OfferUp Reviews

Updated Mar 24, 2020

3.4
OfferUp 	CEO and Co-Founder Nick Huzar (no image)
Nick Huzar
Pros
Cons
  • "Typical startup growing pains at tech and organizational level(in 5 reviews)

• "Would love to see the leadership team open up to this as the workplace is evolving and we need to evolve with it(in 5 reviews)

"Disappointing"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Seattle, WA

I worked at OfferUp full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The chaos at the company makes for some good work opportunities if you're in your early career.

Cons

A ton of operational overhead for devs. The company has been failing to execute for a long time.

"shrug emoji"

I worked at OfferUp full-time for more than a year

Pros

employment, job, not homeless, mostly nice people, oxygen available, sometimes warm, doesn’t always smell like sewage, i can’t get to 20 words

Cons

no direction, lack of leadership, more discussion than action, usually cold, usually flooded, usually dead ducks or geese in the parking lot because people are rushing to do nothing. toxic culture. no accountability mechanisms. importance and recognition are determined by proximity to leadership.

Continue reading

"One of the worst companies I've ever worked at"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

I worked at OfferUp full-time for more than a year

Pros

Nice people, nice office space, good benefits, snacks in the kitchen

Cons

Incompetent leadership, misogynistic execs, "old boys" club mentality, chaos with regard to product roadmap, only top-down decision-making, massive attrition

"Mass up"

1.0
    Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Seattle, WA

I have been working at OfferUp full-time for more than a year

Pros

Location is convenient for me

Cons

Leadership team is keeping make wrong decision and hire incompetent managers. They try to copy amazon. Unfortunately, only copied amazon toxic culture. No stock, no business vision, whole company has no delivery for one year.

"Great Team, Great Management, Great Company"

Current Employee - Software Development Engineer II in Miami, FL

I have been working at OfferUp full-time for less than a year

Pros

Working with current technology, not trying to reinvent the wheel for everything, awesome culture, focused on the north star and achieving the company's mission, gives the employee the ability to drive their career

Cons

Fast-paced, constantly changing environment(if you don't like that)

OfferUp Response

March 6, 2020

Thank you for the review. Glad to have you on the team!

"Great company, great projects, great culture"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Miami, FL

I have been working at OfferUp full-time for less than a year

Pros

OfferUp has a culture mix of excellence and compassion. Working here will definitively make you a better professional while keeping you human. At all levels there is a will to learn and make it better. Our core values: DNA: Driven, Neighborly and Adaptable permeates everything we do. They have a well defined career advancement program, you won't get lost achieving your professional goals. Fearless problem solving Super inclusive and diverse

Cons

Is not a small team, sometimes decision takes a long time to settle. The Miami Office is very new. There still are some expected growing pains coordinating two geographically and culturally separated offices.

7. "Amazing Culture"

Current Employee - Engineering Manager

I have been working at OfferUp full-time for less than a year

Pros

Truly lives by it's operating principles, very neighborly. The culture here is amazing, leadership actually treats you like a human being. Technology is always being evaluated to make sure we are current so your career will have a chance to always grow.

Cons

If you don't like fast paced might not be for you. Startup 'like' benefits.

8. "Great place to work and lots to do"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer

I have been working at OfferUp full-time for less than a year

Pros

Like most companies, OfferUp has some huge goals with the right leadership to do it. The CTO is very confident in his staff with an infectious drive and ambition. Management is great and trusting of their subordinates. People are ready to help if prompted.

Cons

On-boarding is a little rough, but tech is in transitionary period and should smoothen out with time.

9. "Exciting new engineering team building state-of-the-art micro services in a brand new office"

4.0
    Current Employee - Software Development Engineer in Miami, FL
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at OfferUp full-time for less than a year

Pros

A completely new engineering workspace with 12-15 personnel has been conjured from grounds-up in less than 3 months. Friendly, collaborative start-up like atmosphere, with competitive compensation package. Talented and enthusiastic individuals and leaders are making this office a fun place to work. On the top of that, we have been entrusted with developing novel micro services that have the game-changing potential for the entire company.

Cons

Attrition in Bellevue office. Rudimentary office perks in the new Miami office.

10. "Amazing Culture"

Current Employee - Engineering Manager

I have been working at OfferUp full-time for less than a year

Pros

The culture here is amazing, everyone has a positive attitude and not afraid to tackle big problems. There have been many changes as the organization evolves but they have all been well documented and communicated.

Cons

We need to hire more!

Found 111 reviews