Office Concierge Employee Reviews about "elite"

Updated Sep 12, 2019

3.1
Office Concierge Directors Clifford Baker, Simon Cooney & Anne Marie Holland (no image)
Clifford Baker, Simon Cooney & Anne Marie Holland
Pros
  • "My account manager Helena was extremely helpful and supportive(in 19 reviews)

• "I started as an Elite but very shortly I got a static role in one of sites where I've spent 2 years(in 17 reviews)

Cons
  • "Account manager has only seen me once since i started(in 21 reviews)

• "All of the elites get mistreated and they are the least paid workers in the whole company and their job is probably the hardest(in 13 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "elite"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Great company to work for"

Current Employee - Receptionist in London, England

I have been working at Office Concierge full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Get paid even if you don't do the hours (elites) -Changing your site, so your never bored -If you don't like a particular site you have been sent to, you can ask your line manager to remove you and they will -They do what they say, if you have to change,,, they told you they might have to, so you cant really complain - When being changed, the change could sometimes work in your favour i.e. finishing early and starting later + u still get paid for it -Meeting so many new people -Working in luxurious landmark buildings - good pay -they will promote you, if you are loyal to the company and cause minimal issues - they have so many contracts, you will get a static job eventually.. got to keep pushing your manager -I have a good manager called Hayley who is very understanding but firm -Booking appointment can be tricky but there's ways around it and also if its a serious emergency, then obviously you can take emergency leave

Cons

-Booking holiday is long.. got to be well in advance -Travel can be expensive as always in zone 1-3

September 23, 2019Senior HR Advisor

Thank you for your feedback, we are very pleased to hear that you are enjoying your time working for OC and that you have experienced the benefits of working in the Elite role. Our Elite team are highly important to our business, they are crucial to the smooth operational running of our business. It si s a very unique role and it is great that you are able to provide an honest view of what it is like working in the Elite role. We are constantly looking for ways we can improve our business and engage with our employees and it would be great to work with you to look at new ideas moving forward on what we can implement. Please could you make yourself known to your Elite Manager or our HR Manager so that we can book in some time to meet with you to discuss your feedback in more detail.

2. "GREAT COMPANY TO WORK FOR"

Current Employee - Reception Manager in London, England

I have been working at Office Concierge full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

I work for Office Concierge for 8 years now and not even thinking to change my job! I was supported from day one by: recruitment team, HR Team, Account Managers and Client Service Managers. I started off as an Elite, then secured a static position, and now I am a Reception Manager in a prestigious building. In their own ways OC guided me throughout my journey. As a result of our hard work I received two promotions in my role, and now look after a happy team of 3 :) Thank you to everyone at Office Concierge! Especially: Alice, Laura, Emma, Asta, Alison, Shola

Cons

No Cons to mention at the moment

July 15, 2019Senior HR Advisor

Thank you for your review. It is great to hear that you have enjoyed your time with Office Concierge and how supported you have been. Your journey and progression with Office Concierge has been great to watch and we hope that you have many more years with us. The Office Concierge Team

3. "Scarily sexist"

1.0
    Elite Operative

I worked at Office Concierge for more than a year

Pros

You get to see parts of London if you're an 'Elite' operative

Cons

- You have to wear make up & heels, which is so backwards in this day & age. I have been actively told to wear more make up, which is insulting - If you're an Elite you're moved around so many times, sometimes more than once in a day, and you're expected to do everything perfectly even when, at times, you're sent to cover a site with no training.

June 3, 2019Senior HR Advisor

Hello, Our Elites truly are the backbone of our business. One of the main aspects of the Elite role is movement between sites which is communicated throughout our recruitment stages. Operations do their best to give as much notice as possible and reduce movement though sometimes this is not always possible due to sickness and unexpected absences. One of the amazing parts of the Office Concierge service is that we do provide cover on all of our sites, so our buildings are always staffed, and we pride ourselves on being able to provide this service. We encourage you to let us know if you are unfamiliar on a site, we provide refresher training for all of our Elites. We do not stipulate that makeup and heels must be worn, managers are in place to support each and every staff member and we would hope you would bring to their attention any issues like this. HR is also directly contactable for anything you wish to discuss privately. Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback, we take everything on board. Best of luck in your future endeavours, The OC Team

4. "Good experience as Corporate Receptionist"

Former Employee - Corporate Receptionist in London, England

I worked at Office Concierge full-time for more than a year

Pros

This is an excellent company to work for as long as you're in a static role. "Elites" who are basically float receptionists can have a hard time and be in 3-4 offices in one day but OC explains this to them so everyone knows what they sign up for! Before I joined I was quite worried about the online reviews but OC treat you how you treat them. I was very rarely late or off sick so they were really kind and accommodating to me but some of the girls were taking the mick, calling in sick all the time/ not turning up/ disappearing with no explanation! As long as you're a good employee, you'll have no problems with them.

Cons

No benefits. As they only have Front of House jobs, there's nowhere to progress.

5. "Good experience"

Current Employee - Front Desk Receptionist in London, England

I have been working at Office Concierge full-time for more than a year

Pros

Before my interview with OC I looked at Glassdoor to check reviews and I was worried to see a lot of negative feedback. Luckily my experience with the company was really good so far. I guess it really depends on a site and people you work with. I started as an Elite but very shortly I got a static role in one of sites where I've spent 2 years. I was lucky to work within nice team. Over 2 years I've had 3 different account managers and all of them were very lovely people. My current manager Kirsty is so approachable, she listen to what you say and makes things happen! So just an advice to everyone who reads this and considering to join OC. Dont get pulled off by negative comments. You might have a good experience like me. Good luck!

