PATH Employee Reviews about "non profit"

Updated Feb 27, 2020

4.0
PATH President & CEO      Steve Davis (no image)
Steve Davis
Pros
  • "It is a work environment filled with a diverse set of people from various backgrounds(in 19 reviews)

• "Compelling mission led by some of the best leaders in global health from multiple sectors(in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • "Short term funding , it is much depending donor funding trend(in 13 reviews)

• "In actuality half of them hasn't worked anywhere but PATH or similar non-profit organizations(in 10 reviews)

Reviews about "non profit"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Assisted with social media and website management."

Former Intern - Communications Intern in Seattle, WA

I worked at PATH for less than a year

Pros

It is a work environment filled with a diverse set of people from various backgrounds. The work is interesting and allowed me to see the ins and outs of the non-profit world.

Cons

The work load could be slow at times and there were days that felt dull.

PATH2020-02-27

"Needs help"

2.0
    Former Employee - Director

I worked at PATH full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good benefits, including retirement match and vision insurance Some great people that are both knowledgeable and passionate about the work

Cons

Oh dear- where to start? I guess at the top- The Executive team only has 1 woman and 1 person with experience at another organization working in international development. None have worked for another non-profit, but all are "passionate about the mission"- it would be great to have people that are also experienced in non-profit management. The company is very Seattle-focused. If you are not in Seattle (where the entire Executive team is based), then it will be difficult to inspire improvements or change.

PATH2019-10-14

"Instability and politics"

2.0
    Current Employee - Manager
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at PATH full-time for less than a year

Pros

Pay is competitive for a non profit. Org attracts talent so there are many intelligent, driven staff.

Cons

Politics lead over productivity. Very high turnover. Extremely unstable. Lack of solid leadership.

PATH2019-09-29

"Worst culture I have ever seen"

1.0
    Current Employee - Business Development in Seattle, WA

I have been working at PATH full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

None, some people are nice. Its not worth taking a job here

Cons

Everyone is extremely passive aggressive. Salaries are project driven so people are like scavengers. Also everyone thinks they are the experts of every topic. In actuality half of them hasn't worked anywhere but PATH or similar non-profit organizations. Mission is good, but it's a colonization mentality, surprised this hasn't been shed light in the media. Stay away from PATH

PATH2019-08-24
  5. "officer"

Current Employee - Officer in Hà Nội

I have been working at PATH full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

non profit or, work for the people

Cons

employment term is based on project

PATH2019-05-09

"World class experts, phenomenal impact, top heavy"

Current Employee - Program Assistant in Seattle, WA
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at PATH full-time for more than a year

Pros

-World class expertise -High impact in global health -Lots of opportunity to move up, learn new positions -Competitive pay for a non-profit -New and exciting technologies and health innovation -Global presence -Humanitarian mission

Cons

-Top-heavy executive team -High turnover in executive team -Fundraising/funding issues -Unstable global health and development environment. Lots of change.

PATH2019-05-03
  7. "Great organization to work for!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at PATH full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great experience overall. Worked in financial services at PATH as an assistant for my first job out of University. Lovely, smart, mission-driven colleagues and a good atmosphere. Lots of training provided and opportunities for growth.

Cons

As such a big non-profit, if you're working in finance at HQ, it can tend to feel too far away from the positive impact of your work.

PATH2019-03-04

"Great Experience"

I worked at PATH full-time

Pros

Autonomous work style. Many opportunities to get involved and hands on work. Opportunity to impact others across the globe and give back in a meaningful way.

Cons

I would guess it's the same with most non profit orgs...resources are spread thin and funds are scarce. If comparing pay alone to for profit companies there is a difference of about 20%. If you are not in a place where you can sacrifice pay, I would not recommend PATH.

PATH2017-09-11

"Incredible mission and great people! Complex environment"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at PATH full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

PATH has an amazing mission and has made important global health impact over its 40 year history.

Cons

The non-profit funding and management environment can be complex. At times it is harder to get things done at PATH than it should be and aligning incentives can be a challenge

PATH2017-07-19

"Great Org with Good Culture"

Former Employee - Executive Assistant in Seattle, WA

I worked at PATH full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I thoroughly enjoyed my time working at PATH. I only left to be a stay at home mom and even went back multiple times when my schedule allowed for some flexibility. I would recommend the organization to anyone looking to work for a non profit that does tangible work and makes a real difference in the world.

Cons

During my time there was a shakeup in management, which wasn't much fun, but seems to be more stable now.

PATH2017-01-03