Very nice organization with great staff and lots of opportunities. Totally recommend this company dedicated to human causes.
There are no cons, this is a great place to work for. Very good management and environment. Oxfam Rocks!
Union and good benefits, great people
Too much bureacracy, cautious organization, risk averse
The best reason to work to Oxfam-quebec is to help people in community
the most job is development countries most in Africa
I worked at Oxfam (Less than a year)
Fastantic opportunity, I learned a lot!
It was difficult to keep the student engaged.
Thought leadrship is always the best asset of oxfam with courage and conviction
Innovation needs to be improved with better articulation of how better results can be achieved.
Advice to Management
Be more in ovative
* Amazing learning opportunity
* Interesting and committed humanitarian and program team
* Some potential for industrious, independent workers
* Employees who are willing and able to mentor and support do so with tremendous results
* Some opportunity for travel
* Unionized environment has created a culture of complacency, in which some employees feel they're untouchable and some managers fear union reprisal.
* Years of poor management and leadership have created a crisis of cohesion -- it's very difficult to get anything done that requires the input of more than one or two people. Very few people work together and/or trust one another. A few employees are openly hostile towards others.
* Senior management is so weak that many employees who require additional support/instruction/management in order to complete tasks on time and as required get zero feedback and face no repercussions for shoddy, incomplete work. As a consequence, morale is the pits.
* Due to funding instability and shortfalls, opportunities for advancement and career growth are limited
* Mentorship opportunities are few and far between. Many employees are so overworked, they can barely think about supporting new hires and/or subordinates.
I worked at Oxfam part-time
great place to meet a range of people and pick up experience of working in a shop amongst friendly colleagues
occasionally could be understaffed and training not great
I have been working at Oxfam full-time (More than a year)
Work related travel
Not much I can think of
I have been working at Oxfam part-time
-Great team with a clear objective each week
-Chilled out environment
-No money as you're working as a volunteer
I worked at Oxfam full-time (Less than a year)
Very friendly work colleagues, and lost of incentives to earn more money through better sales. Working directly for the charity, not an outsourcing company. Good sales experience.
Can be very high pressure as it is sometimes hard to make sales. Can be a tough job if the weather is bad.
This will replace the current featured review for targeted profile. Are you sure you want to replace it?
Are you sure you want to remove this review from being featured for targeted profile?