Cons

Need to book holidays quite in advance to get the days you want

6. "Personal Progress Review"

Current Employee - Front of House Receptionist in London, England

I have been working at Office Concierge full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Since working with Office Concierge over the past 3 years i have had a great experience within the Company. I started off as a Dedicated Elite (Permanent cover) i then moved my way up in to a permanent role within a great site which suits my personality perfectly! I have also gone through the process of having to tupe over to another company as i loved my site so much! but unfortunately the other company stood no comparison to Office Concierge. Over all the Company do all they can to support you and make you feel comfortable. I am now in an Amazing site with the best team and fully supported by my account Manager and the Head Office if they are needed. I have had nothing but positive experiences with office Concierge and hope this will only continue. Thank you for all that you do!

Cons

During my time with Office Concierge i have experienced no cons so have none to add as of yet!

September 13, 2017Senior HR Advisor

Thank you for your comments; we are delighted that you have chosen to share your Office Concierge journey with others. We pride ourselves on developing and supporting our employees and it is fantastic that you have experienced both in your Designated Elite role and also once you transitioned into a static position.

7. "Brilliant Experience – Excellent Elite & Static Roles"

I have been working at Office Concierge full-time for less than a year

Pros

During my time as an Elite for Office Concierge from November 2016, I have thoroughly enjoyed working with a positive, exciting and professional company. I have gained a profound portfolio of experience working at high profile sites, including front of house and in house receptions. The company as a whole are hardworking, goal setters who give many opportunities to progress through personal development. The teams within the company are extremely supportive and challenging in a positive way which has enabled me to be push myself above my boundaries developing further in this industry. I have enjoyed and learnt so much from being an Elite it has led me to as a Static at one prestigious site. The elite role has given me so much progression to be able to provide a high standard and I am always grateful for the opportunity the company has given me.

Cons

This is not applicable from experience.

Continue reading
  8. "The foot in the Door that I needed!"

Current Employee - Elite Receptionist in London, England

I have been working at Office Concierge full-time for less than a year

Pros

As Elite, I get to travel around London covering colleague’s holidays and sickness. The role is great for people who do not like to be in one place, enjoy meeting new people and for people who would like to gain lots of new experience in the corporate world, - Training programs - Uniform and dry cleaning vouchers - Friendly management

Cons

The early wake up calls when your on standby in the morning!

April 12, 2017Senior HR Advisor

Thank you for very much for your comments about your time with us and for highlighting the reasons why our Elite roles are so unique. We are delighted to hear that you are enjoying the Elite role and that you feel your time with Office Concierge has given you great corporate experience. With regards to your comment on the early morning calls, as you know, this is a valuable and vital element of the Elite role and the service that the Elite team provide to our clients. We do make sure that our Elite members are not on standby every day and this is why we do our best to provide you with a good balance of pre-planned holiday cover, sickness and training.

"Elite roles, don't let them fool you MUST READ"

1.0
    Former Employee - Elite Corporate Receptionist in London, England

I worked at Office Concierge full-time for more than a year

Pros

At times you find that being an Elite will bring you to meet great people and help you learn the role in a quicker way than it would as a static. You are constantly bounced from a place to another - you learn how to adapt to different systems, people, environments. This will help you move on (to other companies) quicker.

Cons

MUST READ!! -Stop working against career development of the individuals, if an Elite is good and wanted by a site, GIVE THEM THE POSITION - this is the reason of such a high staff turnover (every week there are about 10 new staff members but staff number is decreasing???) - Account managers are not present, came to see me twice in 1year and 6months. -Elite roles should be paid an average of their portfolio, expect a low pay for the highest paid sites (i.e. 110 Bishopsgate - ex Heron Tower) -you are forced to wear uniform when covering a site, a lot of times uniforms are not clean, it should go without saying but PUT YOUR FOOT DOWN!! The company wants immaculate make up and hair but would not care about personal hygiene. I have reported these problems MANY times and they have been ignored. Take care of yourself! You can find similar jobs at a greater pay at any given time, don't stop looking.

Continue reading

"Its fine if you are a Static"

2.0
    Former Employee - Static & Elite in London, England

I worked at Office Concierge full-time for more than a year

Pros

You get paid. Account Managers are lovely but can only do so much. If you are static, its great as you build a relationship with the BM rather than OC. I was a static then an elite.

Cons

Holiday allowance You also had to give at least 4-6 weeks notice of any holiday you wanted to take. You then had to wait up to 5 working days for a response. The also have a habit of telling you you cant take that day off but then they give it to your colleague... If you are an Elite, they call you at 6am and send you ANYWHERE in London but you don't get any money back on travel and they also don't give you a lot of time to get to sites. You are literally their puppet. From 7am to 7pm. I once finished on a site at 5pm (started at 7am), got a call on my way home and had to go to another site. Got there at 5:35, finished at 6. If you are late to a site (because youve never been there, trouble finding the company, jouney took longer than expected) they make you feel terrible. If its down to TFL, they want details - what route you took / any signal failures - and then try to prove you wrong by saying there were no signal failures on that line....like you walked in late on purpose... The uniform was a "one fits all" type suite and skirt. when you're 5"1, you look like a child in dress up. The whole outfit, with pearl necklace / earrings and black heels makes you look old.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 17 English Reviews