Omniata Reviews

Updated Mar 15, 2015

4.4
Omniata Co-Founder & CEO Alex Arias (no image)
Alex Arias
  1. "Software developer"

5.0

I have been working at Omniata

Pros

Nice boss, good international company culture, great opportunity in game industry.

Cons

Small company, still developing and not much people.

2. "Challenge yourself and enjoy your work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Omniata full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Working on revolutionary product - Great colleagues - you will learn a lot from every team member - Gives you opportunity to grow and challenge yourself - Motivating environment - Fun workplace - amazing office in downtown SF - Frequent team events/ happy hour

Cons

- A few long hours, but the job satisfaction makes up for this

"Amazing colleagues"

Former Intern - Sales- and Business Development in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Omniata for less than a year

Pros

The people at Omniata are very welcoming and including. It is a great culture, with a good work/life balance. I enjoyed every minute I spent at work. The people who work there are extremely talented people. They are all willing to share their knowledge, and I learned a lot in the time I was there. I experienced a high degree of personal growth in the time I worked there. I will recommend Omniata to a friend.

Cons

I had a great experience at Omniata, and don’t really have anything negative to say. You have to enjoy being part of a small team, where everyone cooperate and is dependent on each other.

"building an amazing product and team"

I have been working at Omniata full-time

Pros

- the team is comprised of highly skilled and talented folks who are passionate about their areas of expertise and are willing to share their knowledge. culture is starting to develop and is off to a good start. - leadership: ceo and core team have worked together for years and have built the know-how to execute on a difficult product. picking up the right pieces to continue growing in the right direction. - customer portfolio comprises of industry leading developers and brands. customers' reception and adoption has been very positive.

Cons

- start-up growing pains

"Fast growing company with a product way ahead of market"

I have been working at Omniata full-time

Pros

- Happy customers! Getting rave reviews and hi-fives from major customers is highly fulfilling. - The CEO, Alex, is very motivated and passionate. He knows the product and industry really well, and his vision has really helped the company build a product that is much better than competition. - Very close knit and experienced team. The team has been working on similar products since past few years. They understand the industry and technology really well. A small team has created an amazing platform in a very short time. - Fun loving environment. The team has regular outings, happy hours, dinner etc. - The company is growing very fast and receiving rave reviews from existing customers. - The compensation is very competitive.

Cons

- Small team and fast roadmap sometimes brings the usual chaos of any startup.

"Poorly led company"

1.0

I worked at Omniata for less than a year

Pros

Some great engineers (non managers), lovely downtown location (though could do with a bigger office), and a potentially good product, if it were properly managed.

Cons

Immature CEO. CEO and CTO in one person- since this person lacks leadership experience/skills, lack of direction for stability and scaling. Disorganized product plan for growth. CEO is a micro manager and is unable to disengage from aspects of the job he doesn't know about; refuses to accepts anyone else's ideas unless they are his own. Doesn't appear to understand result-bearing product-development cycle in a startup; seems confused about product priorities and design for growth. Rude, passive-aggressive, style of communication, one-upmanship, unrealistic expectations from employees.

Continue reading

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 6 reviews