Orium Employee Reviews about "myplanet"

Updated Oct 8, 2021

Found 34 of over 134 reviews

4.4
Orium Founder and CEO Jason Cottrell (no image)
Jason Cottrell
Pros
  • "Myplanet is a hidden gem for the unsuspecting job seeker(in 28 reviews)

• "Supportive leadership team and are focused 100% on the success of the business(in 12 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Like all tech companies Myplanet suffers from sometimes quick employee turn around, even though(in 12 reviews)

• "honestly can't think of anything(in 3 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

The latest conversations about Tech

64 Comments

Tech

334.8K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.ca&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Orium~517554
    Join the conversation on

Ratings by Gender

This rating reflects the overall rating of Orium and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "myplanet"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0

Awesome culture, Awesome Company

Oct 8, 2021 - Delivery Manager in Winnipeg, MB
      Business Outlook

Pros

A talented team and a great culture make Myplanet a pleasure to work for. While we are remote first it feels like a really close knit group that works together really well. I am learning something new everyday and coming to work is a pleasure.

Cons

None. We are a dynamic growing company with a bright future and insightful leadership. The sky is the limit.

2 people found this review helpful
    2. 5.0

So Far, So Great

Aug 13, 2021 - Delivery Manager in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

I've been at Myplanet for just under 2 months now. The onboarding was fantastic and very thorough. There were multiple sessions with the different leaders of the company and they each shared their area of focus. It really helped me understand the vision from the different teams and how I would be able to help. The career and employee development here is one of the best I've seen. There is a strong focus on 1 on 1 development with your team leads as they genuinely want you to succeed. The actual work can be challenging but at no point in time did I feel alone. I am constantly supported by those who have been working here for a while and know the Myplanet ways.

Cons

The usual growing pains with a company that is hiring at a rapid pace, but still a fun ride.

1 person found this review helpful
    3. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

A really good company to work for

Aug 13, 2021 - Software Developer in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Employee Appreciation: You feel valued as an employee working here at Myplanet. Your colleagues treat you like family and giving praise publicly is a regular thing. - Projects/ Work: The company is working on really great projects and have a very clear vision where it wants to go. I got to work with the latest tech in developing the newest e-commerce platforms. - Decent Pay/ Benefits - Super friendly HR. Probably the best HR I've experienced in 5 years of my working experience.

Cons

There is really nothing negative about this company. I've really enjoyed my time here and definitely recommend it to anyone who wants to join a flourishing company.

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Come and work in a great team environment!

Aug 13, 2021 - Front End Developer
      Business Outlook

Pros

I've been at Myplanet since 2012 and I have nothing but good things to say. It's a great company and it's been fun to work with so many great co-workers over the years who build world class products. The team approach is a real positive here, and I appreciate a company that does its best to "walk the talk" when it comes to living up to our shared values.

Cons

Like all tech companies Myplanet suffers from sometimes quick employee turn around, even though Myplanet has a core of veteran employees.

5. 5.0
      Current Employee

In a league of its own

Jun 6, 2021 - Senior Software Developer In Test in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

Myplanet is a hidden gem for the unsuspecting job seeker. When you start here, you will notice the positive energy emitted by everyone. You will be working with the highest caliber of employees, exercise your inner entrepreneur and see the making of the whole widget all at the same time. Furthermore, this company allows you to grow both professionally and passionately if you choose to engage in the many workshops and activities offered by the enthusiastic leadership team and driven employees.

Cons

If you don't monitor your time allocated to specific projects, you may find yourself overwhelmed.

1 person found this review helpful
    6. 5.0

Fantastic Place to Work!

Jun 8, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

After joining Myplanet earlier this year, one of the first things that stood out to me was the amazing culture and people at the organization. I noticed that majority of the individuals here have pride in their work, exhibit positive energy, and open to questions and discussion at all levels of the company. I was amazed by the virtual onboarding process provided upon joining. In addition to the technical onboarding, they went above and beyond to have us meet the leaders of every department in an effort to learn how the different departments mesh together and contribute to the success of the business as a whole. I can see that the company takes an honest effort to incorporate social activities in a virtual environment which I really appreciate as well. Management also does a really good job promoting work-life balance, given the company is a growing tech start-up.

Cons

None to note at the moment.

Director, Culture

Thanks for sharing your feedback with us! We're happy to hear about your positive onboarding experience and that you've enjoyed your overall experience to date.

7. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great culture, Dog friendly, Building cool stuff

Jun 8, 2021 - Software Developer in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

Working with Myplanet allows career to be developed in acceleration as they get to work with diverse types of client all the time. Staffs have the freedom to choose appropriate tech stacks that fit the product purpose.

Cons

Some benefits might not match those of larger companies.

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great co-workers and awesome vibe, even for remote workers

Feb 6, 2020 - Software Developer in Montreal, QC
      Business Outlook

Pros

As a remote worker, getting seen/heard can be tricky. However, I've met more people in different departments here in the last 6 months than I did in 7 years in a previous job. Everyone I've met is easy to talk to and understand the communication issues of remote life. I work with smart people that are quick to help and explain things when necessary, all without judgement. The company is socially and community conscious and have a great startup-like culture. There are numerous gatherings, both for employees as well as for external groups, which are open to remote workers too. The on-boarding experience was intensive, but so good, by far the best I've ever experienced. You get to meet a wide range of folks from different departments, which helps later on when you end up working with them. Very quickly after starting to work for Myplanet, I felt like I was an integral part of the company and received positive feedback for things my team had done. That is huge.

Cons

I've only managed to get to the office once...so far :)

Brand and Content Manager

We love hearing you've had such a positive experience so far! Come on out again soon— there's more people for you to meet :D

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

A true learning organization with a growth mindset!

Apr 23, 2019 - Partnerships Manager in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

Been working at Myplanet for a year and a half. The work is challenging but extremely rewarding and opportunities to grow present itself at every step (combined with some of the best leadership I've seen in tech). The biggest pro of working at Myplanet is that it is truly a learning organization. The company is invested in learning, improving processes, and helping teams/individuals upskill and grow. There is a growth path for everyone (individual contributor, team lead etc). Other pros: - Get to work with some of the smartest and kindest people. - Taking on big and complex projects that involve emerging interfaces. Myplanet is working on future-thinking platform projects. -Tech agnostic - so you get exposed to a wide range of emerging and legacy tech partners in the industry.

Cons

Team is growing in size and space is limited at our downtown HQ but that is changing as we're expanding our space downtown!

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great Company. Always learning. Good growth opportunities.

Oct 31, 2018 - Software Developer
      Business Outlook

Pros

As many people have said, Myplanet has an amazing culture of work life balance. They understand that people are people and not just commodities. They genuinely care about employee well being, health, happiness and fulfillment on the job. Projects are varied and challenging. There is always something interesting to work on, and perhaps at times that can also wind up being a con as well. Being a client shop, things can be pretty fast paced. Myplanet is always open to feedback and constructive criticism to make the company better. The management are all really good people who are always listening for ways to improve the company. The people are all amazing. Everyone there seems to love what they do. The teams are genuinely awesome, and the managers, project leads, and leadership are all warm kind people. Something that seems rare in the world of business today.

Cons

Of course, nothing is completely perfect. As mentioned by others, it can be hard to find a room for meetings. Myplanet has faltered and stumbled in the past and gone through some growing pains. They still are as they find new areas to work in with new clients and new kinds of projects. As it expands, it is redefining its identity, which can be disorienting at times, and mean that learning takes place on project, and by trial and error. The company can seem understaffed at times, and thus it means that developers can have fast overlap between projects, be pulled quickly off of one and put onto another, and some projects can feel like they would benefit from another non-existent dev. It can be hard to know exactly what you will work on next until you are on it, and then it is just rolling with things as they come. Some people can thrive in that environment, and others not as much. Stability in company processes is still being worked out, which can also make it a great place if you are a thinker, a thought leader and a doer. There is a lot of room for growth to become better in certain areas, redefining aspects of company culture and company practices, such as around custom software architecture and design. It can be frustrating at times not having these things already in place, but also means that it is an area that contributions are welcomed and embraced. In that sense, none of these things are totally cons. They are just the realities of companies that are growing, evolving and changing. That growth has its pains, but we all go through it together.

CEO

"They understand that people are people and not just commodities” Yes! This is exactly how we have worked to structure things from the get-go. I’m so glad that it’s being felt by the team as a whole. And as regards the developer community growth, I’d love to hear more thoughts on this if you’re willing to share. We are determined to hold ourselves to our values of innovation and mastery and you’re right, it’s a big group with a vast skill set and we’re probably missing opportunities to harness it. I’d love your thoughts on how the initiatives discussed at our last SOTU might help in this regard. We have been thinking a lot about this and our hires and initiatives in 2019 are largely focused around this. Thank you for keeping this top-of-mind and please do share some of your thoughts directly if you’re willing. I’d love to hear where you think this could go!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 34 Reviews