Orium Reviews

Updated Sep 7, 2022

Found 114 of over 134 reviews

4.4
Orium Founder and CEO Jason Cottrell (no image)
Jason Cottrell
Pros
  • "Myplanet is a hidden gem for the unsuspecting job seeker(in 28 reviews)

• "Supportive leadership team and are focused 100% on the success of the business(in 12 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Like all tech companies Myplanet suffers from sometimes quick employee turn around, even though(in 12 reviews)

• "honestly can't think of anything(in 3 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

The latest conversations about Tech

64 Comments

Tech

335.8K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.ca&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Orium~517554
    Join the conversation on

Ratings by Gender

This rating reflects the overall rating of Orium and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Overall a great company and an easy recommendation.

Sep 5, 2022 - Software Developer
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture B-Corp (if you care about that stuff) Flexible Good work life balance Professional growth opportunities

Cons

With current inflation, pay is just okay. (Understandably cannot compete with big tech salaries which causes some retention issues)

Be the first to find this review helpful
    2. 2.0
      Current Employee

Not a place to stay long term

Sep 7, 2022 - Software Developer
      Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing people Great culture Great benefits Great WLB - people really respect your boundaries and will hold off on meetings until the next day even if there is a level of urgency If you’re looking for a place to really accelerate your career to a certain point, this is the place to be. You are really respected for being your authentic self. Unlike most people I actually think the compensation is satisfactory given the other benefits but there could be room for improvement to stay competitive in the market.

Cons

Although being a great company in all areas with some fantastic people, I do not have much confidence in the technology leadership of Myplanet, which brings this rating down. A lot of the Software Development Managers and senior leadership really are just very Senior Solutions Architects with a lot of technical know-how and some passable level of people management. 1:1s get cancelled for no reason, town halls have become very disorganized and turned more into a casual discussion ever since a change in leadership and your concerns as an employee are in reality being ignored even though you get the false impression that you are being heard and listened to. A lot of the most valuable people that you respect and admire have left ever since the pivot to Composable Commerce. At first you would give yourself the benefit of the doubt here but overtime you really realize the impact that these people created and how their lack of presence has really affected day to day operations. Recruitment process has also been degraded over the years leading to us attracting lacklustre candidates (although with great personalities!) since the business goals are to increase org size as fast as possible without regard to hiring the right people with the right level of technical competency. Promotions and raises are very hard fought, the only way you would get them is by getting into a long argument and even that has a low success rate. You can try and provide as good of an argument as you want, leadership has already made up their mind. (And then they wonder why nobody has the courage to speak up or question them!) I have even seen people leave for better opportunities because they weren’t being paid well or promoted. There is a heavy level of micromanagement, and really you don’t get the trust of making the right call even though you have a track record to prove otherwise. Instead these calls get made by non experts who joined much later in the contract phase, who do not have much knowledge of the codebase nor the nature of the tech stack that they are working with.

2 people found this review helpful
    3. 5.0

Huge opportunity for success

Aug 10, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Rapidly growing company - Chance to build a career and grow with the org - Incredible people who truly care about each other as people and making the work experience a good one

Cons

- Communication isn't always the best - Need to be a self-starter for a lot of roles, which some people might find hard

Be the first to find this review helpful
    4. 2.0
      Former Employee

Tread carefully and do your due diligence before joining the company

Aug 10, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

- there is flexibility depending on where you work from since it is remote first

Cons

- Take the great reviews and rating on glassdoor with a pich of salt. There is a team whose job is to make this page look great. - No accountability as this is a relatively flat organization, if you get a good manager great else good luck - Chaos , no alignment within the org but they guise it under the pretext of being a startup - high turnover marketing as growing but really its backfilling

4 people found this review helpful
    5. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

good

Jul 19, 2022 - Senior Software Developer
      Business Outlook

Pros

friendly professional good culture good code base

Cons

low salary dynamic projects mostly front end

3 people found this review helpful
    6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Mostly great, some room for improvement

Jun 21, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great people, interesting work, flexible working arrangements

Cons

Growing pains that come from scaling, lack of incentive to use the office makes collaboration and those that want to work at an office more challenging than necessary

7. 5.0

Great people, amazing Culture

May 26, 2022 - Software Developer in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

You get to work with amazingly talented people. Everyone is willing to help. Team work is amazing.

Cons

Some uncertainties about how projects/work is allocated.

8. 1.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Deceptive, Passive Aggressive, Antisocial

Jun 20, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Pay is decent, can work from home

Cons

- For a remote business, the amount of toxic gossip that takes place in this organization is beyond belief (discussions led openly in a passive-aggressive manner by more dominant team-members in either chats or during team calls) - Internally on many occasions I hear people speak poorly/disrespectfully of their clients - Often recommendations that are brought forward for process improvement are perceived as a personal attack - Senior management doesn't care about "the details", and brushes off concerns or points of views of employees regarding hostile workplace dynamics (I experienced this with a VP of Myplanet) - There is very little team spirit, or sense of belonging, as you'll be very unlikely to ever meet anyone in your team in person. There's company wide virtual calls, there's laughs and giggles in some chats, HR is trying their best, but teams in reality are not gelling. - People are very overworked

8 people found this review helpful

Orium Response

Director, Culture

Thank you for sharing your experience at Myplanet. This is very unfortunate to hear, as what you’ve described does not align with the culture or workplace we are striving to maintain and strengthen, which is a place where people feel safe, engaged, and respected. We don’t condone gossip or employees being disrespectful towards clients, and we're sorry if that was something you felt was a part of your experience. We’re very proud of how Myplaneteers live our values day-to-day. We encourage each other to celebrate when we are living them, but also respectfully call each other out when we aren’t. What you’ve described in your review does not reflect the team living them, and I hope you were able to share your feedback candidly. We work hard to have an open and transparent culture and for the most part, we receive positive feedback around our ability to actively listen and act on feedback. If you weren’t able to share this feedback directly with the team, we hope at the very least you were able to talk with HR during your exit interview. If not, please email us at talent@myplanet.com so we can discuss. We’re always open to feedback!

9. 5.0
      Current Employee

Excellent company with flexible hours

May 3, 2022 - Senior Software Developer
      Business Outlook

Pros

Remote based company Flexible work hours Great culture Brilliant people to learn from Fun and exciting challenges

Cons

Some (minimal) mandatory meeting that may land outside your regular schedule.

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

The most fulfilling work-from-home role I've ever had

Apr 27, 2022 - Content Writer in Barrie, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

Myplanet is a remote-first employer. When I first started working with them, they quickly assuaged any trepidation I had from another work-from-home role. From (optional) virtual lunchtime chats with a random coworker to weekly lightning talk events, there are plenty of opportunities to get to know and connect with your colleagues on the other side of the screen. Compensation and benefits packages are competitive, and you never feel like your growth is stagnant. Just as you're able to create the schedule you want, you're encouraged to explore a career path that matches your interests and strengths. At an industry level, Myplanet does a great job at positioning itself as a leader within the commerce technology industry, publishing insightful thought pieces and taking pride in the work that it does.

Cons

A remote-first environment might be a deterrent for some, but if you make an effort to engage with others, you'll quickly feel right at home.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 114 Reviews

Orium Reviews FAQs

Orium has an overall rating of 4.4 out of 5, based on over 134 reviews left anonymously by employees. 91% of employees would recommend working at Orium to a friend and 78% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -8% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Orium employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.9 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Orium. This rating has decreased by -10% over the last 12 months.

91% of Orium employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Orium 4.3 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.6 for culture and values and 4.0 for career opportunities.

Popular Careers with Orium Job Seekers