Oxford Properties Group Reviews

Updated Jun 26, 2020

3.7
Oxford Properties Group President and Chief Executive Officer Blake Hutcheson (no image)
Blake Hutcheson
Pros
Cons
  • "sometimes work long hours and work life balance is not too good(in 7 reviews)

• "Work/life balance is an issue, however senior management is aware and working on it(in 5 reviews)

1. "I feel lucky to work for this company!!"

5.0
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Brossard, QC

I have been working at Oxford Properties Group part-time for less than a year

Pros

Very close to human company, I feel really lucky to work for them! They listen to their employees and they put them at the front!

Cons

I've been working for them for less than a year, everything is great, I have no cons to say, and I'm being 100% honnest, it is an EXCELLENT company to work for, and I've been working for other company in real estate before!

Continue reading
  2. "Good people, great place to work."

Current Employee - Digital Analyst in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Oxford Properties Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great people to work with.

Cons

Very busy the majority of the time.

3. "Did not live up to expectations"

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Oxford Properties Group full-time

Pros

- Room for growth - Great location & amenities

Cons

- Work culture, long hours

4. "Could of been better"

1.0
    Current Employee - Security Professional in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Oxford Properties Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Overtime : 16 hours of overtime per week. Something you wouldn't find anywhere else security wise. Arrests : Yes it's true we make alot of arrests here, not as much as you would if you were LP but it will help you in 'experience' and such. Benefits: Very generous benefits Short shifts: 8 hours shifts, compared to the industry's standard 10-12. Free Stuff And Food: Some Restaurants give you free food if they like you, sometimes you can get 1-on-1 hookups/services at stores like starbucks, Donato Salon etc if you are nice. Sometimes big stores will give discounts to all guards. *Hiring Advantage*: We are preferred Candidates for Toronto Police and it's other services including Toronto Housing. (Parking, Court, Housing, Bylaw etc). Other services dont give a flying something, generally, people who leave can get onto the subscribed above without much effort. Dialogue Series: If you are good at corporate games you can win 10$ gift cards. Unionized: You'll never be fired unless you break the law. Good Pension: Same as police. Pay Scale: Excellent wages for the position provided.

Cons

Politics: Alot of bickering and the managers arent in control only corporate is. Training: Non-existant, the current tests and training are useless and that's the ONLY training we get. No follow-ups except for handcuffs and first aid. Write ups: They are usually frivilous are done out of spite to the workers I can attest. Supply: Terrible radios never being fixed, often new people are issued small/broken/damaged equipment. No inline belt provided but exterior belt is... One Sided: If you're accused of something by anyone, management will take their side and won't give two somethings about your side of the story. Retention: Management fails to hold members for long peroids of time and has a high turnover rate. Culture: People are racist, swear and are more worried about themselves rather than the team in most cases. Hiring Process: Very long and focused on english speakers only, giving a disadvantage to non native speakers. Bias: Management is very bias and favors those who kiss up to them. Dishonest: The management is constantly dishonest with the employees and there have been various ethics and human rights complaints in regards to this but nothing seems to be done.

5. "Good place to grow"

Current Employee - Computer Information Technology Technician in Calgary, AB

I have been working at Oxford Properties Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Opportunities were available to grow within the company

Cons

Not enough compensation for amount of work

6. "Depends on Dept. Leadership"

Former Employee - Lease Analyst in Toronto, ON

I worked at Oxford Properties Group full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

It's a good company overall. Nice benefits.

Cons

Management varies by department, some departments have separate set of policies and operate differently from the companies actual policies.

"Sketchy workplace, not trustworthy"

1.0
    Guest Service Representative in Newmarket, ON

I worked at Oxford Properties Group

Pros

Job itself can be rewarding when your work is recognized. Relaxed workplace to be in most of the time.

Cons

Management has gone through a complete turnover and company culture has severely declined. Management will downright lie and use you, then dispose of you once they’re done. Beware of their act, it is all fake — stay far away, the low wage isn’t worth it.

"Coordinator"

5.0
    Current Employee - Coordinator in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Oxford Properties Group full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Excellent working environment and promotion of work life balance.

Cons

Reluctant to promote from within teams and not as culturally diverse from the management level.

"Great People, Declining Culture"

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Oxford Properties Group full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great people, amazing benefits plan, wellness allowance ($500 annually), education assistance

Cons

Organizational structure becoming more top-heavy with executives since new leadership began Succession planning makes it impossible to move up if you're not part of the plan

Continue reading

"Great people, little growth"

2.0
    Current Employee - Analyst in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Oxford Properties Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great people to work with and there's lot's to learn. Pay is on par with market

Cons

Poor decision making by senior management. Little growth opportunities. They prefer to hire externally

Found 88 reviews