Opencare Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Opencare Reviews

Updated Aug 27, 2019

Found 23 reviews

5.0
Opencare CEO Nikolai Bratkovski (no image)
Nikolai Bratkovski

"Great environment to grow"

I have been working at Opencare full-time

Pros

Incredibly smart and talented team, full of humble and sincere people Founders are invested in your growth and push you out of your comfort zone Company is working on meaty problems that can have a very positive impact Team is constantly looking for ways to improve processes and evolve to increase productivity. Very rigorous hiring process means that we bring on not only talented people but also people who are a... great fit with our company culture

Cons

Still a relatively young team, so processes are always evolving. Need to be able to thrive on change.

"Exciting place to be!"

I have been working at Opencare full-time

Pros

Opencare is a terrific place to work with intelligent and like-minded people, working together to make an impact on how people interact with health care! If you enjoy tackling challenging problems and making a difference, Opencare presents a fast-paced environment to try and do just that.

Cons

Be prepared to get your hands dirty from day 1.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work, you are pointing this team in the right direction!

Opencare2017-07-13

"Truthfully the best company I've ever worked for"

I have been working at Opencare full-time for more than a year

Pros

Extreme focus on culture and employee growth. Founder 1-on-1s have been incredibly helpful in discovering and improving areas of both strength and weakness. 100% genuine, intelligent, drama-free employees. Everyone is here to work to the best of their ability. Constantly challenging the “right” way to do things. Problems of last month become strengths the month after.

Cons

The only con to working here is length of meetings since everyone has lots to share. Actively trying to work on succinct communication & meeting style.

Opencare2017-07-11

"Unlimited personal and professional growth"

I have been working at Opencare full-time for more than a year

Pros

Best place to work in Toronto to grow as an individual and as a professional. Get to work with people smarter than you and learn new things on a daily basis.

Cons

You have to be prepared to give the best of yourself at all times, this is not an easy ride.

Advice to Management

Thank you for enabling such a great company culture and for setting an high bar for ourselves. Keep up the great work!

Opencare2017-05-01

"Best place I've ever worked"

I have been working at Opencare full-time

Pros

Without exaggerating, this is by far the best place I've ever worked. The team is exceptional, and you can tell that the founders have spent a lot of time carefully hiring each member. The work here is meaningful and exciting, and the growth-first culture has made me a better person and a better professional. The pay is great in both salary and equity, despite being a relatively early startup (we are well funded).... The founders also preach work-life balance very heavily and encourage a focus on your personal life/family/taking vacation. I would recommend this place to anyone, if you can get past the hiring process :)

Cons

There are not many cons. If you need a lot of direction and want a hands on manager, this may not be the place for you. There is a ton of autonomy and individual ownership, and the managers are more of leaders/coaches, so some might struggle if they have a hard time with self-direction.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. Opencare is the biggest hidden gem in the Toronto tech community.

Opencare2017-02-24

"Tremendous company and personal growth"

Current Employee - Growth Manager in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Opencare full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- You get to work with some of the smartest people you'll ever know - The company cares deeply about your personal growth and actively invests in it. Courses, conferences, etc are not only covered but often recommended. - Everyone on the team pushes each other to be better, it's an incredibly creative and growth-oriented environment - The best free snacks and drinks in the Toronto startup community

Cons

- You can't relate to your friends who get the Monday blues anymore

Advice to Management

Keep crushing it

Opencare2015-10-05

"Awesome team working on meaningful problem"

I have been working at Opencare full-time

Pros

Amazingly gifted team solving challenging growth, product and technical challenges to make a difference in a meaningful industry. Opencare is a great place to be if you're a top performer and like working in a fast paced, results oriented environment. We work hard and play hard. There's no place I'd rather be!

Cons

It's a startup and like any other rapidly growing startup, you'll need to be prepared to work hard and occasionally longer than you would at a typical 9-5 company.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

"Amazing place to work"

Web Developer in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Opencare

Pros

• A tightly knit team of thoughtful, ambitious and driven people • Solve big problems - getting the best healthcare possible is something that matters to every human being • Unlimited vacation time and flexible hours • Fridge fully stocked with freshly pressed juices and snacks

Cons

Absolutely no complaints. After interning here last summer I didn't even both looking for a job anywhere else. Opencare is an amazing place to work.

"Sales"

I have been working at Opencare full-time

Pros

-Dynamic and vibrant start-up with the most intelligent team I've ever been a part of -Founders are very thoughtful in everything they do and completely transparent with the rest of the team. Lines of communication are open and they are always looking for feedback and advice. -Huge growth opportunities from a development and career advancement perspective -Smaller teams make it easy to understand every aspect of... the business and the direct impact you have in your direct role and to other parts of the business -Work closely with management to improve roles, processes, targets -Flexible startup culture allows for flexibility with work schedule and working remotely -Fantastic open-concept office space, more and more perks as company grows.

Cons

-small team and high growth means you have to wear a lot of different hats and step outside of your role sometimes... not for someone looking for set instructions or a stagnant role -constant growth also means constant reflection and constant changes in terms of goals and targets. -limited resources can mean that we are unable to do everything we would like to try right now.. this is constantly getting better with... efficiency and additional resources

Advice to Management

-couldn't be more excited to work for such a smart, well-rounded company!! -keep being laser focused on thoughtful, data-driven growth -amazing job taking care of your employees and not losing sight of employee happiness and work-life balance while maintaining a fast-paced growth mentality -continue to be mindful of balancing the growth of the company with growth in processes and mindset, esp in terms of outlook... and planning.

Opencare2017-07-13

"Company and product that really help people"

Current Employee - Software Engineer

I have been working at Opencare full-time

Pros

Opencare is a great place for professional and personal growth. I'm glad to be a part of excellent engineering team that everyday solves product and technical challenges in the healthcare industry using top technology stack.

Cons

Opencare is not a place for robots who do only what somebody said to do. You need to push yourself and be proactive. Work hard, work smart.

Opencare2015-10-08