Cover image for Ontario Green Savings

Ontario Green Savings

Is this your company?

Ontario Green Savings

Add a Review

Ontario Green Savings Employee Reviews about "work environment"

Updated Jul. 26, 2021

Verify your email to use filters. Having problems? Resend email
Found 131 of over 131 reviews
4.1
76% Recommend to a Friend
77% Approve of CEO

Found 13 of over 131 reviews

4.1
Ontario Green Savings CEO Saeed Torbati (no image)
Saeed Torbati
Pros
  • "Very open and friendly work environment(in 13 reviews)

• "ontario green savings(in 6 reviews)

• Cons
  • "There are no real cons to the job except the long hours(in 5 reviews)

• "They scam unknowing customers with door to door sales for contracts up to 6 years(in 3 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "work environment"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0

Company overall review

Jul. 26, 2021 - Sales Representative
      Business Outlook

Pros

Very supportive leaders Nice work environment

Cons

There is hardly a parking spot near the office. To be honest, I have not reached the place to enjoy working on Saturdays yet.

2. 1.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

What A Horrible Place To Work At!

Jan. 15, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

this job is good for you if you are a highschooler and are in for a temporary job and don't care about the work environment

Cons

I don't even know where to start but I thought really hard about writing the review and came to the conclusion that not writing one (honest review) would be unfair to anyone who might want to work here. 95% of the positive reviews that you see here, including the one I had written a few months ago, unfortunately, were all written involuntarily during the job, in the presence of the management including HR. The management basically made all the employees write positive notes about the workplace so it can neutralize, if not increase the positive rating of the company. They even asked us to email the screenshot for confirmation. They do not pay on time. I had to wait two weeks to get my first paycheque and four weeks for the rest of the weeks I worked. The job is commission based and there is no proper established way to keep a track of commissions earned. It's all word of mouth. The commission is not included in the paycheque, neither is it paid in cash but rather in form of a prepaid Visa card. Was never paid commission because the management decided to keep it with them I guess and told me that it was already paid to me, which couldn't be far from the truth. When I explained it to HR, along with my experience, they said they couldn't do anything about it. All they did was give a run around just to pay what they owe their employees. I am surprised no one has reported their unethical business practices yet. Working for another well-known company in the same capacity has opened my eyes to what ethical business practice(s) is and just how important the role of Human Resource is in any company to ensure the employees working there are not mistreated. The management tries its best to portray that they are a fun-loving company that treats everyone equally but that is far from the truth. The senior sales rep, management, and managers have their favorites and would always favor them no matter what. There are clear cliques and no one would even try to make you a part of their conversation. The work environment is unsafe. Although the sales representatives, making outbound calls are classified as essential workers, there is only one room in the office where everyone (20-30 people) is asked to cramp in to make sales calls and no one cares about social distancing or wearing a mask as no one believes in COVID. Their reasoning is that because no one close to them has had covid, then it must no be real and is fake news. A high rate of turn over- The employees leave almost right away or within two to three weeks of being hired, or when they realize the company is not worth working for which is why they are almost always hiring people- a problem that the company's management has admitted to themselves, not once but on numerous occasions. The majority of the people who work there are between the ages of 18-21, basically, kids in high school transitioning to go for higher education or finding a proper job, who want to make quick money. Maybe this job is good for them but if you want to work with a company long-term that pays benefits, proper wages for hard work, and cares about their employees, then this place is not for you. For the customers- this company is a scam and the field representatives (with an exception of one or two people) would do anything they can to get the sale and lock the contract with you. I overheard a senior representative tell a bunch of people rather proudly that an elderly customer asked them if the contract can be canceled at any time, and they responded with an affirmation. Which is untrue. There are fees that must be paid if the contract is canceled before its date. I question their business model, their work ethic, and lack of transparency not just for the employees but for the customers as well.

4 people found this review helpful

Ontario Green Savings Response

HR

Thanks for the feedback. We believe that our accolades, awards and accomplishments speak for themselves. Fastest growing Canadian company for 2 years in a row. Ranked as best place to work with over 100 employees, the management was ranked as a Changemaker Entrepreneur of the year. While we understand and appreciate opinions and comparisons, we also belive action is much louder than words.

3. Join the Ontario Green Savings team
      See Our Latest Jobs
    4. 5.0

amazing!!!!!

Nov. 13, 2020 - Marketing in North York, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great bosses, Omar in particular is very helpful with any type of questions you might have, amazing work environment, coworker are amazing. Current HR Junior Recruiter Kalysta is one of the most fun loving and honest person in the Office. The Marketing Managers are some of the most Guiding and Supportive people in this office, Andrea Is Creative and Inspiring, truly one of the many factors I am still employed and Matt is a cool dude

Cons

Limited Parking spaces and underground parking

2 people found this review helpful
    5. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great work environment and opportunity to grow

Nov. 13, 2020 - Marketing Representative in Ottawa, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

Encouraging work environment Great bonuses Always looking for improvement

Cons

May be mind numbing at the beginning but the managers are there to help out!

6. 5.0

AMAZING WORK PLACE!!

Nov. 13, 2020 - Marketing Coordinator in Ottawa, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing environment to work in

Cons

The Heater is always on!

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Making the world a greener place

Nov. 13, 2020 - Marketing Representative in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great environment to work, everyone wants each other to thrive.

Cons

Nothing to complain about here

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Best place to work at, period!

Nov. 13, 2020 - Marketer in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

On the top of my head, the work environment is: > diverse > gives equal opportunities > daily/weekly bonuses (cash and otherwise) > Treats (office lunches, snacks, etc) > Motivating Overall, the work culture is professional and friendly at the same time, which is generally very hard to attain. The management is very accommodating and understanding and will help you become the best marketer you have ever been.

Cons

Honestly, none for the company but if you drive, be prepared for the traffic and rush hour cause their office is at Yonge Street. The parking is paid.

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great atmosphere to work in

Nov. 13, 2020 - Call Center Representative in Ottawa, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

working as a team, weekly pay, bonuses, commission, fun work environment

Cons

3 weeks until first pay cheque, no auto deposit, working Saturdays

10. 5.0

Conviencing customers

Nov. 3, 2020 - Customer Service Representative in North York, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing environment to work in People around are truely helpful and fun to work with.

Cons

None according to me yet.

1 person found this review helpful
    11. 2.0

Meh

Nov. 13, 2020 - Call Centre in Ottawa, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

Chill work environment. Nice people.

Cons

6 day work week. Pay is 3 weeks behind and they only pay 1 week at a time. Boring.

2 people found this review helpful