Nuance Reviews

Mark Benjamin

"Software QA"

2.0

I worked at Nuance full-time

Pros

The technology is current and has mega potential in the right hands.

Cons

Too many bad, hasty, decisions have placed this company where it is today. Stagnant.

2. "Software Engineer"

5.0

I have been working at Nuance full-time

Pros

A lot of advantages, nice project.

Cons

Lack of vision and innovation

September 26, 2018

Thank you for your review. We'd love to hear more specifically on the "Lack of vision and innovation" comment you made as we have multiple projects going on with very interesting AI technology so not quite sure what you mean by that but would love to further understand. If you feel comfortable to have a confidential conversation please reach out to Brittney Lapointe in the Nuance directory. We glad overall you are enjoying Nuance and are working on some nice projects!

"Promotion changes are random"

Former Employee - Senior Scientist in Montreal, QC

I worked at Nuance full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Allowed to work remotely, relaxed working environments

Cons

Performance is good or bad, decided by your manager or senior manager, sometimes not fair.

"Software Developer"

Current Employee - Software Developer in Montreal, QC

I have been working at Nuance full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good working environment, very smart people, Friendly and cheerful staff, Casual dress code , Nice Benefits, Flexible timings, Work from home, Free Beverages

Cons

None i can think off right now

July 30, 2018

Thank you for your review on Nuance. We are glad to see you are enjoying the amenities and benefits. We appreciate your advice to management and will pass the information along to our benefits team who evaluates our current benefits annually.

5. "Good Environment and people"

5.0

I have been working at Nuance full-time

Pros

Flexible schedules ,Location ,Benefits, Work from home option

Cons

Nothing as I knew so far

June 27, 2018

Thank you for your review. We're glad to see you are enjoying your role and the benefits!

6. "Natural Language Understanding Developer"

Current Employee - NLU Developer

I have been working at Nuance full-time for less than a year

Pros

There are tools developed internally that streamlines development. Friendly people. Manager really emphasizes on work-life balance. Great colleagues to learn from. Lots of benefits, such as reimbursement for transit costs and fitness.

Cons

Need to work long to get a good picture of the cons.

"Transcriptionist"

1.0

I have been working at Nuance full-time

Pros

Work from home is a plus

Cons

Pay is not very good

"Severe issues on Comms and Resources - Urgent CMM & ITSM Maturity Models assessment recommended"

2.0
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC

I have been working at Nuance full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Exciting, cutting-edge products - Multi-cultural, multi-lingual. - 4 weeks vacation. - Interesting benefit package.

Cons

Besides the pros, I'd think twice before recommending someone in my professional network to join, because of its low maturity level in service management. Processes are not followed, and project documentation barely exist. Other important issues: * Severe communication issues at management level: managers defining strategies at upper level, and not cascading to the workforce, generating noise and issues during implementation (funny since this company core business is on communication/languages). * Severe resources issue: Inverted organization chart - lots of management levels and few resources in the delivery workforce. Resources often over allocated (2 or 3 times their capacity). No work-life balance and burnouts often happens. Management is aware of the issue, but don't address the problem. * Unrealistic planning & control: Operational Planning made based on guessing. No benchmark/track of records on the real effort spent on activities. Company doesn't promote reuse. * Lack of accountability: Customer milestones often not reached (related with resource issue), requiring re-planning/re-negotiation with customers.

9. "Nuance"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC

I have been working at Nuance full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good technology, great team work, exciting products

Cons

too much work and pressure to keep up with the competition

May 16, 2018

Thank you for your review. We hope you share how you feel in regards to your workload with your manager or HR as it is important our employees feel supported in having a work-life balance. Like other technology companies, we are fast paced, which is what makes being in technology so exciting! It's great to hear your group is collaborative in Montreal and you are enjoying working on our product offerings!

10. "Excellent Place to Work"

Current Employee - Associate Software Engineer in Montreal, QC

I have been working at Nuance full-time for more than a year

Pros

-Great benefits -4 weeks starting vacation (great for travelers) -Good starting salary -Ability to grow and climb to new positions -Can work from home fairly frequently (some teams even allow permanent work from home)

Cons

-Worked with proprietary technologies which hinders my ability to learn standard industry used tech -Some deadlines were unreasonable and upper management would not realize how much how pressure they were applying on some teams. -Sometimes hard to get feedback on where you stand on the team and the quality of your work. Waited about 1 year before asking about how I can get promoted to the next level up

March 29, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. It's great to hear you are enjoying the overall benefits and amenities. We appreciate your advice to management.

Found 1978 reviews