Found 64 of over 68 reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
The latest conversations about Healthcare
34 minutes ago
Senior Patient Access Representive
I’m looking for advice from a hospital (lab) biller. My young adult daughter just so happen to finally open her mail and she found out that she could go into collections but she has 10 days. I just don’t know when the 10 days start or end it doesn’t really say but they billed it to the wrong blue Cross they build it to the state that we live in but it’s out of state so it didn’t get to my insurance as a claim . She can’t pay partial like in good faith. It needs to be in full. $700 ￼
11 hours ago
I worked for a company for almost five years going from billing dept. to HR. I am now a program director for an adult day care under the same boss. I asked for a raise before being “promoted” to program director, and was denied. My pay was raised by $2 for the new position. My social worker at the ADC left for two months & I asked for a raise since I was doing work for 2 people now, and was denied again. It’s a super toxic workplace. What’s the best course of action?
13 hours ago
Project Manager Go-bio Initial
I work at a 10 bed assited living as the manager in az. I have been with company for almost 9 yrs. The owners have 2 10 bed assited livings n 2 30 bed facilities. All 4 places are very nice. I make $22 hr as manager. I have asked for raise they tell to go to salary and I won’t. In the past few months I’ve need to hirer n they start new people at $21-$22 hr. Also just got my girls who been with me for 5 plus yrs to $21 hr. Do you think it is ok my staff makes $1 less then me
Got a burning question about Opencare? Just ask!
On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Opencare employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "People are nice" (in 14 reviews)
- "An extremely efficient team, minimal redundant process" (in 10 reviews)
- "The leadership is committed to building a long" (in 6 reviews)
- "Things aren't stale or stuck, and it is a pleasure to see how we are growing and developing our culture." (in 5 reviews)
- "the leadership team is experienced, communicative, and willingly transparent" (in 3 reviews)
- "Inexperienced CEO who portrays transparency but doesn't execute." (in 4 reviews)
Ratings by Disability
This rating reflects the overall rating of Opencare and is not affected by filters.
- 5.0Apr 28, 2023Product ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearToronto, ON
- employees get a lot of autonomy to work on projects they believe in and that can help the organization grow. - the organization is performance-driven and provides all the necessary tools to help employees identify how they can make an impact and how the organization is doing. - the leadership team is experienced, communicative, and willingly transparent - strong collaborative culture
- the team is small and very global, as a result, it is hard to organize in-person events/socials and develop a strong social culture
- 5.0Sept 6, 2022Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, more than 1 year
- Very open to experimentation. Willing to see what sticks and has the data to back it up - Team moves quickly from one area of concern to another, leveraging SMEs and consultants to support implementation - Always a new problem to solve and area of focus - Remote-first work environment, with a focus on getting the job done vs showing up to meetings
- Can sometimes pivot focus to quickly, leaving behind opportunities in markets that are later revisited - Turnover has been very low lately (last 9 months), but had gone through changes before that - Can be a difficult product to sell in certain markets
- 5.0Aug 18, 2022Account ExecutiveFormer Employee
Awesome, passionate and motivated people. Great perks and benefits Treat employees very well A lot of autonomy and ability to think and try things outside the box Overall really loved the experience here.
The dental industry is a little archaic and dealing with customers in this industry is not always that enjoyable. In general VC funded fashion, it's about growth and not necessarily profitability. Not just an Opencare problem, it's an easy money sloshing around in the system problem and VC's looking for quick returns vs building long term sustainable businesses. This is likely the majority of VC funded startups unfortunately.2
- 5.0Apr 18, 2022Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, less than 1 year
Opencare is one of the best companies I have worked for with some of the smartest and brightest individuals. Contrary to some reviews, the team is lead by knowledgable, empathic and well rounded leaders/ executives. Some of the perks/ pros of working for Opencare are 100% remote working with a culture that embraces work life balance. Opencare offers unlimited PTO which shows a level of trust among employees and the company to use the time off when you need it to rest and recharge. If that's not enough, the company also shuts down during the Christmas break as a thank you for all the work done during the year. Other perks include - company grant options, health and dental coverage, opportunities for growth and learning, a leadership team that is receptive to feedback and continued recognition from immediate and cross functional teams for job well done
Since Opencare is so receptive to feedback, there aren't any cons as it stands. However, if Opencare could implement an RRSP program for current employees, that would be great
- 5.0Apr 18, 2022Finance ManagerCurrent Employee, less than 1 year
Great place to work Everyone is friendly and always willing to help Christmas break shutdown Work from Home Full Time Social events (Zoom) every other week on Fridays to play games Everyone committed to the same goal Weekly check-ins with Management which allows them to help with any Blockers, lots of transparency
No RRSP Contributions (typical of a Startup)
- 5.0Oct 14, 2021Talent SourcerCurrent EmployeeToronto, ON
Diversity & Inclusiveness Transparency ! Kindness and Family camaraderie :) I have learned so much during my more than a year here at Opencare. I was able to transition and wear different hats / roles which has greatly help me improve my skills in Recruitment and Talent Sourcing
start -up and it is not for everyone :) You need to really innovate and step up ! owning the process and continuously improve. If you are not this type then a start-up is not for you :)
- 5.0Sept 2, 2021Director of SalesCurrent EmployeeKitchener, ON
Leadership is very strategic, for longterm growth and success. Lots of opportunities to grow personally Open and transparent - most open communications from CEO than any other company Great opportunity
Fully remote if you like that thing - some people don't
- 5.0Feb 10, 2021Product DesignerFormer Employee, more than 1 yearToronto, ON
- Amazing culture for growth, everyone here truly cares about each other's personal and professional growth and tries to help you work towards it. - Leadership is very transparent and open to feedback. They care a lot about not only the company vision but the people who work there. - Very enthusiastic and motivated team, makes you excited to come to work every day. - Perks are great as well with free lunches, unlimited PTO, team and company socials, etc. And they mean it when they say unlimited vacation and they make sure everyone takes at least 3 weeks.
No real cons. Sometimes the company has to make tough choices between meeting business goals and meeting technical or user goals but the decision is always very transparent and open to feedback.1
- 5.0Mar 11, 2020Software EngineerCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearToronto, ON
Amazing teammates; Fast growing company; Cool and unique problems to solve; Lots of start-up perks; Lots of autonomy;
Company is growing very fast, and there is a constant state of change. Could be stressful at times.1
Opencare Reviews FAQs
Opencare has an overall rating of 3.9 out of 5, based on over 68 reviews left anonymously by employees. 73% of employees would recommend working at Opencare to a friend and 58% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 2% over the last 12 months.
73% of Opencare employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Opencare 4.2 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.1 for culture and values and 3.8 for career opportunities.