step in your career.

Cons

When I was transitioning it took them 3 months! Between interviews and having the systems unlocked for my new position. Apparently, it takes longer for internal hires. Also, someone with my extensive experience should be compensated. I bring a lot of value to this position and I think I may even be overqualified. They need to consider this.

Advice to Management

Pay your employees more. You claim that you have to offer higher salaries to attract new talent but how about retaining well trained, trustworthy and committed employees? You even made a statement that even we want a higher salary we should switch positions, but how is this possible if you have limited positions open AND you still pay less than the industry average. I love you guys but you're breaking my heart PNC! And I am not the only one who thinks this!

6. "Former teller supervisor and universal banker"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative

I worked at PNC Financial Services Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Banker hours, Saturdays off, 2 weeks paid vacation which increases to 3 after a year of service, paid holidays, company match at 4 % contribution, ability to move up fast

Cons

There is a pressure to sell anything and everything to those that we know are not in a good place. It always seemed like I was taking advantage of customers. Selling is understandably part of the job, but we were pressured to do things like push credit cards on people we knew had bad credit and no money.

Advice to Management

Realize that truly looking out for the customers financial well being means maybe giving up a sale and finding other ways to help them.

7. "great culture"

I have been working at PNC Financial Services Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

client friendly, good products and services

Cons

branch banking can be stressful

"Great place to grow"

Current Employee - Assistant Manager
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager

I have been working at PNC Financial Services Group full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Extensive training to further career

Cons

Promotions don’t really want to pay

9. "Good place to start a career in banking/financial services"

Former Employee - Customer Service Associate
    Former Employee - Customer Service Associate

I worked at PNC Financial Services Group full-time

Pros

You learn a lot and meet alot of great people

Cons

A huge focus on selling. Customer service and doing a good job comes second to meeting your sales goals with opening accounts and credit cards

10. "Good First Step"

Current Employee - Pnc Bank Teller
    Current Employee - Pnc Bank Teller

I have been working at PNC Financial Services Group part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Professional Environment
    Develops Administration Skills
    401 K

Cons

Environment
    Work Life/ Home Life
    The job can be very mundane