- Arts & Design
- Customer Services & Support
- Finance & Accounting
- Personnel/Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Media & Communications
- Military & Protective Services
- Product & Project Management
- Research & Science
- Retail & Food Services
- Skilled Labour & Manufacturing
- Current Employees
- Canada - All Cities
- - Ontario
- - Toronto, ON Area
- - Toronto, ON
- - British Columbia
- - Victoria, BC Area
- - Victoria, BC
Found 68 of over 93 reviews
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- Most Recent
- Oldest first
- Former Employee★★★★★Jan. 10, 2023 - DirectorRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Like every workplace, it is not perfect… but they are far better than most and continuously aim to improve. Lovely work culture. Fairly well defined processes. Excellent IT support. Beautiful work environment.
Nothing to add in this sectionContinue reading
- Former Employee, more than 5 years★★★★★Dec. 17, 2022 - EngineerRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Smart people. Great office. Research-oriented.
Salary is not as high (it is a government-funded NGO, so nothing of surprise) HR is not really that helpful
- Current Employee, more than 5 years★★★★★Oct. 14, 2022 - Software Architect in Toronto, ONRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Great team, interesting work, great place for juniors to get a ton of experience.
Management considers it a success, in their own words, when senior and valuable members are not retained.Continue reading
- Former Employee, more than 5 years★★★★★Aug. 5, 2022 - Assistant To The Regional Manager in Toronto, ONRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
- Good environment to start a career - Most groups will promote staff development, coaching, but it depends on your manager - Relatively stable jobs as long as you're not paid from academic grants. Good pension. - IT support is unbelievably good
- Work life balance can be terrible. Constant pressure from researchers in and connected to OICR to do more "to help cancer patients" without regard to resources, money, staff availability, etc. Staff burnout and turnover is a major problem - Research is often very academic with no clear path to "health and economic benefits to the people of Ontario" - Principal Investigators often don't pull in the same direction as the institute and OICR sometime feels like a university department.Continue reading
- Current Employee, more than 3 years★★★★★Jul. 25, 2022 - Scientific Associate in Toronto, ONRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
I was able to work from home.
Contracts will end when there is no more grants.Continue reading
- Former Employee, more than 5 years★★★★★Jul. 8, 2022 - Research Associate in Toronto, ONRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Nice place to work in, with friendly team members
the commute is a big issue in Toronto. It made many people to quit working to big companies based in downtown toronto
- Former Employee, more than 3 years★★★★★Jun. 21, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ONRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
-good benefits, pension -good work-life balance -good place to learn
-salary, limited opportunities for growthContinue reading
- Current Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★Jun. 14, 2022 - ManagerRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Avery good place to work
None that I can think of
- Former Employee, more than 3 years★★★★★Apr. 9, 2022 - Anonymous EmployeeRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Great working environment Nice people to work with, welcoming and friendly. Excellent leadership team
Nothing that I could think of.
- Current Employee★★★★★Jan. 12, 2022 - Research Technician II in Toronto, ONRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Flexibility, good benefits, good management
Professional growth can be difficult
OICR Reviews FAQs
OICR has an overall rating of 3.8 out of 5, based on over 93 reviews left anonymously by employees. 96% of employees would recommend working at OICR to a friend and 38% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -1% over the last 12 months.
96% of OICR employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated OICR 4.2 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.0 for culture and values and 3.3 for career opportunities.